Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Welcome to Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Raansu
02.16.2013 , 01:43 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by DanNV View Post
The point is, there are a lot of people who DON'T want to group. Hense, SOLO players. They are a larger part of this game than you seem to think.
Can you solo HM Flashpoints? Can you solo operations? Can you solo world bosses that you do not significantly out level? No, you cannot. Here is a simple fact for you. THIS IS A MMO. There WILL be content that REQUIRES you to be in a group. Don't like it? Go play a single player game then. If you want to do all the content then learn how to socialize. No one should EVER expect to play an MMO and be able to play all the content 100% solo.

Quote: Originally Posted by DanNV View Post
If you want the reputation you have to do all of the missions, PVE and PVP. If you don't, you can't get enough to get high enough during the event to get the goodies. Hence, PVE players are forced to PVP. If players want full-time PVP, roll toons on a PVP server. It's that easy. I'm tired of PVP players complaining on PVE servers.
As far as the armor goes, you do not need to do the pvp quests to get newcomer status. As far as the weapons go, it is mathematically impossible to get champion status before the event is over (due to the weekly caps) and the small amount of rep you get from the whopping two PvP quests will not make much of a difference. You will get WAY more reputation doing all 4 of the pve dailies + the world bosses + the operation boss than you will doing the two pvp quests. You DO NOT need to do the pvp quests to keep up in reputation.

PvE players have twice the amount of content than the PvP players and the rewards PvP players get is minimal. And here is a shocking fact for you, even on pvp servers pvp players are FORCED to do PvE to get that ONE gray helix component. Do you see pvp players crying about it? No, only people like you cry about being forced to do another element of the game even though you are 100% NOT being forced to do it. In fact, if pvp players want to keep up in reputation with pve players, they HAVE to do pve because that is where the big chunks of rep is and that is also how you get the gray helix components. But I guess that logic is lost on you because you are too busy being self entitled.

Inveteratus
02.16.2013 , 02:32 PM | #152
I have a sister and a dad who both play star wars on the same account and i think we should be able to play together so in the next update can you maybe do that it would be much appericated

FunkyOne
02.17.2013 , 12:45 AM | #153
I was less than impressed. The first question I have is... why is the Gray Helix Currency... not a currency? Or even a mission item?

Why is something we're likely to have to hang on to for months going to have to take up an inventory slot? I can't be the only one thinking eventually people are going to delete these things by accident between week long gank-fests in old PVP-land on Ilum, and have to petition to have them restored.

Second Question.. will the Rep system be anything more than WoW's rep system applied so far after the fact that level 50's will have a painful grind to get some? Let's be honest, you even "Borrowed" commendations for quickie clicky rep. Its hardly inspired game crafting.

tzagheru
02.17.2013 , 07:33 AM | #154
weak event and weak rewards, boring rep grinding system copypasted from WoW + fail weekly cap.

its been only few days and im already bored and cba to do the dailies or farm same dull wbs, the only fun is ganking in mid..

AshlaBoga
02.17.2013 , 09:22 AM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Can you solo HM Flashpoints?
I agreed with a lot of what you posted, except I have soloed HM Flashpoints (HM BT, HM BP, HM FE) and so that part isn't true unless you add "that you haven't vastly overgeared." Can you solo an HM Flashpoint in Tionese? Nope.
FEAR REMAINS ETERNAL, Jung Ma server
Fear Remains Eternal
Lord of Corruption

Raansu
02.17.2013 , 12:24 PM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
I agreed with a lot of what you posted, except I have soloed HM Flashpoints (HM BT, HM BP, HM FE) and so that part isn't true unless you add "that you haven't vastly overgeared." Can you solo an HM Flashpoint in Tionese? Nope.
Ok fine, you vastly outgeared the content. But guess what, you had to do group content to get that gear. So it kind of voids itself out there.

foorg
02.17.2013 , 05:20 PM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaTheElite View Post
The event mechanics are a lot of fun, but my real issue with it is that it's only a few week event with a rep cap? I mean the only way to go home with some cool rewards is doing every daily and weekly and probably even on multiple 50's. Plus the components are BoP not even legacy. I'm not sure if I do all the missions as much as I can if I'll even get 1 gree weapon.

Seems like a shooty event if it's that short with no reward. I would say extend the event or raise the component drop a bit. I understand they will bring this even back, but if you want people to be engaged, might not want to shaft them on dedicated work throughout this event.
I have the same concerns, well said!

Fatespuppet
02.17.2013 , 05:47 PM | #158
I figure this is as good a place as any to give my thoughts on the Gree Event. I have had most of a week to do almost all of the content, and I think my opinion is about as formed as it can be. I've explained the Cons since those are the real meat of my post.

PROS:
- More content is always fun, can't argue with that
- Interesting mission mechanics
- New Gear, weapons, armor, etc.

CONS:
- NO explanation of things like the Blue Toras device. My DPS relies upon a companion to survive fights. Having him one shot and then dying multiple times figuring out not only that you can only use a quest item to fight AND can only use it when not debuffed for maximum effect, is not fun. Repair bills are WAY too high to not explain fight mechanics if they are the central point of a quest.

- VERY low drop rate of quest items. Both the PVP quest for robots and the animal chips have insanely low drop rates versus how scarce the mobs are. I spent more time trying to find the animal chips than I did on all other quests combined

- PVP griefing. I don't care what PVPers do in their own area, but when you are being forced into pvp because of flagged people wandering through your AoEs or simply healing the mob you're fighting that is not cool.

SUGGESTIONS:
I know it's too late and the devs undoubtedly think they made no mistakes, but hopefully they'll take the criticism to heart for future updates.

- Segregate PVP on PVE servers. We carebears chose our servers because we do NOT want to participate. Forcing it on people is not good and the amount of anger I saw over this during the event was incredible. I know I have lost a lot of faith in the game after this event solely because of the PVP in this event

I don't care if the PVP missions remain AND give those players a shorter route to the event items, but the two factions should only be in contact in that area.

- Lower the mission reqs, increase the drop rates of quest items, or increase the number of mob spawns. We shouldn't have to scour the zone for these things.

- Explain fight mechanics for the non-heroic or Ops level missions. Even if it's just a tooltip that would be enough. Blue Taros - "The only device capable of damaging the XXXX droid. This device does more damage if fully charged. Rapid use will lower the damage output"

- Give some bonuses to those players that did the previous Gree Treasure Hunt missions. The whole point of that event was to gain favor with the Gree and when they show up I'm treated just like the guy next to me who still has the price tags on his jacket? You could've at least started us at the first Reputation level. It's not enough of a boost to do anything except give access to the gear sooner than the next guy.

Overall this event was pretty underwhelming to me. I will work to get my reputation up enough for the gear, but I doubt I'll work for the max title. It's just too much of a headache and grief fest.

jvass
02.17.2013 , 05:51 PM | #159
When I get that L-1Scout pet... Is that it? Finished the event?? I dont get it

Jacen_Starsolo
02.17.2013 , 07:49 PM | #160
Seeing how they will only be around for 2 weeks, shouldn't the update been called "The Visit From the Gree"? More accurate.