Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Welcome to Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zorrion
02.12.2013 , 08:10 PM | #71
Your patch broke the game again. It is unplayable. There is no way to even try the event and it's likely you will lose more accounts and not gain them due to lack of solid development and QA management.

Satisfied Customer-----------------------------|-------Cancelling Accounts
U1dHRW11ISEh
Zorrion - Patch 10 Jedi
:::: Kyndig - NGE CM/BM :::: Ahazi

Eillack
02.12.2013 , 09:36 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by BengerJedi View Post
I didn't go through and read all of these responses, because I just don't have the time, and I'm not normally a complainer when it comes to games like these where a lot of work has to go into them and lots of unforseen things happen within a developing company that can put development and certain fixes to various bugs back. However, this event that requires you to be in an "Outlaw's Den" type area to complete the weekly of a limited time event where it multiplies the opportunity for players with nothing better to do with their time than to hinder others from getting content done just seems like bad foresight and thinking. And with only being able to get in groups of four, it makes it even more difficult to positively experience an event that I know you all were hoping would spark new players' interest as well as keeping those who've remained since launch. Personally, I'd rather have fixes to problems and bugs that have been untouched since launch than new content. I will say I liked these quests, but having to spend multiple hours to do one set of dailies because my group is getting ganked every two minutes is a bit absurd. I've stuck this game out and like it, in spite of all the little things that have accumulated that irritate me, but with the only rewards of this event being mostly cosmetic and the reputation rewards being similar, I'm getting to the point where I'm just done with it.

I've really liked this game for the most part, and with all the time I've invested, do not want to quit, but reading patch note after patch note and not seeing bug fixes to issues months and months old make this frustrating aspect of the Gree event that much worse. Please, do your best to address these issues and make this game work as it should.
Well said good sir.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

hesfalcon
02.13.2013 , 12:08 AM | #73
The description of small groups of 4 taking part in the pvp area is entirely inaccurate. On Shadowlands server, anyway, there is at least a 4 to 1 ratio of Empire to Republic players. Any 4 man Republic group will get the treatment mine did today. There are giant packs of at least 20 Empire characters that seem to have no purpose of their own except to try to shred a tiny group of 4 Republic players. This is not any kind of real contest of skill or even a gear contest. It took hours of careful maneuvering to complete the pvp mission on my two characters. I witnessed no Empire group having such issues. (And I don't hate Empire players, I have my own toons.)

I got through it once but doubt I'll waste my time again. The game needs to be rewritten so that it is truly small groups of equal size opposing each other. Or the same number of each faction is allowed and no more. Or something to make this an actual pvp and not pvmany.

TaipanShakor
02.13.2013 , 12:58 AM | #74
Personally I'm over the childish frikkin jawagrams, pets that are pointless and all the other junk aimed at children, try making this an adult game, or at least for players over 13yo , cut the crap, and start working on at least the fixes that needed fixing from day 1 , like gear that actually looks like gear and not something from final fantasy ... wake up !! oh to hell with it, they dont read or care what's being said by the players anyway, let the game rot away into oblivion as everyone predicts anyway. I'll be on Eve Online until you decide to make a SW game worth playing and listens to its playerbase and not just a money grab.

xXLouiseXx
02.13.2013 , 02:53 AM | #75
In all fairness YES they need to fix the game as a whole NO smash spec doesnt need nerfing considering the rage/focus spec tree favors that spec and attack.. and no i dont play a guardain or jugger! i play a scoundrel healer and u know what rage spec has been out since day one!!!!!! they nerfed surge becuase u lot whined then u complained becuase they nerfed surge pick what you want ffs.. i get by in pvp just fine in fact better than fine red eclipse pvp is very even if u like pvp u will learn rotations of other characters so you may best counter it...

I love the event btw so ty bioware granted you need to fix other and some cartel stuff is just stupid but i think the game is good..

back to the event now lol rant over FFA pvp is good imo and so what if reps are killing reps? get a group and hit them back and NO you dont need to pvp if your a pve player just dont do the pvp quest?!!!!!!!!!!

xD
█||||||()█Ξ███████████████████████████████████)

Pompeia
02.13.2013 , 02:59 AM | #76
Just wanted to say I'm enjoying this new event and the items introduced with it.
I'm also surprised to be enjoying the reputation system, makes it more tolerable to do the dailies, wich is something I only still do for the credits, since there is no gear there (section x and black hole) I still need. I am however someone who likes to see their chars on "proper" clothing, so its a nice carrot in the end of the stick.
Hope to see more "simple" armor in the future.

Thanks

redfurry
02.13.2013 , 05:03 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Anjinson View Post
Is it me or has any one else had a problem searching for things on the GTN? I was able to search for might hilt but not might hilt 4 for example. When I used the first term it had the search bright and highlighted but when using the second it dark or grey out. I tried with a couple of different items and found it all to be the same.

This really make it hard to find the right level of item that you are looking to buy and I hope that this is not some new feature that we will have to live with....
This also happened to me. I noticed a small error message: "All search keywords must be 3 characters or longer". The "4" in "might hilt 4" is considered a 1 character keyword and not allowed anymore. So yeah, it is apparently a "feature" where we cannot search for particular level items anymore. I have to say, not a fan...

demotivator
02.13.2013 , 05:17 AM | #78
I have no issue with the Free for all area, it is obvious that this is their solution to faction imbalance, it is maybe not perfect but without that system you very well know that the forums would be filled with whines about the other faction (likely imp) outnumbering yours by 4:1. It was one of the main issues with original Ilum and that's something that they had to fix with this new version of Ilum PvP.

Free for all is the lesser of two evils.

Now that doesn't mean that I am pleased with the event: it doesn't fix faction imbalance outside that area, all I see when I'm riding around for the other dailies is red everywhere because imps indeed outnumber us, so it was just a lazy fix. Secondly we finally get Legacy melee weapons, but why does it take Champion rank to buy them? It took only a couple of days with minimum effort to get the Legacy rifle during the past event, how fair is it that melee have to work that hard to get the ability to trade hilts withing their Legacy?

Also the Gree tokens are cluttering our inventory. Why isn't it considered as currency like all the other tokens?

Another bad update in the long history of bad updates in this game.
Randomizing your forums.

parmie
02.13.2013 , 06:56 AM | #79
Largely undecided as I went to Ilum, saw it was busy, heard some griefing stories from Guildees within the first few minutes and decided to leave it until things calm down. The gear looks nice though.

I did partake of the space reputation for a bit. this is really repetitive though, I had my one available heroic space mission available - did that. Due to the expensive in obtaining all the other new ship parts, only 1 toon has them, thus I'm faced with building reputation on the basis of multiple daily impossible sectors.

I did try one of the others without a mission available and no reputation gained. Also nothing for a levelling toon going through a red coloured space mission, probably slightly more challenging than my grade7 guy doing an already green impossible sector, yet no reputation gained.

If I can bear to stick at it that long, I'll probably space gear up the other toons eventually (certainly not with real money on the cartel market though).

I couldn't see what I would get from fleet reputation though, nipped along to the space vendors and there was nothing new there, anyone know?

Thylbanus
02.13.2013 , 07:06 AM | #80
Reputation is a weekly thing. Does that mean it gets reset back to 0 or is it a plateau system, where once you have it you don't go back, just drop to the beginning of each plateau?
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson