Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware, when can we get a word on player housing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware, when can we get a word on player housing?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Elear
03.06.2013 , 04:20 PM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
Its a polite way of saying "never say never, but this is as close to never as I can get".
More like "it's not against our game design, but it's nowhere near things we actually want to do".

Lent_San
03.06.2013 , 04:20 PM | #252
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusheart View Post
Your ship is your house. and you should be great full it was free too. Wanna buy a house? with the game-economy that will be a 10million credit down payment, if you want a door, thats another 80k.
My ship is my ship. It takes me from A to B. My house is something on the ground, with walls and cool stuff and windows, in close proximity to other houses.

Totally different thing.

And by the time we get it, I'm sure I can afford it.

ZionHalcyon
03.06.2013 , 04:21 PM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by Elear View Post
More like "it's not against our game design, but it's nowhere near things we actually want to do".
pretty much.

Its never going to happen. the denial is hilarious.

TUXs
03.06.2013 , 04:29 PM | #254
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey ISDcaptain,

I forwarded this along to our Lead Designer, Damion Schubert, and this is our current statement on Player Housing:

Were not saying never, but its not on our immediate roadmap. If we were to expand on this in some direction, we would first focus on improving the degree that players can customize their ship interiors, but even that feature is a ways down the road.
Absolutely NOT what I wanted to hear Courtney...but knowing that this isn't on your list of things to come, is good to know. Again, I'd so much rather have honesty than silence. THANK YOU!

That being said...you guys are making a HUGE mistake...it's by far one of the most engaging things you can add to an MMO. It gives players a connection to the world that simply playing it never could. I hope you revisit the idea soon'ish.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

chuixupu
03.06.2013 , 04:38 PM | #255
We all have our opinions, but personally, like I have said before somewhere, I think focusing on player housing would be a mistake. Most people will tell you they hated it when the worlds seemed empty, when the fleet was empty. So, everyone hanging out in player housing....yeah, seems like a bad idea to me.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Lent_San
03.06.2013 , 04:42 PM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
pretty much.
Its never going to happen. the denial is hilarious.
No worries. Keeping my money I'd otherwise invest in housing to myself then. BTW, your definition of 'not on our list of things right now" is hilarious indeed.

Aelther
03.06.2013 , 04:49 PM | #257
If we were to expand on this in some direction, we would first focus on improving the degree that players can customize their ship interiors
That's great! I love ships. Who needs some old stationary shack on some random planet on the edge of the galaxy.

Lent_San
03.06.2013 , 04:54 PM | #258
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
That's great! I love ships. Who needs some old stationary shack on some random planet on the edge of the galaxy.
*raises hand*

Aelther
03.06.2013 , 05:01 PM | #259
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
*raises hand*
>- and you're shack is gone with the rest of the planet ('Cause it can't take off and jump to hyperspace).

SWGEvictee
03.06.2013 , 05:02 PM | #260
Hey ISDcaptain,

I forwarded this along to our Lead Designer, Damion Schubert, and this is our current statement on Player Housing:

Were not saying never, but its not on our immediate roadmap. If we were to expand on this in some direction, we would first focus on improving the degree that players can customize their ship interiors, but even that feature is a ways down the road.
Like others its not the answer I would have preferred but it doesn't surprise me either.

Thank you for the reply.