Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GAme Update 2.0

mothear
02.20.2013 , 07:38 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by shefflad View Post
As this in not the expansion as its says this about that

The Rise of the Hutt Cartel digital expansion (which contains the planet-based story content and more) will have a separate, closed beta process which will not appear on the Public Test Server. We are also happy to announce that you will be able to transfer your character to PTS using the new PTS Character Copy Tool (instructions can be found below).
As you say it also says 'The level cap increase to 55 is included with the purchase of the Digital Expansion, Rise of the Hutt Cartel.'

So yes it will be there but in the same way that I cannot complete HM flashpoints at level 45 I won't be able to do these 55's at 50. OK, I'm assuming you cannot enter them, maybe you can, but you won't be able to complete it.

Unusualsuspect
02.20.2013 , 07:52 PM | #12
Those two statements imply a general rule that all the balance updates, new abilities, etc. are available...

...With an exceptionmade for the level cap (and by its nature, the new lvl 51+ abilities) and the new operations, which is tied to the purchase of the RotHC.
I you private dancer.

50: Sorcerer, Assassin, Juggernaut, Mercenary, Sniper, Shadow, Guardian

JediCahlwyn
02.20.2013 , 07:58 PM | #13
Levels 51-55 will only be available for those who purchase the expansion (F2P or sub).

The general update will apply to EVERYONE (so the tweaks, etc will be available without the exp).

EDIT: I re-read the patch notes and am now unsure... maybe the level increase will be available? I'm honestly not sure, the wording is off what we were told previously.
--Master Endric Cahlwyn--
<The Womp Rats> of The Shadowlands
Jedi Guardian 55 For The Republic!

Mowermanx
02.20.2013 , 08:07 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JediCahlwyn View Post
Levels 51-55 will only be available for those who purchase the expansion (F2P or sub).

The general update will apply to EVERYONE (so the tweaks, etc will be available without the exp).

EDIT: I re-read the patch notes and am now unsure... maybe the level increase will be available? I'm honestly not sure, the wording is off what we were told previously.
Yeah, I'm not so sure either, the notes are conflicting...

Idejon
02.20.2013 , 08:11 PM | #15
My understanding is this: the 2.0 patch makes changes to the current game in the form of class balancing and bug fixes which will apply to everyone. Buying RotHC is the only way to access level 55, Makeb, and any features (besides 55) not in this patch but in the expansion. What this means for those who don't buy the expansion is they will be stuck at level 50.

In my exploration of the test server this is bad news for those who do not buy the expansion as all level 50 gear vendors on the fleet have been removed. If this is the case on live, progression will cease for those who don't purchase the expansion.
The De'us Legacy
Quegaran - 55 Sage/Twi'lek Quedetruit - 55 GS/Chiss
Pasde - 55 Mercenary/Chiss Quag - 55 Assassin/Twi'lek
Absque - 55 Guardian/Human Maitre - 55 Vanguard/Twi'lek

TheRainbow
02.20.2013 , 08:29 PM | #16
The one thing I'm really missing from the patch notes is a rise of the mission cap of number of missions that you can keep in your mission log. With PvE & PvP dailies as well as pending vehicle quests + event missions I hit the cap almost every day.

This limitation is of no use from a game mechanics perspective and highly intrusive. Getting the cap lifted would rid the game of one more simple annoyance!.

That aside I'm looking forward to 2.0!

Mowermanx
02.20.2013 , 08:33 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Idejon View Post
My understanding is this: the 2.0 patch makes changes to the current game in the form of class balancing and bug fixes which will apply to everyone. Buying RotHC is the only way to access level 55, Makeb, and any features (besides 55) not in this patch but in the expansion. What this means for those who don't buy the expansion is they will be stuck at level 50.

In my exploration of the test server this is bad news for those who do not buy the expansion as all level 50 gear vendors on the fleet have been removed. If this is the case on live, progression will cease for those who don't purchase the expansion.
The problem with this is the very first line in the official 2.0 patch notes is: All Classes can now reach Level 55!

But then on the rothc page, it states:
The new Operation and Hard Mode Flashpoints in Game Update 2.0 are Level 55 Elder Game Content. The level cap increase to 55 is included with the purchase of the Digital Expansion, Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

Hence the conflicting messages.

Banegio
02.20.2013 , 08:37 PM | #18
It may work this way....

There is no hard stop to reach lv55. However without questing on the new planet, it is very difficult to reach lv55. Say when you are lv53, they gray out all the lv50 quest and only given so tiny xp for killing lv50 mobs.