Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Eldrenath
02.27.2013 , 11:34 AM | #1241
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Hi everyone! I just wanted to come in and discuss the two updates we did to repair costs with today's patch. These can both be found in the patch notes.

First, this update changed the way that repair costs are calculated for all modifiable gear. This update will definitely reduce repair costs that were increased with Game Update 1.7:
  • Repair costs for modifiable gear will now calculate based only on the equipped mods.
In addition to this, we have made a temporary reduction across the board for repair costs. This reduction has been done to thank all of you for your patience as we worked on this situation.
  • All repair costs have been reduced by 50% until Game Update 2.0.

It should be noted that after Game Update 2.0 repair costs will change again as we remove the 50% discount, but the change to modifiable gear calculations will remain. (To be clear, this means that after 2.0, repair costs will still be significantly lower than after Game Update 1.7.)

I had been very unhappy with the increase in repair costs from 1.7. This is a good resolution, and I am a happy customer about this.

LetoAtreidesII
02.27.2013 , 12:30 PM | #1242
Hi everyone! I just wanted to come in and discuss the two updates we did to repair costs with today's patch. These can both be found in the patch notes.

First, this update changed the way that repair costs are calculated for all modifiable gear. This update will definitely reduce repair costs that were increased with Game Update 1.7:
  • Repair costs for modifiable gear will now calculate based only on the equipped mods.
In addition to this, we have made a temporary reduction across the board for repair costs. This reduction has been done to thank all of you for your patience as we worked on this situation.

It should be noted that after Game Update 2.0 repair costs will change again as we remove the 50% discount, but the change to modifiable gear calculations will remain. (To be clear, this means that after 2.0, repair costs will still be significantly lower than after Game Update 1.7.)

Personally I'm ambivalent about repair costs either way, though I feel for others who feel the pinch of high repair costs. The first mod calculation change is good, but I fail to see why the second temporary 50% reduction was implemented. Once people get used to this temporary discount they will not be happy when it's removed in 2.0. It should either be made permanent or removed immediately.

snowyv
02.27.2013 , 12:40 PM | #1243

Thank you!

irishfino
02.27.2013 , 12:57 PM | #1244
Has anyone tested the new cost?
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

DarthTHC
02.27.2013 , 01:02 PM | #1245
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
Has anyone tested the new cost?
I'm wearing a million-credit vendor-purchased gear shell with level-appropriate components (no augments). Prices seem to be less than half what they were when 1.7 hit. I haven't done apples-to-apples yet though.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

irishfino
02.27.2013 , 01:14 PM | #1246
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
I'm wearing a million-credit vendor-purchased gear shell with level-appropriate components (no augments). Prices seem to be less than half what they were when 1.7 hit. I haven't done apples-to-apples yet though.
Do you plan to? If so, will you post the results?
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Arlon_Nabarlly
02.27.2013 , 01:33 PM | #1247
Quote: Originally Posted by LetoAtreidesII View Post
Personally I'm ambivalent about repair costs either way, though I feel for others who feel the pinch of high repair costs. The first mod calculation change is good, but I fail to see why the second temporary 50% reduction was implemented. Once people get used to this temporary discount they will not be happy when it's removed in 2.0. It should either be made permanent or removed immediately.
This crossed my mind as well, however I think the reduction is the correct thing to do.

Why the reduction: They costed everyone a lot of credits during a time frame and they are trying to allow them a chance to recoop some of their losses.

Forum reaction: Will people qq when prices go up, probably, but you could give everyone of the forums a free pizza and a very vocal minority would find some reason to qq about it.

DarthTHC
02.28.2013 , 09:21 AM | #1248
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
Do you plan to? If so, will you post the results?
I'll probably never be able to do apples-to-apples. My character with the expensive gear was level 29 when 1.7 rolled out and is 44 now. The pieces & parts inside that expensive armor are higher level and thus more valuable now than they were then.

However, if the cost is really not using the value of the shell, that should still be pretty evident next time I die... if I die... it doesn't happen often.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

translucentwolf
02.28.2013 , 09:27 AM | #1249
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
This crossed my mind as well, however I think the reduction is the correct thing to do.

Why the reduction: They costed everyone a lot of credits during a time frame and they are trying to allow them a chance to recoop some of their losses.

Forum reaction: Will people qq when prices go up, probably, but you could give everyone of the forums a free pizza and a very vocal minority would find some reason to qq about it.
What? Just a free pizza? But. but. I don't *like* pizza. What about meeeeeeee....

/sarcasm

I do expect to hear a bunch of 'my repairs went up 100%!!!' when 2.0 is released. Hopefully, the mods will just close and remove those threads immediately.
That which does not kill you merely postpones the inevitable.

Mercurial_Harpy
02.28.2013 , 09:39 AM | #1250
I have not tested this on my lvl 50s; haven't been raiding with them until this bug was resolved. However on my 37 Marauder, repair costs were running between 1k-3.7k on Monday for questing damage and maybe 1 death per 4 hour period.

Yesterday I didn't quite pay 300 credits for repair, so that's a significant change.

Yay.
~The Argost Legacy~

~Jedi Covenant~