Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What the heck is this?! This is a joke! New armor models up. Gremlins and moths :l:l

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What the heck is this?! This is a joke! New armor models up. Gremlins and moths :l:l

Cleet_Xia
02.20.2013 , 06:37 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Mossesman View Post
There only the Imperial armor suits at the moment guys. Got a bit worried tbh when i saw the BH armor and thought it was Trooper gear.
The complete looks? ~ some of it is just insane......

Some of the individual set pieces are VERY NICE !!
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

Elminster_cs
02.20.2013 , 06:37 PM | #32
I don't like the new gear...
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild.

jedimessiah
02.20.2013 , 06:37 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
Looks like the Mummy has returned
Looks a heck of a lot like it was inspired by Dengar the bounty hunter from Empire. I love the new armor, they finally are making stuff that looks Star Wars inspired! To each their own though!

publicenemies
02.20.2013 , 06:41 PM | #34
Who is greenlighting this garbage? Seriously why is it so hard in a star wars game to have "star wars" gear? I do thank you though for making me feel good about not buying makeb.

i knew it same crappy looking gear AGAIN! We deserve star wars looking gear not fantasy mmo arrmor in a sci fi game

Kaarruu
02.20.2013 , 06:42 PM | #35
That's just bad. Horribad. More clown suits, really?

A picture sums it up nicely.

TheNahash
02.20.2013 , 06:44 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimessiah View Post
Looks a heck of a lot like it was inspired by Dengar the bounty hunter from Empire. I love the new armor, they finally are making stuff that looks Star Wars inspired! To each their own though!
Well, to clarify, I'm pretty sure every piece is somehow inspired by something star wars-y. (no matter how much it doesn't seem that way).
And I agree: to each their own.
But tbh, not EVERYTHING related to Star Wars lore was a good (or good-looking) idea.

That said, I like most of the new sets (headpieces excluded). They seem toned down compared to Tionese/Rakata/Black Hole/War Hero stuff.

Heaviermetal
02.20.2013 , 06:45 PM | #37
Well, if this is the gear, I think I am done with the game sadly. I dont know who is in charge, but their art director is on crack if he thinks this is star wars? *** happened?
MACTOS - 55 MARAUDER
TOR'CERO - 50 POWERTECH

Blackavaar
02.20.2013 , 06:46 PM | #38
Is it just me or does the Underworld Bounty Hunter / Trooper look like he should be in a hospital bed?

I agree though, these are better, more influenced by Star Wars than most of the upper level gear we have.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

jedimessiah
02.20.2013 , 06:46 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
Well, to clarify, I'm pretty sure every piece is somehow inspired by something star wars-y. (no matter how much it doesn't seem that way).
And I agree: to each their own.
But tbh, not EVERYTHING related to Star Wars lore was a good (or good-looking) idea.

That said, I like most of the new sets (headpieces excluded). They seem toned down compared to Tionese/Rakata/Black Hole/War Hero stuff.
Very true! I never liked the look/feel of the wardrobes they wore in the prequels. Especially anything having to do with Naboo.

publicenemies
02.20.2013 , 06:48 PM | #40
who is greenlighting these? Thats what i want to know lol