Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same-faction violence on Ilum. How will your guild handle this?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Prophecy of the Five
Same-faction violence on Ilum. How will your guild handle this?

Xerain
02.14.2013 , 05:51 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by ForsakenKing View Post
Can you blame me for being confused since you definitely werent managing it
Yeah it's kinda hard for *******es to stop jumping in and attackign people. But naw the tourny got done :P you just didn't hear about it. Like SUPER SECRET.

ForsakenKing
02.14.2013 , 06:09 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
Yeah it's kinda hard for *******es to stop jumping in and attackign people. But naw the tourny got done :P you just didn't hear about it. Like SUPER SECRET.
Since i signed up for it, i did know about it. sadly, i was travelling that day so group didnt make it
the results are definitely super uber down low secret.

Xerain
02.14.2013 , 10:02 PM | #43
Since i signed up for it, i did know about it. sadly, i was travelling that day so group didnt make it
the results are definitely super uber down low secret.
The Casual team won.

ForsakenKing
02.14.2013 , 10:18 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
The Casual team won.
Bubbles? i dont remember who else was in that group

Xerain
02.15.2013 , 12:02 AM | #45
Bubbles? i dont remember who else was in that group
G'g on his sin, Liege, and Razbot

mrklove
02.15.2013 , 09:54 AM | #46
The Art of Warfare (TAW) hasn't adopted any particular policy because its more complex than just adopting one method of PvP.

I personally see it this way:

1) It's a Free for All PvP Zone and therefore all who participate should prepare for anything
2) That point 1 is an objective reality and can't be changed all methods of dealing are acceptable
3) This essentially means: those who kill people getting orbs are right in doing so because its PvP AND those who form lines and then kill all who interfere with the line are also right because they are engaging in PvP by other means.

What is BS and what guilds should go after are the people who want to argue a black and white perspective on the matter. Those who say: "if you don't want PvP why are you on a PvP server" or "line forming is not PvP." These are not arguments, in fact they are excuses that attempt to justify only using one method in the FFA zone. So people who say believe this are actually not fully appreciating what world PvP is all about they only want one simple way when reality allows for multiple ways of accomplishing the goal.
The Art of Warfare Premier Online Gaming Community
Debs Bowdash Gramsci Arundati Stokely

ImmortalLeoman
02.15.2013 , 03:54 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by mrklove View Post
The Art of Warfare (TAW) hasn't adopted any particular policy because its more complex than just adopting one method of PvP.

I personally see it this way:

1) It's a Free for All PvP Zone and therefore all who participate should prepare for anything
2) That point 1 is an objective reality and can't be changed all methods of dealing are acceptable
3) This essentially means: those who kill people getting orbs are right in doing so because its PvP AND those who form lines and then kill all who interfere with the line are also right because they are engaging in PvP by other means.

What is BS and what guilds should go after are the people who want to argue a black and white perspective on the matter. Those who say: "if you don't want PvP why are you on a PvP server" or "line forming is not PvP." These are not arguments, in fact they are excuses that attempt to justify only using one method in the FFA zone. So people who say believe this are actually not fully appreciating what world PvP is all about they only want one simple way when reality allows for multiple ways of accomplishing the goal.
So you want lines and not pvp? I get what you are saying about it being a FFA zone and "anything goes" in it (including lines), but if its a FFA zone and I dont want to wait in line, why should I not attack the line? Good for you wanting to get the daily done. I like to get it done to, but I would rather kill people while doing it... It's just funny that people cry about pvp in the pvp area. If you dont like pvp why did you come to a pvp server...
I am the Blackness.... /flap
Click this for a free character transfer per my refer a friend link:

http://www.swtor.com/r/mkLPN7

Natharon
02.15.2013 , 05:02 PM | #48
It is the highlander zone, there can be only one 4man group remaining. Nothing like seeing the ******* cry at you in general chat, for killing them," we are the same faction jerk, acquire honour."
♠THE NATHARON LEGACY♠
I Didn't Win The Blue Ribbon, But It Is In My Possession.
<WEAPONS OF WAR>

Ariochaotik
02.15.2013 , 05:57 PM | #49
Firestorm has no set policy. Hell we have no policies or rules to speak of except 1. Must be in mumble for guild events...even that is sometimes not enforced.

my personal philosophy on Illum..
If you attack one of my guildmates or groupmates, you die
If you are competing with me for an objective, you die.
If i remember you as a whiny crybaby, or smacktalker from Wz's, you die.
If your in a guild that normally queues with 2 smahers and 2 bubblestuns for wz's, your cheesy arse deserves to die.
If we are actively trying to control middle, and you come to the middle, you die.

otherwise, ill probably walk on by. hell i might even help you kill your npcs.
Ario - 50 Sage
Ariopunk- 50 Vanguard
Hatesbane- 50 Shadow
..and the rest of the Escapes Legacy.
Firestorm

NRN_Hawk
02.15.2013 , 07:28 PM | #50
I'm usually for red = dead, but I have some exceptions.

I don't attack people outside the dome while I'm line crushing and I don't gank too bad equipped people more than once because it's way to boring, same for ganking one guy with 4 ppl more than once, that's not worth it.
Hawk's Twitch

Streaming PVP in crossdress mode - you will be hawked \m/

Subbed since wave 2 early access, back when Valor still mattered on Ilum.

~ Pot5 - http://www.helguild.com - HEL ~