Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

60k repair bill!

JustTed
02.17.2013 , 10:51 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post

Agreed. I can get about 60k in 40 minutes doing dailies: 1.5k/minute.

Now the issues was a 60k repair bill correct?

So that's 40 minutes of dailies.

Is that really too much?
He did his dailies for this day.

If you're going to comment, you should probably read the thread.

Vandicus
02.17.2013 , 10:54 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by JustTed View Post
He did his dailies for this day.

If you're going to comment, you should probably read the thread.
If he did he'd have more than 60k credits.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

AshlaBoga
02.17.2013 , 11:00 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
If he did he'd have more than 60k credits.
^

I think the OP was saying he'd done his PvP and LFG dailies for the day and lost credits since he wiped a couple times in his HM LFG daily. The obvious answer - and a somewhat flippant one - is to wipe less.

As much as I hate to admit it, SWG got certain things right and the permadeath for Jedi (as well as how hard it was to become one) was one of those things. When you had to work hard to become a Jedi and another player could take that away from you, you stepped your gameplay up several notches. It forced you to be the best player you could be, or die.

Survival of the Fittest is the Sith way. And I am Sith.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Xcontentia
02.17.2013 , 12:40 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by RixoFutu View Post
Making credits in SWTOR is very easy and you can do it in many ways. If you can't make 60k, you are very incompetent to play this game.
I would like to name you something bad like an ****** or something, but i didnt. Get out of here you troll.

Trollokdamus
02.17.2013 , 01:45 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by mothear View Post
I had to laugh at this. There are many things I dislike about this game, but some I really like so I continue paying, we are not all Biodrones as many people suggest.
I wasn't calling anyone a Biodrone. What i was saying is no matter what decision BW make, there will always be someone who finds this particular decision acceptable. Not necessarily the same people every time.

As for bashing people many have offered suggestions just to be told they are idiots and it is my way (cheaper repairs) or the highway. Perhaps it is because SWTOR is aimed less at the MMO crowd and more at RPG fans.
I don't recall anyone being called an idiot for trying to come up with a possible solution. Maybe it indeed happened somewhere and i missed it, but considering that i don't see such behaviour all over the place, it has to be just some sporadic cases.
But i do recall people who claim that it's my way (how BW did it) or the highway.
Anyway, i've been reading this forums for a long time and from what i've seen there is much more rudeness, disrespect and outright insults directed from those who defend the game to those who complain about anything, not vice versa. From my experience, in general complainers tend to focus their energy and/or emotions on the issues they have, while defenders mostly focus on complainers themselves.

I don't have to convince anyone that they are wrong, or bad, but I have every right to call people out who make up statistics and shout because they are not happy. If we do not answer these points BW may well think this is a hugh issue, which in my opinion it isn't, and waste time reversing the change instead of getting on with more important aspects of the game
If you do it in a constructive way, without insulting anyone, then sure. But in this case my previous post is not directed to you.
I don't have anything against constructive discussions, they are a good thing for the game. But only when they are indeed constructive and both sides respect each other.
To keep duscussions this way, forums are supposed to be heavily moderated. Unfortunately, this is not the case for this particular forum - flame wars are not getting deleted, threads which contain them are rarely being closed. So people are not afraid of acting rudely and aggressively here.

Your last sentence is the humdinger. The only people here hurling insults like incompetent and just after your post 'little punks' and lemmings is, oh yes, the complainers.
Uhm, what? It's the "defender" who was accusing the "complainer" (OP) of being incompetent to play the game. And the same person says can i have your stuff thing a couple of posts later. In additon, i see much needless agression in some other posts.
Speaking about the second post, agree on that, everyone should be respectful. Both sides.

dacentabaal
02.17.2013 , 01:46 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Osryri View Post
Thanks Bioware. I didn't even make 60k today but due to a few wipes in a flashpoint I lost every credit I earned plus some. Thanks so much for screwing up this game even further.
.....How...how bad was your group?

In level 50 Ops the biggest repair bill ive had so far was 32k and that was from 1 wipe (end finished run repairs)...and that was an OPS, in Random HM's even after a few wipes (due to new player not fully knowing their class) the most ive had was 12k....and just 1 set of dailies gets you 60k so just do Black Hole and Ilum and voila.. 120k right there for 25 mins work...so again.. how bad was your group?

Pre-level 50 Flashpoints barely scratch the credits imo.. but thats just me
CE Owner
Friend Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/sdFwY8
Apparently I'm a 'Dev Troll' and shouldn't be taken seriously on anything I say...

LohKey
02.17.2013 , 02:09 PM | #37
Mine was 60k repair bill for the 16 man gree world boss.. Wasn't a bad group, just a hard boss on HM/NiM
Pawning your Jedi Like A *** *** girl scout ***** *** ******* in your moms ****** *****!!
BH since 2004!
CE

AshlaBoga
02.17.2013 , 04:21 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by LohKey View Post
Mine was 60k repair bill for the 16 man gree world boss.. Wasn't a bad group, just a hard boss on HM/NiM
HM Xenoanalyst? He's not that bad except for his final burn phase at the end: that killed 3-4 of us (I think I saw him do a 22k hit). Were you guys not LoSing the AoE? I know it seems like a cheap tactic but unless BW says outright that it's an exploit I'm going to keep doing it. Also bring at least 1 sorc or sage for the puddle heal, on 16 man that's really useful.

Of course he's tuned for Rakata so if you were carry fresh 50s you'd have one heck of a fight - based on what you've said so far it sounds like you were saddled by a bad group.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Monoth
02.17.2013 , 04:38 PM | #39
I'm guessing the increased repair costs is an attempt to keep people from solo'ing group content and running past stuff.....

Plus side people will buy more Cartel Items to sell on the GTN which means cheaper GTN prices for Cartel stuff since there will be more competition
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

MariaD
02.17.2013 , 04:59 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Osryri View Post
maybe you're to incompetent to read what I said. I lost more credits then I made today by simply having a few wipes in a flashpoint. That means I completely wasted all my time doing the few dailies I did. I don't enjoy seeing negative results for my efforts.
The results of playing the game is enjoyment. It's not credits. There are some sources and sinks of credits in the game. Overall, the goal is to balance sources and sinks. I view raids and flashpoints, largely, as sinks. By the time they become sources, they are too boring (for me) to run.
Quicker
Easier
More seductive