Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

IF TOR had PVP like this...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
IF TOR had PVP like this...

yotasatheart
02.12.2013 , 01:21 PM | #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkl_fAjmLmA

it would be the greatest game ever created. EVER. RIP DAOC

Edonidd
02.12.2013 , 01:33 PM | #2
As a Thane from DAoC and a White Lion in WAR I knew we were in trouble when Bioware went to Mythic for help with PvP balance...

But I do miss old relic raids. One of my favorite gaming memories ever was trying to quietly get 200 players together to go PvP without anyone alerting enemy players. Or standing on the ramparts defending and seeing 50+ giant hammers dropping on people. Watching your computer just start smoking as it tried to render all of the 300 players at once and all of their animations and effects from all of their spells.

therealeasy
02.12.2013 , 01:33 PM | #3
to each their own, i didnt like daoc at all but i did very much enjoy shadowbane and similar battles in the flawed darkfall were good upon occasion

i enjoy pvp games when they cause adrenaline, revolve around face paced, skillful fights, and have open world + looting, or arena matches

my favorite pc games for these qualities have been asherons call, counterstrike, and diablo 2

i enjoy swtor a lot and the pvp is a lot of fun but it rarely gets the adrenaline pumping

TrueEquality
02.12.2013 , 02:22 PM | #4
Daoc owned, i used to love solo stealth ganking, bad thing about it though is that it was my first mmo so it spoiled me to the point that no other mmo will ever taste the same
Compassion: Shadow, Forall: Sage, Equality: Scoundrel, Evolving: Guardian, Coincidence: Commando, Circumstance: Marauder, Necessities: Powertech, Persist: Sniper, Gowiththeflow: Sorcerer

Shatterstar
02.12.2013 , 02:23 PM | #5
Shadowbane pvp was only fun when both sides actually played by the rules. There was just too many exploits and hacks that they never seemed to address.
The Darksabbath Legacy
Ranseur (PT Tank) Andari (Rage Marauder)
Bil'li (Marks Sniper) And a host of other alts...

yotasatheart
02.12.2013 , 02:54 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TrueEquality View Post
Daoc owned, i used to love solo stealth ganking, bad thing about it though is that it was my first mmo so it spoiled me to the point that no other mmo will ever taste the same
i know exactly what you mean mate. i played a mana eldritch bomber group. we ran a bard (aoe mez) druid heals mentalist heals 2 mana eldritches (pbaoe) a ML9+ chanter for ML pet , a banshe cone pbaoe'er and 2 bodyguard ML10 wardens. we. were. FEARED. lol.

god i miss that game =[

Yelloweyedemon
02.12.2013 , 02:59 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by yotasatheart View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkl_fAjmLmA

it would be the greatest game ever created. EVER. RIP DAOC
There is a brand new MMO coming out in few months, with HUGE open world pvp with DaoC style.

yotasatheart
02.12.2013 , 03:01 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Yelloweyedemon View Post
There is a brand new MMO coming out in few months, with HUGE open world pvp with DaoC style.
what is this game you speak of?! i hope it carbon copies daoc RVR. the realm levels, EVERYTHING.

Yelloweyedemon
02.12.2013 , 03:19 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by yotasatheart View Post
what is this game you speak of?! i hope it carbon copies daoc RVR. the realm levels, EVERYTHING.
I ll give you some help but you ll have to find it yourself:

Valenwood, Elsweyr, Cyrodiil, Black Marsh, Morrowind, Skyrim, Hammerfell.

Does it help ? ;P

yotasatheart
02.12.2013 , 03:24 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Yelloweyedemon View Post
I ll give you some help but you ll have to find it yourself:

Valenwood, Elsweyr, Cyrodiil, Black Marsh, Morrowind, Skyrim, Hammerfell.

Does it help ? ;P
let down =/ i was hoping for a 3 faction epic pvp game like daoc, not elder scrolls online lol.

dont get it twisted, i will be playing ESO lol. but its not the kinda pvp game i was looking for.