Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Bioware, when can we get a word on player housing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware, when can we get a word on player housing?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Infernixx's Avatar


Infernixx
03.06.2013 , 05:04 PM | #261
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey ISDcaptain,

I forwarded this along to our Lead Designer, Damion Schubert, and this is our current statement on Player Housing:

Were not saying never, but its not on our immediate roadmap. If we were to expand on this in some direction, we would first focus on improving the degree that players can customize their ship interiors, but even that feature is a ways down the road.
This makes me happy. While I would have hoped that it would be 'soon', I'm still pleased that they're taking it in the direction of the ship and not a home on some world. I want to see trophies and mementos of my victories, whether is carbonite-frozen enemies on my BH ship, or the lightsabers of conquered Jedi on my Inquisitor's ship.

Kelbun's Avatar


Kelbun
03.06.2013 , 05:18 PM | #262
Quote: Originally Posted by ISDcaptain View Post
An official statement would be nice. Is it in the future of this game (please tell me it is)?
Its your ship. This is WoW, you want a house, go play sims.

theUndead's Avatar


theUndead
03.06.2013 , 05:31 PM | #263
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Absolutely NOT what I wanted to hear Courtney...but knowing that this isn't on your list of things to come, is good to know. Again, I'd so much rather have honesty than silence. THANK YOU!

That being said...you guys are making a HUGE mistake...it's by far one of the most engaging things you can add to an MMO. It gives players a connection to the world that simply playing it never could. I hope you revisit the idea soon'ish.
I'm sorry but I disagree. Player housing to me would be a waist simply because it would require effort to design as well as major adjustments to quest areas and pvp areas. Also it must be said that because of the limiting aspects of the worlds I do not see them being viable simply because that would require a re design of the worlds into a sandbox and that simply won't happen. However, all of what you said is true if it were applied to our ships because to me that has more of a connection than a house.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
For free stuff and coins including a one time character transfer.
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth-Obvious's Avatar


Darth-Obvious
03.06.2013 , 05:48 PM | #264
Quote: Originally Posted by falcon_Xtreme View Post
even an SWG type of customization for ships would be awesome, let me give u a example... like the look of the armor you are wearing? np.. drop it on the ground. /move forward 100.... /move up 100.. /move right 20... BAM armor suit on the wall! like collecting fluff?, or all the weapons you collected and liked the look of... your first colour crystals? up on the walls and roofs too! however you want them to be, some people... myself included. enjoy this type of immersion. if you dont like it you dont have to take part. how are ideas like this bad?
See now that type of thing could work, ie things on the walls as it wouldn't/shouldn't conflict with the companion scripting/movement in cutscenes. The only place it would be a problem are in areas where companions lean up against the wall, and there probably aren't a ton of instances of that in/on certain places in your ship.

Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
And there you have it.

IF this ever gets done, redecorating the inside of ships COMES FIRST.
But you're still never going to be able to decorate it in the sense of putting something like a table somewhere it wasn't before or anything like that because it would interfere with the way the ship cutscenes are scripted.

LadyDrusilla's Avatar


LadyDrusilla
03.06.2013 , 05:51 PM | #265
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey ISDcaptain,

I forwarded this along to our Lead Designer, Damion Schubert, and this is our current statement on Player Housing:

Were not saying never, but its not on our immediate roadmap. If we were to expand on this in some direction, we would first focus on improving the degree that players can customize their ship interiors, but even that feature is a ways down the road.
I'm happy with that, thank you for the response.

Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Absolutely NOT what I wanted to hear Courtney...but knowing that this isn't on your list of things to come, is good to know. Again, I'd so much rather have honesty than silence. THANK YOU!

That being said...you guys are making a HUGE mistake...it's by far one of the most engaging things you can add to an MMO. It gives players a connection to the world that simply playing it never could. I hope you revisit the idea soon'ish.
To be fair we do not have any idea to what extent that customisation could take. If it is just changing colours and perhaps textures it would be somewhat disappointing. If it includes adding furniture and cosmetic things like trophies and the like it could be very satisfying indeed. Making it feel like your ship and not just one of a tens of thousands of identical ships would be a big boost to immersion and also forge a connection.
This blonde loves her Hutts, the bigger, the better.

Stoicraven's Avatar


Stoicraven
03.06.2013 , 05:56 PM | #266
I'd say overall customization is important and not just for ships and/or houses which may be or may not be added later. There is much to be desired when it comes to gear and it's rather............sameness and lack of color options. More customizable options is better. So imo they should start at the gear and go from there.

ISDcaptain's Avatar


ISDcaptain
03.06.2013 , 06:00 PM | #267
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey ISDcaptain,

I forwarded this along to our Lead Designer, Damion Schubert, and this is our current statement on Player Housing:

Were not saying never, but its not on our immediate roadmap. If we were to expand on this in some direction, we would first focus on improving the degree that players can customize their ship interiors, but even that feature is a ways down the road.
TY Bioware. Atleast now I know your not oblivious to the idea, unlike some other players here.

Beaunidle's Avatar


Beaunidle
03.06.2013 , 06:07 PM | #268
Quote: Originally Posted by ISDcaptain View Post
Then this game is a failure as an MMO
Hogwash, many MMO's lack player housing.
Personally I have no desire to have it even if there was a suitable location and there isn't. We all have personal starships which if you must obsess about housing you could call a house of sorts that fits the context of the game.

chuixupu's Avatar


chuixupu
03.06.2013 , 07:19 PM | #269
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
>- and you're shack is gone with the rest of the planet ('Cause it can't take off and jump to hyperspace).
Just don't build it on Alderaan. It won't last beyond 3k years!
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Marshal_Ney's Avatar


Marshal_Ney
03.06.2013 , 07:24 PM | #270
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey ISDcaptain,

I forwarded this along to our Lead Designer, Damion Schubert, and this is our current statement on Player Housing:

Were not saying never, but its not on our immediate roadmap. If we were to expand on this in some direction, we would first focus on improving the degree that players can customize their ship interiors, but even that feature is a ways down the road.
Now this is good,i would love to custumize my own ship,it`s nice to see that BioWare it`s starting to comunicate more with us,thank you for the information Courntey
I'm not a prophet or a stone age man,Just a mortal
with the potential of a superman,I'm living on"