Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting Skill

Fidelicatessen
04.02.2014 , 09:11 PM | #21
If you're just starting the game, it would be wise to level up your first character just as a money-gatherer. Do this by picking up Scavenging, Slicing and either Underworld Trading or Treasure Hunting. Sell all the stuff you get from Scavenging and only run Underworld Metals missions if you get Underworld Trading (the fabric missions aren't nearly as useful, profit-wise). Sell all the Underworld Metals you get.

Crew skills are surprisingly expensive to level up and are, in general, dismayingly useless except for making Augments at top-level (the exceptions being Cybertech and Biochem).

If you immediately start your first character making stuff and all your alts making *different* stuff, you will go broke very quickly, and won't be able to purchase your abilities as you level up.

psandak
04.03.2014 , 11:20 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by BanRau View Post
I was wondering why you can't have more than one Crafting Skill(i.e., Artifice and Synthweaving)?
Because of Cybertech and Biochem reusable items (grenades, and stims and adrenals respectively). Having the ability to have both is an unbalancing effect.

It is also a holdover from the crafting skills offering "top end" BoP gear (Rakata)

Adric_the_Red
04.03.2014 , 11:38 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Neo-Crusaders View Post
That's what people generally tend to do, but just remember, you can't send things in-between server, or to characters on opposing factions =P.
Not entirely true.
You can send stuff between any of your own characters, regardless of faction.

Essence_of_Light
04.03.2014 , 07:05 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Adric_the_Red View Post
Not entirely true.
You can send stuff between any of your own characters, regardless of faction.
^^qft
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for 7 free days as sub, free server transfer, free CC unlocks, and other bonuses!