Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are the weekly reputation caps really needed?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Are the weekly reputation caps really needed?

CommanderKeeva
02.20.2013 , 02:06 PM | #1
I have acquired enough Gree reputation tokens yesterday to reach Legendary rank. I've been doing the Gree missions on 7-8 alts every day because I really wanted to get some of the Gree weapons for my characters as they look really awesome. In fact the first weapon set in the game that I really like.

But as it happens, the weekly cap prevents me from actually using up the reputation tokens and acquiring those weapons. Getting a Gree weapon requires meeting wto criteria: A. Getting enough Helix Components B. Getting the necessary reputation. I meet both criteria. So why do I need to wait two more weeks to use the things I've been farming day and night?

I understand that you don't want people blazing through content but they are doing it anyway. Virtually all of my guild members are in the Hero-Champion range and several others have enough reputation tokens saved to get them to Legendary level. So why is it necessary to hold us back, once we did the hard work and farmed enough rep tokens?

I think you're going about this the wrong way. If you want to artificially drag out progression and slow people down, then simply limit the number of quests they can do a week. But really, you allow us to get enough reputation to get to the highest tier in the first week. Once we meet the two criteria (A. helix components B. reputation tier), we should be able to buy the weapons right away, not wait two weeks because "oh by the way we think it's too soon for you to get them now." If you really think it's too soon for us, limit the number of rep tokens we can get a week and make the event longer or permanenet. I wouldn't be happy with that either but I would be more willing to accept it than the current situation.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?