Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Welcome to Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AshlaBoga
02.20.2013 , 01:35 AM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by Endek View Post
The Gree Weekly Reputation Cap.

I am really, really challenge driven and was determined to achieve the highest Gree Reputation that I could and managed to hit the first weekly cap in around 1 day.... which was great, but seemed strange to me that a weekly reputation cap is actually beneficial to any player?

So having maxed out my weekly reputation cap early last week, my initial challenge to achieve at least Hero reputation was on hold, but I continued to put my toons through the event and build up Gree Reputation Trophies to comvert to Gree Reputation as soon as the 2nd weekly cap became available, which is today.... So I popped a few of my collected Gree Reputation Trophies and now I have maxed out this weekly cap which is Friend Reputation without even puting a foot on Ilum
I'm already a Hero of the Gree "Honored Silver Acute." Perhaps you didn't use the right combination of trophies?

I'm confused
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Endek
02.20.2013 , 04:19 AM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
I'm already a Hero of the Gree "Honored Silver Acute." Perhaps you didn't use the right combination of trophies?

I'm confused
Hey Ashlaboga and congrats on attaining "Honored Silver Acute" rep with the gree. Well done!

Confusion for both of us then...

Your confused that I am not "Hero" reputation with the Gree, despite having more than enough Gree Reputation Trophies and I am confused as I have no idea what combination I should have used the trophies in so that I achieved a better reputation....

I have "Friend" legacy reputation with "The Gree Enclave", have played my 9 x level 50's each day on Ilum but only one toon has completed the mission "The Ancient Gree Relays", as it is so time consuming jumping from planet to planet compared to just parking all of my toons on Ilum for the event. Playing so many toons for this event, I also gave up on the PvP daily mayhem and Heroic's after day 2...

So, I think I went wrong by only using the "Gree Memory Core" and "Gree Data Core" after collecting at the end of each daily toon run, in no combination, just clicked them to add reputation.

My "Friend" Reputation is 9120 out of 10000 and I have maxed out my weekly cap, which means I receive this message :- "You are already at the weekly reputation cap with this group".

Naively, I am confused that there is a (mathematical) combination as to how I should have used the "Premium", "Prototype" and "Artifact" reputation trophies to maximize the weekly reputation....

So for now, I have dozens, yes dozens of Trophies to use and the event ends on Feb 26th, before my weekly rep cap is reset..

I am also hoping that when the event ends on Feb 26th 2013, I can continue to use the Trophies each week, until I run out of Trophies or the event rolls around again to continue developing my legacy reputation.
Endek
Server:- Dxun Battle Circle

Lecto
02.20.2013 , 12:42 PM | #173
I have a Question I feel needs to be answered by the devs. I've maxed out my reputation both last week & this week; however, I'm still not a "champion" -- I'm "friend" rank. So, when does this event end? I know it is supposed to end next Tuesday (27th), but is that the last day of the event...or will it be gone on the 27? Basically, I'm trying to figure out weather or not I'm screwed out of the event weapons. I know a lot of people who are worried about this issue....

Aside from that I'd like to say that the devs did a really good job on this one, far better than the last two events. There is a lot of verity: PvP, PvE, World bosses, & raid fights. I would not mind seeing more events like this!! I would also like to hand down special kudos on the [Daily] Advanced Analysis/Advanced Testing mission. The third part where you have to use the mission item is a lot of fun....maybe you guys could bring something like this into a raid? It could just be for a mini-boss as far as I care...just something to break up the normal fight routines -- very fun!!
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return". ~ Moulin Rouge
Join "Tao Covenant" today!
Twitter: @Lecto10

Lecto
02.20.2013 , 12:53 PM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Why is this crap on illum FFA? People are getting attacked more by their own faction than by the enemy faction. So much for war in star wars.
Although this does happen...I'd say it would be far worse if it were imp VS pub..they outnumber us two to one...at least this way they can kill each-other being the hot pockets they are. However, I will say the WAR aspect your talking about could work if all pubs & all imps were on the same team & you could heal/guard everyone on your team. That might work & could be a cool idea for future events. Might require some kind of adaptive/smart UI though for ops.......you know, that could change on it's own depending on who is near you & who isn't.

On a side note...I hope this is only like a once a year thing...maybe twice...it won't be special if everyone can just keep getting the items. The whole point of event items is that they are rare -- my opinion.
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return". ~ Moulin Rouge

Lecto
02.20.2013 , 12:55 PM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by Merras View Post
On Red Eclipse I accidentally attacked a group of republics with my sage. I ended sadly

However on this server there was a group of jerks who attacked their own faction members and they couldn't understand the problem.

Sorry Bioware but if you want a FFA event you have to do it some other way. This is now just a big BS. 6 of our guildmembers went to try this event - we had forced to split into 2 groups because of this "no ops"-nonsense. Of course my AOE attack damaged my fellow mates of the other group. Nonsense.

However when a group of republic jerks ganked us for the third time I logged of. Imperial ganking was bad enough one year ago and I'm sick of this same faction ganking.

Sad thing PvP stuff is needed to the Gree event - as I see PvE-only will be not enough to collect the minimal reputation. And this is fail.
^I had this happen...having to split up your guild blows....I wouldn't have a problem with it if I could heal the other group though.

Lecto
02.20.2013 , 01:08 PM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by _Bonifacius_ View Post
Ok this is the first time I complain about Bioware.... But you seriously missed the point of this game.

Cartel Market is good but this is a Star Wars MMO, not a fashion competition to see who has the most expensive and awesome gear. You really think that CC will keep this game running? It won't.
The reason behind us blaming you without sense is because you don't communicate, a pair of words weekly about the topics we want to know about would make you player base more friendly; and you know it wont take you more than a few minutes. (SGR, smashers and bubblers to name a few)

You did an awesome game and you do awesome content. Bioware always does quality stories, we don't know how hard is to work on this game, we don't know how hard is to keep up with out constant moaning. The only thing we know is what bothers us about PvP and PvE

Communicating will do more for keeping this alive than what CC will.

Keep up the good work beacause not everything you do is bad... You're still miles ahead of other games.
The CC isn't supposed to keep the game alive in the since you're thinking, it's supposed to make Bioware/EA money so they can keep pumping out content. They are doing a lot better than they did at launch...not saying there isn't room from improvement, but you get the idea.

Kalabakk
02.20.2013 , 08:40 PM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by Lecto View Post
... Aside from that I'd like to say that the devs did a really good job on this one, far better than the last two events.
I'm glad somebody is enjoying it, because I happen to think it's the worst event they've done by a longshot. Just kill a bunch of stuff to not even be able to buy things that I don't even want anyway. I'm happy you're enjoying it, but I just can't see the point of all the grinding on this one.
Have you hugged a Wookiee today?

DarthVengeant
02.22.2013 , 03:13 AM | #178
BIOWARE!!! Would it be THAT HARD to explain what exactly "recurrence" and "repeated events" exactly means? We get NO CLEAR explanation as to this. Will we be able to get these items again, and earn more of the comms for them? Will the reputation matter in the next event? Why an XP cap every week for a two week event? No one will make Champion in two weeks, since it's not possible with the week cap. That really makes no sense to me.

Also, would it be so hard to make the WB's instanced? I am yet to find a group to kill Surgok'k. And I have tired for hours and hours, joining multiple groups who either disband or kick players for no reason, and still not killed him. No, its not my gear, I am over 21k health on both my 50's. Instead of having to travel jump all over, and the problems that brings with it, just make the tunnel instanced to the lead player. Whalah.

The game has ALOT of glitches and bugs. To the point that compared to other MMO's it is utterly unacceptable. The memory leak issue it frankly killing this game. Why not fix those instead of new content that only breaks the game even more? I'm very sure the community would much rather have a huge bug fix patch than new content. I guarantee it.

There are things the community has been BEGGING for for months or even since the game was launched....and you just add cartel and party jawas instead of what we want. Like that is somehow supposed to sedate us? No. It just puts people off. For example:

A dye system
Hood up or down
Ship customization/decoration
Guild Ship and more in game Guild abilities (Event Calendar, Guild Mail, etc)
Fix certain nerfs (bubble stun and smash)
Class Balances

Please focus on these things instead of "new content"

In closing. While this event is much better than the last one, more grinding is NOT fun. Make the events FUN...because isn't that what games are supposed to be?

I also want to thank you for doing one thing many people have wanted for ages. Adding Legacy Lightsabers

End of Line.

Malthol
02.23.2013 , 01:15 PM | #179
Honestly, as interested as I am in this event, TODAY is the first day I've had a chance to log in to play. I've been around MMOs long enough to know that the "hard core" player (by which I tend to mean those who play the game like it's a second job) drive the introduction of new and harder content, but time limits on events shouldn't be determined on the same reasoning, especially when they rely heavily on a reputation system that has a weekly limit of achievement.

Ildriel
02.24.2013 , 02:00 PM | #180
Is it actually possible to buy the Gree Weapons ? It says you need to be Champion in order to unlock it but the rep is limited and the event ends in 2 days and if the event ends dose this means no more weapon vendor ? And this is even more lame since atm i have 22 Gray Helix Components and if the event ends on 25.02 night then for me is pointless also if they remove the vendors is pointless since you cannot get the rank in order to buy the weapon so can some on make this thing clear about the event and witch vendors will go and witch will stay.

And totally agree with what DarthVengeant just wrote!
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.