Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

60k repair bill!

Reppical
02.17.2013 , 05:10 PM | #41
From someone who loves to bank credits, I personally am not too much for the increased repair costs.

But, that is because I have gotten so used to the previous repair cost system, which according to BW was bugged because it did not take into account the modifications inside the piece, whether it be armor, weapons, etc.

But I am not going to cry about it, making a quick buck in SWTOR doesn't take that much time, however, I can tell you why the increased repair costs will have a negative affect in other aspects than people complaining about the increase.

I feel and have witnessed that now, more than ever players aren't tolerable of wipes. I did a flashpoint the other night and our DPS just wasn't their, but it was bearable, as the healer, I didn't have to much an issue, our tank on the other hand began to get frustrated and after the first wipe left. Yes, this happened before, but what I am saying is now that people know the repair costs are more expensive, I wonder if that adds an additional factor in the probability he/she will ditch a group prematurely due to a misfortune or wipe.

Lastly, I will say that my repair bills in operations has been somewhat difficult to bare. I was working on HM TFB and seeing 100k repair bills several times throughout the night does hit your morale pretty hard. I know I can make 100k in about 30 minutes through the dailies, but 300k is a different story. It also adds frustration to the group, more people get angry. Luckily my guild has increased the guild bank repair funds by 100% giving us 500k per week, but I was just trying to give you all an example, what if the same applied for a guild that couldn't use their funds for guild repairs.

Just some thoughts. The increased repair costs aren't outrageous but in my eyes they weren't introduced "nicely" if you will. An increased cost wouldn't be so much a problem if it wasn't SUCH a big increase.

Cheers!

Mavery
02.17.2013 , 05:14 PM | #42
@OP: you wiped three times in a flashpoint? That sounds like a troll right there.

These repairs are not an issue. If you're really strapped for cash and refuse to play the GTN, dailies take 30 minutes to get enough credits to cover your repair costs. Not to mention raiding guilds worth their salt will offer you guild repairs.

It's a lot of crying over nothing.
Former GM and RL of a once great guild. Now just wandering the galaxy looking for a good home.

sergiopitanga
02.17.2013 , 08:58 PM | #43
The thing is some people want to do dailies as least as possible and focus on doing OPs. It is their choice and the high cost of repair is causing them frustations. I understand and I aggree the cost needs to go down.

In the end, a game's purpose is to be fun, grinding for cash to pay for repairs is not fun.

annabethchase
02.17.2013 , 09:26 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Osryri View Post
maybe you're to incompetent to read what I said. I lost more credits then I made today by simply having a few wipes in a flashpoint. That means I completely wasted all my time doing the few dailies I did. I don't enjoy seeing negative results for my efforts.
Then don't die, duh.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

Toweleeeie
02.17.2013 , 09:33 PM | #45
No I don't give anything to incompetent players.
Incompetent player? You were just crying about wiping on a FP, Im guessing it wasnt even hard mode.

This game is not hard and repair costs should be high. Dying should have a penalty.
Can I has more Sandbox?

DarthBama
02.17.2013 , 09:35 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
Then don't die, duh.
You do realize that your gear degrades just taking hits right? People are complaining of 30k bills just from doing the stinking dailies without dying. Forget that treadmill. I've gone back to PvP only. I refuse to tank under these conditions. I get to play an hour a day if I'm lucky. I'm not going to spend 4 days doing dailies for one to two nights of Ops.

lucotas
02.17.2013 , 09:42 PM | #47
Im tired of this. Canceled my sub.
subnormals. subnormals everywhere.

i can make more than 1million per day if i want to or maybe 1.5million and with lucky 2million per day

of course i don't do it because it is bored but it is posible

ps: bioware said they will add less repair taxes
Working on my english.
PLEASE SUPORT THIS THREAD ABOUT ANIMAL MOUNTS!
Animal Mounts in the cartel market

-IceHawk-
02.17.2013 , 10:04 PM | #48
The point, if I take the general consensus of the complaints correctly, is that those of us who have perhaps one or two hours to play a day do not want to spend them doing dailies to afford the fun part of the game.

This is a major inconvenience and it is one I have personally felt more of in the last few days due to the semester hitting into full gear. My time to grind dailies has turned into my time to respond to student emails...

..having just spent the last of my money on BiS pieces for my healer I am too low on funds to finance my own repairs through a HM OP without grinding out dailies.

As I do not want to spend my entertainment time doing meaningless repetitive tasks to gain in-game credits I am spending my playing time here on the forums, instead of in the game.

While the two sides of this argument quickly devolve into individuals who place SWTOR on their weekly priority list versus people who do not telling the other side to get a life/job/learn to play the reality is that Bioware has introduced a major inconvenience, again.

If Bioware is truly concerned about the credit supply in-game diluting potential Cartel Market purchases (my pet theory) and overall causing serious inflation, there are other (Unique Armor/Weapons/Mounts sold through Vendors anyone?) more convenient ways to deal with this.

There was nothing wrong with the way repair fees have functioned since 1.2; this change was ill-advised.

And for the record; while most of the people who threaten to unsub do not, the new F2P method means a lot of these complaints likely result in Sub-attrition...

...which means a classic Free-Rider funding dilemma....which means more Cartel Market Only additions and less in-game features for subscriber dollars....

Bioware's actions have consequences, real financial ones that impact the evolution of this game.

hippiechick
02.18.2013 , 03:45 AM | #49
If your idea of fun is hunting down creds for repair bills good on you. It is not my idea of fun, It shouldnt even be an afterthought. You play, you die, you repair, and dont even think about it normally. I havent played since they raised the price of repair but when I do log on if I have to actually pay attention to it and go work to be able to afford it I am out.

M
If at first you don't succeed...
then skydiving isn't for you.

Prysha
02.18.2013 , 04:06 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by RixoFutu View Post
Making credits in SWTOR is very easy and you can do it in many ways. If you can't make 60k, you are very incompetent to play this game.
Dude some peopel just login for 2 hours and make some flashpoints / OPs because they have a Job and a family to care about.

Quote: Originally Posted by lucotas View Post
subnormals. subnormals everywhere.

i can make more than 1million per day if i want to or maybe 1.5million and with lucky 2million per day
How? video?...

Quote: Originally Posted by lucotas View Post

ps: bioware said they will add less repair taxes
source?
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!