Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ship Customization

Swgimp
02.14.2013 , 10:38 AM | #1
Different Furniture
Different Wall Colors
New Furniture Themes (You have thousands of pieces in the game already - Get off your butts and stick em in the ship - If I can do it with old Maya software on a crappy project, you can do it with your million dollar office (Tatooine - Corellia - Voss - Etc Etc)
Lighting Options (Gloomy - Bright - Dark - Rainbow)
Interactive or Non-Interactive NPC's (Critters - Insects - Pests)
Free Roaming Companions (Having them actually do things (Purely aesthetic - Think using a datapad "analyzing" the cockpit systems - Cleaning - Random chit chat)
Ship System for Vanity Pets - So they can frolic about
Armor mannequins / Weapon Holders (Plaques/ Racks) - Show off that gear!
Jukebox - Nuff Said

The argument that some of these things can't be implemented because of cut-scenes is ridiculous. We have cut-scenes everywhere, and I don't see a billion other people on the same person in my cinematic. Of the dozen or that happen over your storyline inside the ship, phasing out your background happens anyway and when you're done with storyline, it doesn't really matter.

The argument that this breaks immersion is also invalid. Did I just see 4 other Elara Dornes? Impossible.

Opinions welcome. These are just mine.
Trayus - Imperial Operative
-Proud Member of Squadron 367-

Nichos_Ketra
02.14.2013 , 11:11 AM | #2
You know, what about customizing the *outside* of ships? This is something that keeps being passed over whenever people bring up the subject of starship customization, but is an important aspect of letting a player personalize their character's starship.

There were even in-game screenshots depicting several vessels of the same class with different paint colors and patterns on them, prior to release, so it's definitely possible. I know I would pay for Cartel Coins to buy paint kits or even pattern kits to change how my characters' ships look on the outside.

However, I agree, it should be possible to at least allow SOME customization on the inside of player starships.

herold
02.14.2013 , 04:40 PM | #3
/sign
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

zerorsw
02.14.2013 , 05:19 PM | #4
I feel like the inside of the ships should be a little more modular. Giving us some options for customization in the various areas of the ship. Also having various fixed alternate locations for your companions to be switched to would be nice.
Ze'ro Gravity

KimbriOnasi
02.15.2013 , 08:15 AM | #5
I think that BioWare could really use the interior customization to their benefit--think of all the cartel coins that player would be willing to spend on making the interior of the ship more like home.
Many MMO's have housing and many RPG's (like Fallout 3 and even Mass Effect 2&3) have customization of your "home." The ship would be an easy way to implement that idea. I would like the ability to display little items collected on planets on shelves/trophy cases/cabinets on my ship (ala Fallout 3).

Also, the ability to have an apartment on the capital city would be a very nice option for people to buy and unlock for their characters, as well as all the interior decorating that could be done.

And PLEASE move the toons' spouse into their quarters. It seems silly that Vector and Torian still hang out in the cargo holds.

althene
02.15.2013 , 12:47 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by KimbriOnasi View Post

Also, the ability to have an apartment on the capital city would be a very nice option for people to buy and unlock for their characters, as well as all the interior decorating that could be done.
Who wants a dingy apartment on the capital world when you can live in a space ship. I mean, come on. How p*mp is that? It's like a bad*ss RV. But with lasers and missiles. Let me customize that bad boy and it would have a disco ball and shag carpeting. Totally better than payin some fat twi'lek with grease stains on his wifebeater every month so I can live in a hole with leaky pipes and paper thin walls.

MaximusRex
02.15.2013 , 01:38 PM | #7
I'd like to see them revamp ship interiors, most are missing things, like crew bunks on the Jedi ships, a galley, locker room, meditation room, training room, and vehicle garage. They should have looked more to other great bioware ships like the Ebonhawk and the Normandy for inspiration for amenities for a space ship, instead of making it a huge holobooth.

They made ships to be nothing more then a stage for the holoterminal, it takes a massive amount of space and for what? I almost wish they had just used the conference room for the holoterminal and made better use of the rest of the space.

lucotas
02.15.2013 , 06:52 PM | #8
i agree!!!!!!!!!!
Working on my english.
PLEASE SUPORT THIS THREAD ABOUT ANIMAL MOUNTS!
Animal Mounts in the cartel market

markcymru
02.15.2013 , 08:30 PM | #9
While we’re about it, let’s have cats for our ships! Proper moggies, who walk around with their tails in the air and come running when they hear the sound of a can-opener. Cat furniture for them to climb on and sleep in. And comfy easy chairs for them to curl up on when you’re away from the ship.

I wouldn’t mind having some art too. Paintings. Sculpture. Woven wall hangings. Tapestry. These ships are our homes, damn it! Not all of us are a bunch of guys who think a flat with mattresses on the floor and left-over pizza in the fridge is the height of domesticity.
Elizabeth Warren for President !

genecor
02.16.2013 , 03:23 AM | #10
I would second the notion of Ship customisation.. both interior and exterior!