Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need help figuring out what button keeps making me walk backwards on its own

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Need help figuring out what button keeps making me walk backwards on its own
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

oblate_medic
02.23.2013 , 11:07 PM | #11
I have noticed that I tend to get this bug when I am in a group and a conversation auto-starts when you walk into an area. Been getting this bug for several months now, since I started playing. Happens on my old desktop, new desktop, and both lap-tops, so I am pretty sure it is not the keyboard.
GM: The Lost Soul Searchers (Republic) /GM: Driven to Conquer (Empire)

kniite
02.24.2013 , 02:18 AM | #12
it mainly happens to me during pvp, bump again would like an official reply.

Nothematic
02.24.2013 , 05:55 AM | #13
Number Lock can do this. Not sure if it's the same as what you're reporting.
Coastas - 55 Marauder | Enaico - 55 Sorcerer | Enairo - 55 Operative | Zabric - 32 Mercenary
[TOMB OF FREEDOM NADD]

kniite
02.24.2013 , 06:04 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Nothematic View Post
Number Lock can do this. Not sure if it's the same as what you're reporting.
no numberlock is auto run, you auto run forward, this forces me to walk backwards on my own and the only way to stop it is to walk backwards manually for a second, it really screws you over alot.

Master-A
02.24.2013 , 06:22 AM | #15
I have the same problem. lucky me It never happend in pvp or in a fight but that maybe cuz I dont pvp much or hit my keyboard to much. But I wallk not only backward I walk on all sides but I just have to find the buttom to klick that walks on the same direction so If I walking forward it gotta be the up arow or W.
The Progenitor

OwenBrooks
02.24.2013 , 06:38 AM | #16
Have you tried unbinding the arrow keys from all the movement. shift+8,2,6,4 from the naga are converted to keyboard arrow for example

Master-A
02.24.2013 , 10:24 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Have you tried unbinding the arrow keys from all the movement. shift+8,2,6,4 from the naga are converted to keyboard arrow for example
I cast abilities with that, so thats not the problem. sometimes it happends when Im afk. but sure Im not botherd with it at all its easy to stop most of the times and it doesent happend that often.
The Progenitor

kniite
02.24.2013 , 03:25 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
really? Well no i did not do this, and i do use shift 8,2,6, and 4 on my naga so I will try this and if it works I will thank you 10000x. It has never happened when i was afk like the guy above me so will try it out in a few.

Master-A
02.24.2013 , 04:16 PM | #19
Well it happend to me ones or twice :P
The Progenitor

kniite
02.24.2013 , 05:04 PM | #20
i tried unbinding the arrow keys but i still have the same problem was still moving backwards on its own