Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dainter
02.20.2013 , 01:27 PM | #1201
schools too. so the one person on the development team probably had to stay home with their daughter that day.

glomeo
02.20.2013 , 01:31 PM | #1202
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that this resolution alleviates the repair costs concerns. Thanks again for your patience.
Aren't you concerned that the ping-pong effect of repeated changes to repair costs are going to leave a bad impression for players? When your 50% discount goes away, repair costs will once again seem unreasonably high, likely prompting more complaints. It'd be better to reduce them to a new, permanently acceptable level, and be done with the matter.

gamorrean
02.20.2013 , 01:41 PM | #1203
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback on the changes to repair costs introduced with Game Update 1.7. Upon review, we agree with you that repair costs did become too high with this latest Game Update. To that end, we will be making a change to how these repair costs are calculated, starting with our next scheduled maintenance. Repair costs will now be calculated based on the combined value of all the mods installed in the shell, excluding the value of the shell itself. Players will see a noticeable reduction immediately after the change goes in.

Additionally, we’d like to apologize for the inconvenience that we introduced.

As a thank you for your patience during this time, we will also be reducing ALL repair costs by 50% once the aforementioned change goes in with the next scheduled maintenance. This will last all the way through until early access to Rise of the Hutt Cartel launches.

Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that this resolution alleviates the repair costs concerns. Thanks again for your patience.

now i will be re subbing
A smart man knows what to say, a truly wise man knows when to say it.

Akomo
02.20.2013 , 01:51 PM | #1204
The magic number-

With adaptive armor my repair cost 8265 credits with one death in Section X.My earnings in that area until said death was 45000 credits and i didnt even turn in missions i had completed up until that point.

I was a reckless and aggroed everything.In other words tried to die while killing stuff.That ratio is 4 to 1.

if you cant afford the repair bill then your dying more often than your playing.

Nuff said.

P.S. Oh yes last night did a 16 man raid ,wiped once repair cost was 26k including all the deaths from the previous hour which to mobs was 2 times.Made 100k so again 4 to 1 .
Super Muppet Extraordinaire!

Lostpenguins
02.20.2013 , 02:10 PM | #1205
Quote: Originally Posted by Akomo View Post
The magic number-

With adaptive armor my repair cost 8265 credits with one death in Section X.My earnings in that area until said death was 45000 credits and i didnt even turn in missions i had completed up until that point.

I was a reckless and aggroed everything.In other words tried to die while killing stuff.That ratio is 4 to 1.

if you cant afford the repair bill then your dying more often than your playing.

Nuff said.

P.S. Oh yes last night did a 16 man raid ,wiped once repair cost was 26k including all the deaths from the previous hour which to mobs was 2 times.Made 100k so again 4 to 1 .
Your values don't make sense because you don't get more credits because you're killing mobs with better items on. My deaths cost me about 10k on a single wipe with basically no durability loss. So you can't factor it evenly like that.

And try doing NiM EC on progression when a silly rng item can wipe your raid... and see how much money you make from trash on that raid.

Basically... I have no idea what you're trying to say besides throwing out some numbers.

TUXs
02.20.2013 , 02:15 PM | #1206
Quote: Originally Posted by Akomo View Post
The magic number-

Nuff said.

We're all impressed with how awesome you are, but not everyone is as good as you are at video games, nor do all of us have the desire or the time to grind as much as you do.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

johnnyreece
02.20.2013 , 02:16 PM | #1207
Quote: Originally Posted by Dainter View Post
the way i read the posting you will have to wait until the next maintenance patch to get back to raiding. maybe that will be sooner rather than later. but if it is tuesday then no raiding this weekend for you.
That's how I read it, too. That gives plenty of time for my guildies to get through the Gree event, then get back to bidness!

Now that I think about it, if I put my tinfoil hat on, maybe they did this on purpose so people would be pushed toward the event instead of raiding?
Neldiahr, Sith Sorcerer Gibsenne, Imperial Operative
Neldienne, Powertech Smash'Kitteh, Meowauder

Osryri
02.20.2013 , 02:17 PM | #1208
Quote: Originally Posted by glomeo View Post
Aren't you concerned that the ping-pong effect of repeated changes to repair costs are going to leave a bad impression for players? When your 50% discount goes away, repair costs will once again seem unreasonably high, likely prompting more complaints. It'd be better to reduce them to a new, permanently acceptable level, and be done with the matter.
If they were concerned with what they did they wouldnt have lost 70% of the players.

Zataos
02.20.2013 , 02:28 PM | #1209
Quote: Originally Posted by Osryri View Post
If they were concerned with what they did they wouldnt have lost 70% of the players.
Truer words have never been written.
The Chaoticas Legacy -The Shadowlands Server - (40k kills)
(Havaos Jug 50) (Devaos Sorc 50) (Vorhen BH 50) (Venaos Sin 50) (Xaos BH 50) (Zorgen Jug 50) (Zataos Mara 50) (Gwaraos BH 50) (Xenaos Mara 42) (Tavaos Sin 50) (Jenaos Snip 41) (Scaraos Op 27) (Ravaos Jug 31) (Xinaos Sorc 32) (Dreadaos - Jug 22)

tdgesq
02.20.2013 , 02:32 PM | #1210
Quote: Originally Posted by glomeo View Post
There is a simple way to deal with that. Just explain what happened on the login screen, and make sure to specify that the additional 50% reduction is temporary move meant to compensate players who were penalized by additional repair costs. There is also reality that a 50% reduction is fairly marginal considering the comparatively large percentage impact many players experienced by tying the repair costs to the cost of the equipment shell.

Good job Bioware. You've done the right thing, and I will resub as a result. Simply this: Thank you.