How about we make this a pvp server.

Griftter

I have zero problem with killing and getting killed in that zone or anywhere on this rp-PVP server

BUT, I do have issues when multiple groups from same guild or just same faction camping pylon for the sake of killing people - if you have killed the same group of people 3 times you proven your ego. killing them another dozen times gains you zero and just annoys the rest of us.

I will admit ive stirred up trouble at mid particularly on my imp but I do it once then go cuase trouble to other people in some other area - not the same people over and over

A flaw in the community, or a flaw in the event, or both. Reason why people get in line because they see no point in attacking each other, the only point is for the quests to take longer to complete.

That's actually true. It brings up it's own set of problems, but if kills actually yielded warzone comms in the southern zone we'd see a lot more fighting.

But of course if that were true then there would be people there the whole day camping the node king of the hill style and no one else would be able to complete their PvP dailies.

The PVP portion of the event is horrendously designed.

1. No incentive or reward for pvping.

2. No incentive for your group/guild/faction for controlling it.

Other then, of course, the experience of doing so.

That's enough for True fans of player-versus-player content. They don't need a carrot to run. They just like running.

Jen'jidai will be securing Illum sometime soon, any republic forces will be killed on sight, any citizens of the empire seen assisting the republic scum will also be killed on sight.

((Lets hope some republic guilds keep stepping up and fighting against us, we have had a lot of fun fighting against some republic guilds over the past few days, looking forward to more open world pvp. :D))

Jen'jidai will be securing Illum sometime soon, any republic forces will be killed on sight, any citizens of the empire seen assisting the republic scum will also be killed on sight.

((Lets hope some republic guilds keep stepping up and fighting against us, we have had a lot of fun fighting against some republic guilds over the past few days, looking forward to more open world pvp. :D))

Thats right, start up some trouble :p.

Will relay this to higher ;)

While we were there the other day, we camped the pylon so we could kill people who griefed the line. Because we're carebear like that.

But let's not kid ourselves. If no one were griefing the line, we'd have gotten bored of it in 10 minutes. PvP is where you find it.

Doesnt mean you should camp there and troll.. sorry if i'm wrong but that does seem to fit the troll list. but it is a PvP server. So i guess thats ok for the right circumstances:cool:

Good, start some trouble on ilum

Doesnt mean you should camp there and troll.. sorry if i'm wrong but that does seem to fit the troll list. but it is a PvP server. So i guess thats ok for the right circumstances:cool:

Not sure what you mean by troll. But guarding the line against people trying to grief it is almost the opposite of trolling. Unless you just totally misunderstood what I said or I'm totally misunderstanding what you are saying.

My point was that despite the fact we were anti-trolling. If people weren't trolling we would've got bored in minutes and left.

So a whole can't have good without evil, shadows without light, etc etc etc etc.

Edited by AliciaDeLories

Other then, of course, the experience of doing so.

That's enough for True fans of player-versus-player content. They don't need a carrot to run. They just like running.

I agree, but unfortunately not a lot of people have the same mindset, which means the people available in the zone to PVP against will dwindle to nothing very quickly. :mad:

The PVP portion of the event is horrendously designed.

1. No incentive or reward for pvping.

2. No incentive for your group/guild/faction for controlling it.

Did it take you all of a year to figure this one out?

EDIT: You can extrapolate this to WPVP in general. It doesn't take an event to show it.

Edited by Gritfiend

Will relay this to higher ;)

I assume that this was done, considering the last thing I saw when stepping off the Ilum Space Station transport last night was Neves in my face and then the option to rez. And my only thought, "Neves, no, I thought we had something special...." :p

I assume that this was done, considering the last thing I saw when stepping off the Ilum Space Station transport last night was Neves in my face and then the option to rez. And my only thought, "Neves, no, I thought we had something special...." :p

Hahahaha, yeah we decided to raid the imp base... and more importantly the bar. Seems not many people took to liking that, but they were still fun fights to be had.

Aww you always have a special place in my heart :p lol