Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 Removal of Attacks on Stunned Targets

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
2.0 Removal of Attacks on Stunned Targets

02.20.2013 , 05:39 PM | #1
I use abilities like pommel strike, cheap shot, headshot, and tumult a lot during mob fights; however, it looks like all stunned-target focused attacks will be removed in 2.0. I'm just curious as to why. I personally find these moves to be quite useful. I do not want this thread to become full of negative comments, but if you have constructive feedback and opinions, I'd like to know how others feel about this change.

Below is the link to Dulfy, where you can see all these abilities that have been removed if you scroll to your particular class:

It also looks like a whole lot of other exciting stuff is coming though!
What a crazy random happenstance!

02.20.2013 , 05:44 PM | #2
Personally, I found the abilities a waste of space. Normal and strong NPCs die far too quickly to keep these abilities on my hotbars.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> <---Referral Link

02.20.2013 , 05:45 PM | #3
Because they are all very limited in use, you can't use them in PvP or on any mob more powerful than a Strong. So basically for occasional use while soloing. There are enough other abilities to use that it shouldn't affect a solo player much, if at all.

I'm sure BioWare has data on how often these abilities are used, and if they were actually being used often and were vital to play they wouldn't remove them. As it is, they're likely just taking up a quickbar slot for the vast majority of players.

Covenant of the Phoenix - Galactic Republic PvE
Official Site - Recruitment Post

02.20.2013 , 05:49 PM | #4
Okay, that makes a lot of sense. I was mainly curious about what drove them to remove it.
What a crazy random happenstance!

02.20.2013 , 05:50 PM | #5
good they are finally taking out the trash.

Ability bloat is a problem in this game, now we have 6 hotbars, so its better, but these abilities are not needed and Im glad to see them gone.

I never even train them on any of my characters, so I sure wont miss them.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

02.20.2013 , 05:55 PM | #6
Glad to see them go. The only one I used from time to time was tumult, and only because of the animation. All they did was take up valuable space on my quickbar.

02.20.2013 , 05:58 PM | #7
Because this game launched with ability bloat and just over a year in they are raising the level cap leading to more abilities being added.

While, as a tank, they did help speed along killing things while soloing, they are the most limited abilities in the game, with a pre-requirement, long CD and limited viable targets, it makes sense to trim these from abilities list.

02.20.2013 , 05:59 PM | #8
I still used them a lot in PvE on trash. They're powerful time savers...
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not? - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

02.20.2013 , 06:05 PM | #9
What bothers me is that some of these abilities look really cool. The acrobatic kick thing looks really good on my juggernaut with the cape and all. Overall I like what they're doing with the abilities if the current patch notes are to be believed (subject to change and all) though. I like having options when it comes to pretty much everything and am not a fan of removal, but the abilities affected aren't very important.
Sith Sorcerer

02.20.2013 , 06:10 PM | #10
They were fun abilities that were very useful while leveling, but overly situational at level cap. I couldn't quite remove them from my bars because they were useful for dailies/trash mobs, especially if I was a healing spec.

With the new 2.0 abilities, I completely understand that BW would be removed to reduce ability bloat.