Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild tax for the guild bank..

MajikMyst
02.15.2013 , 03:34 PM | #1
Please setup a mechanic so that the game generates an additional % of credits and deposits them into the guild bank as guild members play the game and earn credits..

Example..

Player completes quest and earns 100 credits.. The game will generate an additional 5 credits to deposit in the guild bank under players name.. Assuming the % is set to 5%..

That way players don't lose money and the the guild bank gets a little money on the side..

This will help guilds in so many ways.. Purchasing bank tabs.. Using the guild bank for repairs.. Purchasing mats on the GTN for guildies.. It also solves the problem of getting people to donate to the guild bank..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

MajikMyst
02.16.2013 , 05:46 AM | #2
Wow?? Really?? Nobody like this idea???

DarthZak
02.16.2013 , 07:23 AM | #3
A taxing system would be great but not as you mentioned 100 credits + tax
Instead it should be 100 credits - tax since its a deduction. This also gives a new incentive for guilds to be active about their finances and adds an interesting spectrum
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

MajikMyst
02.16.2013 , 09:25 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthZak View Post
A taxing system would be great but not as you mentioned 100 credits + tax
Instead it should be 100 credits - tax since its a deduction. This also gives a new incentive for guilds to be active about their finances and adds an interesting spectrum
Do you really think people would go for actually being forced to pay a tax??? Come on?? The only way it would work is if it was game generated and at no real cost to the player.. Especially with repair costs the way they are?? Using their money to buy mats for 63 gear.. Sorry.. I just don't think an out right tax would work...

DarthZak
02.16.2013 , 09:44 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
Do you really think people would go for actually being forced to pay a tax??? Come on?? The only way it would work is if it was game generated and at no real cost to the player.. Especially with repair costs the way they are?? Using their money to buy mats for 63 gear.. Sorry.. I just don't think an out right tax would work...
Thats why Im saying itll add an interesting spectrum, how will guilds implement this? Guilds should be allowed to change the taxrate to their own desire of course so that people who use repair funds dont do so by freeloading off others and a 5% rate is very little, I doubt anyone will miss it
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

bohleyc
02.16.2013 , 09:51 AM | #6
I agree with darthzax if the tax came from midair it would inflate the game currency.so we need a straight out tax so it wont damage the economy.

TW-Cool
02.16.2013 , 10:14 AM | #7
If they dont change the repair costs... then I like your idea of EA paying the tax to the guild bank.
If they lower repair costs back down, then I'd think the player can afford to pay a tax to the guild bank.

planet_J
02.16.2013 , 11:45 AM | #8
In CoH SuperGroup mode did exactly this, and diverted X% preset in the game to the SuperGroup for funding. People would do it...
Republic Paragons/Paragons of the Empire:
http://republicparagons.guildlaunch.com
To contact in game find Hagimond or Zutharan Republic side for Imperial Side contact Gyrok or Peregrin-Noir

genecor
02.16.2013 , 05:17 PM | #9
Yes, this makes a sound idea to generate income for guilds..

MajikMyst
02.17.2013 , 06:02 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthZak View Post
Thats why Im saying itll add an interesting spectrum, how will guilds implement this? Guilds should be allowed to change the taxrate to their own desire of course so that people who use repair funds dont do so by freeloading off others and a 5% rate is very little, I doubt anyone will miss it
The other issue is, guilds may start little mini wars with this tax thing.. People may start looking for the guild that charges the least amount of tax.. Which in my opinion is not a good dynamic.. Not every one does dailies, not everyone sells tons of stuff on the GTN.. Some people can barely afford to pay their own repair costs.. It would still end up that a few players are paying for the repair costs of the many..

With the game generating the money, it doesn't make much difference.. The tax rate would be set globally by the game, so there is no competition.. Players that do their dailies and sell tons of stuff aren't burdoned with the players that don't.. It is just a win win all the way around to simply have the game generate it..

With all the threads about repair costs, you know that Bioware setting a global player paid tax level for all guilds.. Would do nothing but prompt more complaints that the tax is to high or why they are paying it in the first place.. Some folks may opt to not be in a guild to avoid the tax, which is not good for guilds.. Sorry.. I still feel that game generated is the only way to go..