Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 changes on PTS

Zunayson
02.21.2013 , 03:24 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
It sounds like preparation could be a nice buff for PvP then, kill a target and instantly have all your Focus generators available again. Won't really matter in PvE.
matters the most for solo pve; all of my long cd moves (like leap) are on cd while a master strike and a couple of other moves finish them off in <10 seconds. This allows me to get back into the fray extremely well

Contrarily, in pvp combat usually wont drop because battles will be between large groups at a time. But if you can drop combat, this change is extremely needed and will **** improve focus generation and may even make me use slash!
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

Skullbash
02.21.2013 , 03:25 PM | #12
I mean it all sounds good, but pretty much my favorite part of playing vigilance was getting those huge autocrit dispatches, I just don't see it being as fun without them.

Zunayson
02.21.2013 , 03:34 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
actually with the way it is currently on the pts if you do your rotation right its 50% stacking up to 2 times so it ends up being 100% crit chance (a buff technically) as long as you use at least 2 of plasma brand over head slash or dispatch before hand.
Wait so rush only afffects blade storm now and not dispatch? Does blade storm consume force rush? If it does, then that sucks, plasma brand's 12 second CD means full rush ever y12 seconds, yet blade storm every 9 . If BS does not consume, then that means in theory, assuming rush is still 9 seconds, that using overhead slash literally every time its on cd should reset the proc if its absolutely perfect (The same goes for energy blast resetting the tanking skill in the vanguard tree - you never need to use ion pulse), though with ability delay it is unlikely.
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.

Siorac
02.21.2013 , 03:39 PM | #14
Force Rush lasts 15 seconds but yes, Blade Storm consumes the stacks. Overhead Slash, Plasma Brand and Dispatch all trigger Force Rush so it's not hard to keep it up all the time.

Zunayson
02.21.2013 , 03:59 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
Force Rush lasts 15 seconds but yes, Blade Storm consumes the stacks. Overhead Slash, Plasma Brand and Dispatch all trigger Force Rush so it's not hard to keep it up all the time.
Okay, good. It looks like vigi is nice again. And this encourages me to restart my whole rotation with these changes; Thanks a bunch! PTS still has a gig left for main assets 1. lol

TwistedTony
02.21.2013 , 04:10 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Zunayson View Post
Okay, good. It looks like vigi is nice again. And this encourages me to restart my whole rotation with these changes; Thanks a bunch! PTS still has a gig left for main assets 1. lol
yeah the force rush actually got a buff to scream, in place of it affecting dispatch. so auto crit on scream + dispatch in all phases + improved bleeds + ravager is exclusive to jugs!! = one viable dps jug/guard
The Bastion - Descension
Rexas - Juggernaut, Predatus - Marauder, Malitus - Assassin
Vigilax - Guardian

Zunayson
02.21.2013 , 05:02 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by TwistedTony View Post
yeah the force rush actually got a buff to scream, in place of it affecting dispatch. so auto crit on scream + dispatch in all phases + improved bleeds + ravager is exclusive to jugs!! = one viable dps jug/guard
I just wish we could get some sort of reason to use ravage in pvp. I really, really, really wish it rooted the target, though that may be a bit op to have (potentially) 3 seconds of root, 9 seconds of walking, 3 seconds of root, etc.

wadecounty
02.21.2013 , 05:20 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Zunayson View Post
I just wish we could get some sort of reason to use ravage in pvp. I really, really, really wish it rooted the target, though that may be a bit op to have (potentially) 3 seconds of root, 9 seconds of walking, 3 seconds of root, etc.
Are you serious? Just use it after charge, between Unremitting and Stagger they have to burn a cooldown if they don't want to take all 3 hits. It works fine now that way and will still work fine that way with 2.0.

Btw, parsed the new Vigilance... did 2430, I messed up the rotation some and was using the stock 69 gear you get from the vendor without any tweaks (did move it over to my armor so I had some strength augments in). For reference, my friend on his Assault Vanguard, who easily parses over 2k now, was only doing around 2.2-2.3k on bosses in hard mode Hammer Station.

I'm thinking we're going to want the 2 piece Sentinel bonus, as Master Strike still makes up significantly more of our damage than Blade Storm does (22% compared to 14%).

http://www.torparse.com/a/139777/32/0/Overview

ChicksDigHarleys
02.21.2013 , 05:27 PM | #19
Does the Guardian Slash AOE now hit CC'd targets?

How about removing the threat drop from Focused Defense for Guards in Soresu so it can frickin be used by tanks? Please?!?
You are playing a frickin video game.
You are not hardcore by any reasonable definition.

Kitru
02.21.2013 , 05:29 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ChicksDigHarleys View Post
How about removing the threat drop from Focused Defense for Guards in Soresu so it can frickin be used by tanks? Please?!?
Guardians are getting Saber Reflect. That's *more* than enough CD based ******ness.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.