Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Not what we were expecting Gree Event Pub and Imp ceasefire?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Not what we were expecting Gree Event Pub and Imp ceasefire?

Phill
02.14.2013 , 01:48 PM | #11
The reason is, in my opinion: people are getting bored. I mean two hours of just everyone killing everyone..after awhile people get bored, they want to complete the objectiives to get the new Tron Gear.

People can go to WZ all day long, they can go to Outlaws den..etc..but this event offers new items, legacy light sabers, tron gear..at some point people probably want to complete the objectives..and then go back to killing..
"General, surely there must be SOMEBODY left who needs some killing, or some killing done for them."......."Sorry, Major. There's nobody left. You've killed them all. "

Zoom_VI
02.14.2013 , 07:15 PM | #12
generally what has been happening on jung ma has been alternating periods of pvp and peace.
generally there will be a nice line with moderators, it'll last approx 15mins then at somepoint someone will shoot someone else (accidental autotarget or intinational) and next thing ya know there are bodies everywhere - about 10 mins later order returns
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

If you fail, fail dramatically. At least you will prove the error of your tactics to your successors
- Scott Westerfeld, The Killing of Worlds

Totaltrash
02.14.2013 , 08:59 PM | #13
It's not a PVP event, it's a THUG EVENT - thanks to Bioware complete lack of understanding MMO players.

* Same-faction killings - Jedis killing Jedis is a great way how to ruin the Star Wars theme.
* Exploit flagging of PVE'ers - especially on PVE and RP servers. Condoned by Bioware, instead of punished.
* Collusion between the PVP guilds of either faction - lets not fight each other, just gank people in PVE gear.
* RL threats and non-stop racist/sexist/homophobic language on general chat - condoned by Bioware, instead of punished.
* Extortion as the latest twist - making people pay so they can complete event quests.

I like PVP, that's practically all I do in SWTOR.
And I always wanted open world pvp to return, but this event is garbage and just brings out the worst in people.

Nicolettexiv
02.15.2013 , 03:07 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
a pvp event with cease fire... great. let's start doing peaceful huttballs and other WZones.
If you'll kindly pass the ball now please, thank you. Dance party at the goal line? See you there, chap!
Islå, Daenora - Sage - Azaelia - Sorcerer
Nichole, Sloåne - Gunslinger - Nicollete - Operative
Irelis - Sentinel - Iselle - Jugg
Harlow - Commando - Lorelux - Powertech