Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR For PS4?

nadeem
02.20.2013 , 05:36 PM | #1
PS4 Specs have now been revealed and 8 core x86 cpu and an amd gpu with 8gigs of gddr5. Do you think it will be ported?

Nothematic
02.20.2013 , 05:37 PM | #2
..no.

/thread
Enaico - 55 Sorcerer | Zaland - 32 Shadow |
Enairo - 41 Sentinel |
[TOMB OF FREEDOM NADD]

Viridiana
02.20.2013 , 05:39 PM | #3
Only if Sony buys EAware.

ElitehunterDS
02.20.2013 , 05:39 PM | #4
No, mmo on console are insanely high in term of cost, maintenance and are not worth it.
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

TW-Cool
02.20.2013 , 05:42 PM | #5
I dont see the point. I dont think I would enjoy the game as much trying to play with a gamepad. What's wrong with your PC?

Want it displayed on your TV? Get a video card with an HDMI output or a TV with PC input jack.

djtyphoon
02.21.2013 , 07:02 AM | #6
I play on an Xbox gamepad on my PC. I prefer it to be honest, so much fun. And you can map it using XPadder so it's perfect.

Voblat
02.21.2013 , 07:20 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TW-Cool View Post
I dont see the point. I dont think I would enjoy the game as much trying to play with a gamepad. What's wrong with your PC?

Want it displayed on your TV? Get a video card with an HDMI output or a TV with PC input jack.
That wont be a sticking block for next gen, the ps4 is basically based on pc architecture, it would be as easy to control with a keyboard and mouse on the console as it is on the pc.

With the added bonus of easier coding due to a normalised specification.

I'm not suggesting swtor will appear on PS4 , or indeed the next xbox, but based on the released information, I will say the PC will not necessarily be the de facto platform for MMO's in the future.

TW-Cool
02.23.2013 , 10:08 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by djtyphoon View Post
I play on an Xbox gamepad on my PC. I prefer it to be honest, so much fun. And you can map it using XPadder so it's perfect.
Do you have enough buttons for most of your abilities? Do you use the sticks to mouse look and right-click mouse move? I could see it being possible for the most part, but then comes the typing in gen chat or talking in group. Not everyone is going to be using those voice chatting options. Or the less frequently used abilities when not in battle such as quick travel or transport to fleet or summoning pets. The keyboard and mouse are nice to have to fall back on.

Quote: Originally Posted by Voblat View Post
That wont be a sticking block for next gen, the ps4 is basically based on pc architecture, it would be as easy to control with a keyboard and mouse on the console as it is on the pc.

With the added bonus of easier coding due to a normalised specification.

I'm not suggesting swtor will appear on PS4 , or indeed the next xbox, but based on the released information, I will say the PC will not necessarily be the de facto platform for MMO's in the future.
Playing an MMO on the next gen consoles sounds fine for the future, but I wouldnt buy one for that sole reason. If I already have a PC, I dont need a console. If only there wasnt platform exclusive games... in the perfect world, every game should be released on PC, PS, and Xbox. The Wii and PS-Move and Kinkect could then share motion games titles. Of course that will never happen.

Doctoglethorpe
02.23.2013 , 10:15 AM | #9
The main issue of MMO's like swtor being on consoles is not graphic power, its input limitations. Swtor is not possible with a gamepad, thus it will never be on a gamepad platform.

The reason Diablo got ported was because it was designed to be gamepad friendly to begin with.

Doctoglethorpe
02.23.2013 , 10:19 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by djtyphoon View Post
Theres no way you play Swtor with only a gamepad. I could see a silly combination of gamepad and keyboard being possible (not gonna happen on a console), but not pure gamepad.