Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wrapped In Darkness (OOC & Sign-Up)

Scutum
02.13.2013 , 04:56 PM | #1
{This is an idea I decided to throw down in honor of the recently released "Dead Space 3". It isn't going to include any zombies or necromorphs, but it will try to have a dark and grim storyline that invokes it and other series such as "28 Days Later". The plot summary is below, and the rp specifics will be at the bottom.}

WRAPPED IN DARKNESS:

The Imperial Army Biological Warfare Division has been hard at work since the beginning of the war with the Republic, creating weapons of possibly planet-wide destruction in the name of the emperor. When the Cold War began it gave them time to continue their research, led by the mad Sith Lord Infirmos, until they finally reached the apex of destructive capability with their newest creation; Formula X-28-C.

Known to the team as the "Madman Plague", it would turn the infected from an increasingly paranoid person into a raving lunatic with a desire only to kill a normal humanoid in a span of 12 hours. Able to infect from ingestion or a mingling of liquids, it was meant to be put in an enemy's drinking supply and allowed to destroy the local populous, allowing the Empire to show up, destroy the infected, and recolonize the planet. A strategy only a Sith could come up with...

Finished on a large research/prison vessel where prisoners were being used as test subjects, Lord Infirmos has ordered the ship to head towards Alderaan, in what would be the first testing of the virus on a planetary-wide scale. Unknown to almost everyone some of the guards and crew have become mysteriously infected, and the 12 hour mark has been reached. Just as the infected began attacking the rest of the crew, someone shut down most of the ship's power, opening all of the prison cells and making the escape pods useless until power can be restored.

Now the ship is in chaos, and only a small group of survivors will be able to uncover the reasons behind the incident, try to save Alderaan, and hopefully escape with their lives...
----------------------
This is a survival RP where only the most basic tools and weapons are available, and where clever thinking is the only thing that can save you. Any Republic characters will start in the prisons just as the cells open up and the riot starts, and any Imperial based characters will start off in their personal rooms.

Here are some of the rules of the RP:

1. There will only be about 4 or 5 open spots so that it is easier to manage, but if someone fails to post a response after two or three days their character will be killed off and their spot will become open to others.

2. I know this might make a few people not want to join up, but no one can be a force user. The plague turns them insane at an even quicker rate, and a few crazed captured-Jedi and Sith will be the big bosses of the RP.

3. Spelling and grammar are important so try to write accordingly, but I won't be a jerk about it if there are some errors and its able to be read. If it's too crazy I might ask you to make it more readable.

I'll post up my character sheet soon, but basically the sheet has to have the basics (physical description and a short bio). If there is something I need to know then I'll just ask, and if anyone needs to ask me anything just PM me. We can start once at least 3 of the spots are filled.

-------------
AS OF NOW THERE ARE NO MORE SPOTS, BUT THIS CAN CHANGE SO CHECK BACK AT A LATER TIME.
<--------------------------------------------------->
In my right arm I bear the shield,
With which I shall protect the republic.

Lucifersfinest
02.14.2013 , 07:55 PM | #2
I'll join! [to save time I'll post his character sheet,]
Species: Human.
Name: Zusat,
Last name: Artisan
Nick name: The kid,
Weapons: A blaster carbine when on watch, A Taser Stave when on guard duty,
Apperance: He has slicked back dark blonde hair, light blue eyes, and a scar under his lip,
Clothing/Armor: Standard issue Imperial trooper armor, [imagine the CE edition armor]
Personality: Dutiful to the empire, Very just, can be brash or cold towards prisoners when permitted, [during riots and such,]
Bio:
Born on Nar Shaddaa, He was no new comer to crime, he even worked for the hutts for awhile, protecting spice and slaves traffickers, until the empire found out about it, they learned the hutts were taking some of their income over the slaves, selling them for less, they sent out a squad to deal with the matter, they attacked the hutts palace first, ZUsat who was caught in the cross fire, was hit by a hutt cartel member, blinded by outrage he began to shoot the hutts men, after the battle, [or raid, which was sucsessful,] they took him in under their wing, he is usally sent on smaller tasks such as guard duty or protecting shipments,
"Inside of everyone huh? sounds a lot like Madness" - The Kinshin Asura,

jediashnoe
02.15.2013 , 09:46 AM | #3
Species/Race: Chiss (skin color: blue boardering on purple)
Name: Zellara
Last Name: Zara
Nickname: Zel
Code name: Cipher Ten
Place of Birth: Dromund Kaas
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 125
Hair Color/Style: Jet black hair, tied up in a loose, messy ponytail
Facial Appearance: Slightly bigger eyes and chubby cheeks with a button nose
Eye Color: Red
Body Appearance: Slim, fit, athletic
Allegiance: Empire
Profession: Imperial Agent, Cipher
Armor/Clothes: Rakata Set, has knives hidden almost everywhere around her body and under her clothes
Primary Weapon(s): Knives, lots and lots of knives
Secondary Weapon(s): Sniper rifle (slung around her shoulder), flash grenades, regular grenades, portable cover, small blaster pistol, smoke grenade, stealth generator
Personality: Zel is cold and cruel, willing to do anything to get the job done. She prefers to work alone but can get along with others if necessary. Even though she is young, she is wise beyond her years and carefully calculates every situation. Not only does she get the job done, she gets it done well. She has the generic Imperial accent, but her voice is a bit nasally and raspy.
Biography: (Shortened version to spare you all from paragraphs, upon paragraphs! ) Zellara was born into a family of people loyal to The Empire. Her father a Sith and her mother a Cipher agent like herself, it was an awkward situation growing up. When it was found that she was not force sensitive and her twin sister was, the father took her, and Zel was placed in the care of her mother. She has been trained in one on one combat since she was able to hold things, and has been forced from a young age to think everything through. When Zel turned fourteen, her mom began to take her on less dangerous missions with the approval of Keeper. Ever since those first few missions the two worked together all the time, sometimes along side Zel's twin sister, Sazla. That is, until the girls mom was killed off when she was on a top secret operation on Coruscant. Zellara was Nineteen years old at the time, and still remembers that day vividly. Her father rarely talks to her as he is busy with his Sith duties. They spoke briefly at the mothers funeral, but it was kept very professional and well, brief. Almost instantly after her moms death though, she was promoted to Cipher. Now, Zel roams the galaxy alone with her crew, doing jobs for Sith and Keeper.
Xam
The Tharl Legacy

Begeren Colony

Lucifersfinest
02.15.2013 , 09:00 PM | #4
I hadn't read that this was for dead space 3, Now I feel honored So, will we all start infected? I could see Zusat dying like the deputy did in the Crazies, walking in to the fire to cover the others escape.
"Inside of everyone huh? sounds a lot like Madness" - The Kinshin Asura,

Scutum
02.16.2013 , 11:15 AM | #5
Here's my char sheet

Species/Race: Human
Name: Zaltura Rux
Place of Birth: Corellia
Height: 5'11
Weight: 142 lbs
Hair Color/Style: Short red hair, unkept from his time in prison
Facial Appearance: a gaunt face, with an unshaven 5 o'clock shadow
Eye Color: dark green
Body Appearance: thin, and starting to lose his toned physique thanks to (once again) his time in prison

Allegiance: Republic
Profession: agent-in-training

Armor/Clothes: a white tank-top with orange pants (the usual prison uniform)
Primary Weapon(s): None
Secondary Weapon(s): None

Personality: A very down-to-earth person who prefers to keep to himself and sometimes lacks drive, but becomes very determined and ambitious when motivated to complete a task. Always loyal to the Republic, and caring enough to give aid to even his enemies.

Biography: Raised in a Republic orphanage, Zaltura immediately chose to sign up for the military as soon as he became of age, hoping for a life of excitement that he was denied growing up. Once enrolled, his ability to blend in and socialize with almost anybody made him a natural candidate for the Republic's Agent program, but right before he graduated the empire found their training facility and attacked it, taking many of them prisoner and sending them to the infamous prison ship to be used in experiments.

----------------------
We don't start infected (unless you want to be lol), but there will be many situations where quick thinking is the only thing that will save you from death or infection. If you want to go out like a boss in that manner then sure

If we one or two more peeps we can start up our little carnival of horrors!

Bird_of_Thunder
02.16.2013 , 02:07 PM | #6
seems a bit constricted to a point, so i think ill skip out on this one.
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

Scutum
02.16.2013 , 09:08 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Bird_of_Thunder View Post
seems a bit constricted to a point, so i think ill skip out on this one.
If you tell me why you think so then maybe I can change things around to make you reconsider.

legolegion
02.17.2013 , 07:01 AM | #8
Species/Race: Human
Name: Sarena
Last Name: wilcoxs
Place of Birth: Dantooine
Height: 5`7"
Weight: 143lb
Hair Color/Style: Strawberry red, a bity of a mess and unkept due to prison conditions
Facial Appearance: Slightly pale with freckles
Eye Color: Brown
Body Appearance: Type 1 female
Home Planet: Dantooine
Current Residence: A prison cell
Allegiance: Republic
Profession: Scout/sharpshooter
Armor/Clothes: standard prison issue gear
Primary Weapon(s): none
Secondary Weapon(s): none
Miscellaneous Item(s): none

Biography:
She brought on dantoonine when she was old enough, she joined the Khoonda milita. Their she was trained in basic survial skills and how to use a blaster, they soon realised she was good at hiding sneaking and sharp shooting. Then she was recruited into the republic army, and trained as a scout. Where she served as a scout, till one year ago. Where she was captured on hoth, by group of imps who ambushed her postion.

sorry for short bio thought might be fun not to use a force user for a change

Canino
02.17.2013 , 08:26 AM | #9
Species/Race: Human- Caucasian
Name: Risec
Middle Name: N/A
Last Name: Astucia
Nickname: Ri- but only to family or extremely close friends
Place of Birth: Nar Shaddaa
Height: 5’6
Weight: 140
Hair Color/Style: Bright orange hair, cut a bit short and left to do its own thing. A little messy, but nothing major. Sometimes it is in a comb over to the right side, but only when Risec is feeling fancy.
Facial Appearance: Peach fuzz (never really had much facial hair, and that is shaven and waxed into oblivion). Slight baby face, somewhat chiseled chin.
Eye Color: Green with flecks of silver
Body Appearance: Thin but muscular.
Home Planet: N/A
Current Residence: Prison cell/ The Survivor (his ship)
Allegiance: Neutral
Profession: Smuggler/Tracker/Sometimes a bounty hunter
Armor/Clothes: Prison garb
Primary Weapon(s): Pistol with several illegal modifications (these are his normal weapons, he does not have them during this rp)
Secondary Weapon(s): Martial Arts (more of a street fighting form though), knives (see above)
Miscellaneous Item(s): Holocom, datapad, hyrdospanner, binoculars (confiscated goods by warden)
Biography: Born and abandoned on Nar Shaddaa, Risec spent most of his life here, until a bounty hunter rescued him and his brother*. From her, they learned more about fighting and merged their knowledge of thievery and con artistry with combat. Risec returned to Nar Shaddaa and began smuggling for small gangs and Hutts until he finally stole a ship from pirates**. This was years ago, and he now smuggles for anyone with money in their pockets. He loves adventure, so it was obvious he would accept the job that ultimately landed him in the prison ship.
“*”- His brother is a Chiss operative. They banded together on Nar Shaddaa to survive, but now share a bond of brothers.
“**”- long story about the pirates- it is an idea I have for a fanfiction of Risec’s beginnings. If only I would continue to write my original fanfiction…

This will be my first rp- I hope that won't be a problem. If I need more experience, please tell me and I will hopefully be able to acquire some.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

jediashnoe
02.17.2013 , 09:34 AM | #10
Everyone has to start somewhere!
Xam
The Tharl Legacy

Begeren Colony