Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Welcome to Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Muglor
03.03.2013 , 11:05 AM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by PastorDick View Post
I am concerned about the "Reputation" part of the update. I believe this is what has killed STO...it became too hard to understand and way too expensive on in game resources and currency.
I agree. After LotRO I can't stand the reputation system. Do all the bs grinding for a particular faction for what...? A different looking mount, gear that is substandard?

No thank you. I'll be cancelling my sub now.

Lecto
03.06.2013 , 12:35 PM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by BKatt View Post
Indeed, imagine if this was an MMO where it was needed to play with eachother.

How DARE BW, make an event that requires any form of communication or cooperative play! ^^
I think the team work elements were the best bit in my opinion & it is what made this event special. I actually miss going down to illum & having a bunch of people looking for kill Xeno; moreover, there was always a ready pool of players ginned up & ready to go. Some of the missions were hit & miss, but I've already voiced my opinion on this.

One thing I will say is that it would have been nice if some of the devs or mods would have poked their heads into this thread once & a while. BW really needs to work on it's communication with the community.
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return". ~ Moulin Rouge
Join Clan "Thunder Paw" today!!
Follow me on Twitter: @Lecto10

Swissbob
03.06.2013 , 12:47 PM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by Muglor View Post
I agree. After LotRO I can't stand the reputation system. Do all the bs grinding for a particular faction for what...? A different looking mount, gear that is substandard?

No thank you. I'll be cancelling my sub now.
So, because they're putting in optional, non-essential, small grinds with some neat cosmetic rewards for the players who are interested in it ..... (And none of this effects you negatively in any way) .... you are canceling your sub?

Right....

Well, I won't miss you....
______________________Guild Master____________________
<The Nightmare Legacy><The Horizon Legacy>
_________________The Shadowlands

HomicidalWhales
03.06.2013 , 01:36 PM | #194
I really didn't like this event, in my opinion. It's was better than that very bland Grand Acquisitions Race even back in August, but still lacked a lot of what the Rakghoul Plague event had. In the Rakghoul Plague event, OPvP took place all over the planet of Tatooine and WZs were filled with players infecting one another. This one, on the other hand, strictly had one area for OPvP (a part of it which was FFA as well) and the reason for fighting was pretty ridiculous; it was almost to the point where you felt like you were just fighting for PvE quests. I didn't partake into this event much because it felt like a Section X version II, and it just wasn't worth it because the rewards weren't all that great.

My Current Standings: Rakghoul Plague > Return of the Gree > Grand Acquisitions Race.