Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need help figuring out what button keeps making me walk backwards on its own

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Need help figuring out what button keeps making me walk backwards on its own

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Doel
02.25.2013 , 04:15 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by stars_fan View Post
Too much clue goo on the s key is my guess
Happens on a freshly cleaned keyboard too and no, didn't drown it either.

Also, it happens on all directions keys. S, W, A, D, Q and E. However, skill keys don't get stuck, nor spacebar, or holstering the weapons ect pp.

TandyUK
02.25.2013 , 04:21 PM | #32
I have had this issue on 4 different pcs, with a total of 9 different keyboards.

It only affects direction keys, and doesnt seem to matter what they are bound to.

I have often found the toggling the numlock state (ie if it was off turn it on, or if it is on turn it off), and them bashing all my movement keys (ASDW, 2468 on the numpad, and up,down,left,right arrows) resets it.

I have not noticed any sort of pattern to when it happens.

kniite
02.25.2013 , 04:41 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by stars_fan View Post
Too much clue goo on the s key is my guess
my key doesnt get stuck, it never gets stuck, this laptop has elevated keys its not getting stuck at all and i have had the problem before i had the keyboard replacement on the laptop so its not that.

kniite
02.27.2013 , 02:35 AM | #34
bump.

Cyoti
02.27.2013 , 03:05 AM | #35
don't know if this will help, but a similar situation was happening in WoW for my girlfriend a few weeks back. we have a mouse that lets you program macros on the fly and somehow she had programed some random movements. all i had to do was go into the mouse controls and delete the macro. if you have a gaming mouse that lets you program macros on the go, check and make sure that hasn't happened accidentally.

other than that, i have no idea.

good luck!
Squadron 11-11-11Never Forget

kniite
02.28.2013 , 05:10 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Cyoti View Post
don't know if this will help, but a similar situation was happening in WoW for my girlfriend a few weeks back. we have a mouse that lets you program macros on the fly and somehow she had programed some random movements. all i had to do was go into the mouse controls and delete the macro. if you have a gaming mouse that lets you program macros on the go, check and make sure that hasn't happened accidentally.

other than that, i have no idea.

good luck!
nah doesnt seem like thats the problem all i have keybound is shift 1-=

DarkDajin
02.28.2013 , 06:16 PM | #37
Didnt hitting the shift key a lot, turn the ease of access thing back on? I know it does something on Vista atleast...

kniite
02.28.2013 , 06:44 PM | #38
idk i have windows 8 and turned ease of access off a few days ago and it is still off after playing everyday so i dont think so

Doel
02.28.2013 , 07:15 PM | #39
Well, the suggestion to press the NUM key when it happens and to hit the direction keys together with the arrow keys seems to help somewhat.

At least I was able to get rid of the running by doing that. Had it happen 3 times today. 2 times the NUM trick worked, the other time I had to unbind/reasign.

Basil_Evenstar
02.28.2013 , 07:23 PM | #40
Sometimes I find a movement button stuck down. This might be from alt+tabbing or popups (I run in windowed mode). My fix is quickly hit all movement buttons really fast for a few seconds and it fixes it.