Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Test of Repair Costs


Feztonio's Avatar


Feztonio
02.16.2013 , 12:55 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lafay View Post
Yea seriously, I have a lv 25 bountyhunter with legacy gear full augments...
lose 40 durability = lose 10K

How does BW expect a lv 25 to come up with that kind of credit income.

easy this is what bioware expects / wants to occur:
1. buy their cartel coins.
2. purchase cartel packs.
3. wait the day and a half for them to unbind
4. sell cartel coins on GTN to make credits
5. use credits to finance your repairs.

they in effect hope to become the credit sellers.
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

Lafay's Avatar


Lafay
02.16.2013 , 01:13 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Feztonio View Post
easy this is what bioware expects / wants to occur:
1. buy their cartel coins.
2. purchase cartel packs.
3. wait the day and a half for them to unbind
4. sell cartel coins on GTN to make credits
5. use credits to finance your repairs.

they in effect hope to become the credit sellers.
Ya know, I think your sarcasm is in reality, truth.

BW needs to act fast, I havent seen 70 page threads pop up so fast in my life. Not only that, they will need to publicly apoligize for their blatent error, or the people that canceled their subs are not going to re-sub. I am not canceling mine cause i just plain love Star Wars IP but I would rather they keep a larger playerbase for me to sink my lighsabers into.

Akomo's Avatar


Akomo
02.16.2013 , 01:25 AM | #13
And the point of this test is...? Repair costs are never an issue since Bioware can see how much people are earning doing various activities if they want to.

PvP ? never pay a repair cost.Wipe 10 times on the same boss? Youll pay for it heavily.In general i give pugs about 3 chances to get a boss down.If not, im usually done since ive got other stuff i can do.Either way, ive NEVER and i mean NEVER been broke in this game.My idea of broke is dropping below 100k.

Ive poured millions of credits into our guild bank for tabs since i use it the most.My guild has me to thank for that.Ive modded battlemaster, WH,EWH ,and two raid sets on my own using credits ive earned in game AND pulled all the mods out.Ive crafted augment kits AND the augments themselves placing them and pulling them out constantly.

Not once have repairs been an issue.Ive given guildies thousands if not millions of credits for repairs, items they wanted or mods and repair cost was NEVER an issue.

So i fail to sympathize.I work a full time job ,and have a life outside the game as well (shock and awe! )

Have a great day!

P.S. As of this posting i just bought my fifth cargo hold for 2 million credits...just saying!
Super Muppet Extraordinaire!

Vandicus's Avatar


Vandicus
02.16.2013 , 01:27 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Lafay View Post
Yea seriously, I have a lv 25 bountyhunter with legacy gear full augments...
lose 40 durability = lose 10K

How does BW expect a lv 25 to come up with that kind of credit income.
Which suggests a bug. My level 36 sniper dies and pays only 1k in repair costs(I did do a specific test run for this). One possible bug I've heard is that it appears using remodded purples causes a cost to be charged twice.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Totaltrash's Avatar


Totaltrash
02.16.2013 , 01:39 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Akomo View Post
And the point of this test is...? <snip>!
As you can imagine, this test costs me about 100K in mod-swapping. I can afford that and I could afford these new repair costs too, but many people cannot, especially not fresh 50's in Tionese with no alts. If Bioware does not change this, it will be detrimental to the game.

But regardless how you feel about the costs, the point of this test was to show that Bioware's claim in the patch notes is plainly false! I don't know about you, but I do not enjoy being lied to when I pay for something.

deltadt's Avatar


deltadt
02.16.2013 , 02:03 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post
As you can imagine, this test costs me about 100K in mod-swapping. I can afford that and I could afford these new repair costs too, but many people cannot, especially not fresh 50's in Tionese with no alts. If Bioware does not change this, it will be detrimental to the game.

But regardless how you feel about the costs, the point of this test was to show that Bioware's claim in the patch notes is plainly false! I don't know about you, but I do not enjoy being lied to when I pay for something.
good post. with the repair costs being so high if you only have one 50 it's going to be a nightmare and you might want to make an alt after a week or two at being at 50 and then you want your 50 to support you low level alt by sending credits to the alt for training and some legacy things and money to buy speeders and medpacks and some gear from vendors. the high repair costs now make doing that a real problem.

Aries_cz's Avatar


Aries_cz
02.16.2013 , 02:05 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Lafay View Post
Yea seriously, I have a lv 25 bountyhunter with legacy gear full augments...
lose 40 durability = lose 10K

How does BW expect a lv 25 to come up with that kind of credit income.
And how often do you lose 40 durability on low levels? Once per 3 levels? If you tell me you are unable to get 10k at level 25 during 3 levels, then you are probably doing something wrong. And also, it seems that you have cash to spare, as full legacy augmented gear is not cheap.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

Oggthebase's Avatar


Oggthebase
02.16.2013 , 02:53 AM | #18
thank you for the test.

There are still Eaware drones in this thread but the fact is that you did a proper test and it just proves that EAware is either just straight out lying to its user base or utterly incompetent. Two downtimes this week, plus one cancelled at the last minute, plus another planned for a saturday prime time evening in Europe.

grombrinda's Avatar


grombrinda
02.16.2013 , 04:21 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Akomo View Post
And the point of this test is...? Repair costs are never an issue since Bioware can see how much people are earning doing various activities if they want to.

PvP ? never pay a repair cost.Wipe 10 times on the same boss? Youll pay for it heavily.In general i give pugs about 3 chances to get a boss down.If not, im usually done since ive got other stuff i can do.Either way, ive NEVER and i mean NEVER been broke in this game.My idea of broke is dropping below 100k.

Ive poured millions of credits into our guild bank for tabs since i use it the most.My guild has me to thank for that.Ive modded battlemaster, WH,EWH ,and two raid sets on my own using credits ive earned in game AND pulled all the mods out.Ive crafted augment kits AND the augments themselves placing them and pulling them out constantly.

Not once have repairs been an issue.Ive given guildies thousands if not millions of credits for repairs, items they wanted or mods and repair cost was NEVER an issue.

So i fail to sympathize.I work a full time job ,and have a life outside the game as well (shock and awe! )

Have a great day!

P.S. As of this posting i just bought my fifth cargo hold for 2 million credits...just saying!
Why you pay 2 mill for 5th cargo hold when they sell on gtn for 150k??
You know that just makes you look financially irresponsible...right??!!!! Just saying
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!

KyaniteD's Avatar


KyaniteD
02.16.2013 , 04:31 AM | #20
I suspected that "any enhancements" in the patch notes actually meant "any item modifications"...
Harm no one's internal, invisible integrities. Leave others the privacies of their minds and lives. (Surak) Don't think twice before you listen to your heart, follow the trace for a new start. [...] In the eye of storm you'll see a lonely dove - the experience of survival is the key to the gravity of love. (Enigma)