Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What the heck is this?! This is a joke! New armor models up. Gremlins and moths :l:l

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What the heck is this?! This is a joke! New armor models up. Gremlins and moths :l:l

Spartanik
03.04.2013 , 03:41 AM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Then what's the point of even releasing the new gear? What's the point of having "artists" to sit down and, design it and get paid for something lots of players won't wear?

They should stop bothering making PvE gear or make it more appealing and stick only to the cartel market. It's just a waste of resources if they keep designing stuff so many players won't wear. And the cartel market gets better stuff anyway (looking at my Valiant armor)
some poeple like it by the looks of it. The point being the more the merrier. More choice. More options.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Astoncam
03.04.2013 , 05:03 AM | #272
Eventually all armor pieces will be replaced by orange pieces because the content will be too easy and everybody will get these new armors.

Everybody have something = not special. It's a basic concept but for some reason the ppl dont understand it.

< Dark Requiem > Habana - Gunslinger

Toweleeeie
03.04.2013 , 05:03 AM | #273
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
some poeple like it by the looks of it. The point being the more the merrier. More choice. More options.
Not if i have to see it on other players
I like turtles

Illyean
03.04.2013 , 05:10 AM | #274
It still staggers me that with so much art in existence for Star Wars BW keep on thinking they can produce something better, is there a problem with hiring art designers who have seen a Star Wars film or played any Star Wars games, read any book, seen ANY art that's out there already.

AlaricSevGirl
03.04.2013 , 05:22 AM | #275
Some likes it is correct, most people don't like the in game models. Who has ever seen pointy armor. Armor should go over your arms to protect you, not stick straight out. I think all of their designers should have been made to play the KOTOR games and watch the movies. They would have learned something. Darth Maul did not have pointy shoulder armor.

But truth be known, they do that so you end up spending money in the Cartel Market. All of my characters have CM armor because I can't stand the in game models. But EA/BW needs to learn something. You have 12 characters, you buy 12 sets of CM armor, then no more. I don't know many that would actually buy more slots than 12. That's a lot of characters to level to 50. I have spent a lot on CM stuff but I had some extra money to spare. Now, I'm not doing that. The GTN gets saturated and your cargo hold gets saturated so for them to really entice me into buying something new they have to give us something better. The adaptive armor I have on my characters will last them all the way to level 55.

Bioware also needs to retire stuff in their packs and not reuse them. Retiring them would give them more value. I have the throne but when I went to sell it on the GTN, there were at least 10 there or more. So I keep it in my cargo hold and wait.

R-Tee-Doo-Tee
03.04.2013 , 06:14 AM | #276
i was hoping to see something a bit more star wars like .

BraaxusKun
03.04.2013 , 07:56 AM | #277
is hiring good artists too mainstream for bioware?

no wonder everyone mods low lvl orange gear lol

poosticks
03.04.2013 , 08:42 AM | #278
The underworld force master set has a Kickass mask, I would actually prefer to run around in green and yellow pyjamas then wear this. The mercenary, and partisan warrior and inquisitor head armour is truly terrible.

I do really like the operative armour though.

demotivator
03.04.2013 , 11:59 AM | #279
Quote: Originally Posted by Doctoglethorpe View Post
Most of the armor looks pretty good imo, its really just the helmets that look silly but then they usually do on any gear set. I already use the hide-helm button almost all the time, I'll just keep doing that.
Yeah they always had an issue with headgear and it looks like they are still taking the same route with silly helmets.

Something that also irks me is that generally speaking most of the armor sets in the lvl 10-50 bracket actually look better than the HL gear. I mean these armors should be the ones we are excited to get...
Randomizing your forums.

Blackardin
03.04.2013 , 01:49 PM | #280
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
At least -all- sets (including old ones if I understand the patch notes correctly) will be tied to armourings going forward, so there won't be a need to wear these... whatever it is they are.
Thank the maker for that.

Look, I can understand some silly, over creative artist with a passion for pre-1950s, Buck Rodgers looks, but how do we excuse the developer that gave the approval for this stuff? LOL

Easily the worst excuse for armor that I've ever seen. Might want to clue the team in that its not about what the artist feels is new, inventive, or an expression of their creativity, but that we players have to wear this ****. LOL

Poorly done, and not something I would ever consider, except for the occasional chuckle during a guild meeting.
May the Schwartz be with you....