Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Snap Shot not proc'ing?

TeaMug
02.19.2013 , 04:03 AM | #1
Does anyone else have the problem where Snap Shot (100% Snipe instant activation) does not happen when rolling to cover? It isn't always and it definitely is not within 6 seconds of the last one. Just occassionally happens; maybe because of lag? Only happens to me when I roll in to a 'green' pre-generated position and never when i crouch in place. Might just be me.

Stressfire
02.19.2013 , 08:53 AM | #2
Do you mean that there is a slight delay between pushing the key and the ability happening?

Or is the cast/channel for snipe still occurring in spite of the proc showing up in your buff bar?

If the first one, I have it too. Not sure what the delay is, but it's still shorter than cast time. But sometimes it happens instantly, sometimes it takes a millisecond or 2 to fire off

TeaMug
02.19.2013 , 04:28 PM | #3
No - The Snap Shot simply isn't triggering. I roll in to 'greeen man' cover and press my Snipe key and it takes 1.5 secs to cast. No instant-cast. It's not been 6 secs since the last one and I have 2 points in Snap Shot. The ability just seems not to happen. Seen more of it tonight; from all I can tell it happens when rolling in to cover thats not very far away (< 2m). It always triggers when I crouch in place though. Must just be me!

Edonidd
02.20.2013 , 01:27 PM | #4
Yeah, I have it happen quite often. Well quite often when I play MM. It seems to me to happen when I first start combat. If there is a prolonged engagement, I do seem to get it every 6 seconds when I reset dampners but that first shot a lot of times is me channeling snipe.

Stressfire
02.20.2013 , 04:44 PM | #5
Hmm, I may have just never noticed.

I tend to toss a Frag Grenade when I first take cover and follow that with the Snipe freebie, so as not to squander the energy that would be recharged while casting.

So...FG, Snipe, Snipe - then some other stuff

Will pay closer attention tonight, see what happens

DocDaneeka
02.21.2013 , 02:34 AM | #6
This happens to me all the time as well. I usually make sure that I do not roll into pregenerated cover as it only has a chance to not proc there.

Stressfire
02.25.2013 , 01:56 PM | #7
Well I'll be darned, it doesn't. Wonder if that is intentional or an accident/oversight?

What are the chances of fixing it?

Edonidd
03.10.2013 , 09:28 PM | #8
It just got much worse for me tonight out of nowhere. I take cover and expect my snap shot to proc. Instead I take aim and start my cast time, and when the bar counts all the way down I start mashing my followthrough... but it didn't light up. fourth or fifth time this happened I was actually paying attention enough to figure out what was going on. at first I just assumed cover was bugged or something and somebody somehow interrupted me. But it only happened when snap shot should have happened, but didn't. So it would start the animation of a regular snipe, and at the end realize it shouldn't be casting snipe so it just wouldn't. 1.5 second cast time, still triggered GCD too, but no snipe at all, no damager and no followthrough proc obviosuly.

thecoffeeguy
03.10.2013 , 09:52 PM | #9
Happening to me as well. Glad im not the only one. Definitely a weird issue.

islander
03.11.2013 , 09:43 AM | #10
I've noticed sporadically that my 1 sec debuff on ambush cast time won't activate after a critical hit snipe.
I really don't use roll to cover in warzones, as it too often puts me somewhere I don't want to be positionally.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five