Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Welcome to Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Endek
02.14.2013 , 07:05 AM | #101
I'm just curious why there is a weekly 'Cap' on how many 'Reputation' points you can put towards your 'Gree Enclave Legacy' reputation?

So bascially I am now stuck as a 'Newcomer' for almost a week and cannot achieve 'Friend' level until next week..

A shame really as I was looking forward to achieving the 'Friend' level today as a bit of a challenge and just don't understand why it is time capped..... Any ideas?
Endek
Server:- Dxun Battle Circle

SupremeLegate
02.14.2013 , 08:48 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Endek View Post
I'm just curious why there is a weekly 'Cap' on how many 'Reputation' points you can put towards your 'Gree Enclave Legacy' reputation?

So bascially I am now stuck as a 'Newcomer' for almost a week and cannot achieve 'Friend' level until next week..

A shame really as I was looking forward to achieving the 'Friend' level today as a bit of a challenge and just don't understand why it is time capped..... Any ideas?
I think it has to do with the fact that since it is tied to Legacy that if you had multiple 50's, 12 even, you would be able to blast through the Reputation pretty fast. This way you can still do the dailies every day but it will still take some time to progress the Reputation, in the mean time you can simply stockpile the Reputation stuff until you can use it, which includes after the Gree Event ends.

That's my guess anyway.

nidalad
02.14.2013 , 09:46 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by SupremeLegate View Post
I think it has to do with the fact that since it is tied to Legacy that if you had multiple 50's, 12 even, you would be able to blast through the Reputation pretty fast.
That's my guess anyway.
As it should be, if we want to play this game for 48 hours straight grinding out everything there is to grind we should be able to. Once maked launches you'll probably have level 55's in the first 6 hours.

SWTOR really isn't for those that are goal oriented.
Moonrunner

Endek
02.14.2013 , 09:55 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by SupremeLegate View Post
I think it has to do with the fact that since it is tied to Legacy that if you had multiple 50's, 12 even, you would be able to blast through the Reputation pretty fast. This way you can still do the dailies every day but it will still take some time to progress the Reputation, in the mean time you can simply stockpile the Reputation stuff until you can use it, which includes after the Gree Event ends.

That's my guess anyway.
Yeah, that sounds plausible. I put all of my 50's through the missions yesterday, which capped me for the week and yep, I can just stockpile them until next week.

Your also right that it will take some time to progress the reputation, but at least they are planning to run follow up events throughout the year, unlike the Rakghoul Pandemic one in April 2012 on Tatooine that had no follow up and the Jawa vendor just disapeared when the event plug was pulled... Shame really as I still have around 160 of those Raghoul commendations in my vault... but I have stopped coughing and spluttering on everyone It would be nice if that event came back as well.....

Anyways, I'm already looking forward to the sequel events following this one.
Endek

Endek
02.14.2013 , 10:02 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by nidalad View Post
As it should be, if we want to play this game for 48 hours straight grinding out everything there is to grind we should be able to. Once maked launches you'll probably have level 55's in the first 6 hours.

SWTOR really isn't for those that are goal oriented.
Yep, I agree with you on that one, I really enjoy setting a goal, especially with a new challenge and getting stuck into the task until it is done... mind, I don't think I have had a 48 hour season.... without food, drink and some sleep that is!
Endek

gilephor
02.14.2013 , 10:07 AM | #106
The reputation system plain and simple is horrible the way most games I have seen have done it before is through quests, not heroic or world boss type quests but regular quests in the areas or making rep items drop on the landscape. The way the present reputation system is designed I will not even try to get reputation with any of the factions.

BobaTheElite
02.14.2013 , 10:43 AM | #107
The event mechanics are a lot of fun, but my real issue with it is that it's only a few week event with a rep cap? I mean the only way to go home with some cool rewards is doing every daily and weekly and probably even on multiple 50's. Plus the components are BoP not even legacy. I'm not sure if I do all the missions as much as I can if I'll even get 1 gree weapon.

Seems like a shooty event if it's that short with no reward. I would say extend the event or raise the component drop a bit. I understand they will bring this even back, but if you want people to be engaged, might not want to shaft them on dedicated work throughout this event.
-Drizit: The Most Devious Killer in the Galaxy.

anstalt
02.14.2013 , 10:52 AM | #108
LOTRO's rep system was better, but still grindy.

In LOTRO, you earned rep for completing quests in a given area. So, questing in Angmar would give you Men of the North rep iirc. Completing all quests would probably get you to friend status, or roughly 1/3 of the way through (some reps would be higher though). From there, you could then grind mobs for rep drops, run repeatable quests, or farm instances for rep.

It was still a grindy system, but you were time limited by mob drop rates and instance completion rates, not by artificial gates! The system also gave you choice, so for example I am an instance grinder so I farmed instances for rep a lot and never bothered with mob grinding, whereas solo people could farm mobs and never have to touch an instance.

The TOR system seems poorly thought out tbh, but then just about everything they ever do is poorly thought out, so not sure why surprised!
Anstalt - lvl 50 valor 81 Shadow Consular

Currently retired due to poor design decisions within the game that have killed its longevity. Get rid of Hickman before he ruins the game completely!

Raansu
02.14.2013 , 01:32 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaTheElite View Post
The event mechanics are a lot of fun, but my real issue with it is that it's only a few week event with a rep cap? I mean the only way to go home with some cool rewards is doing every daily and weekly and probably even on multiple 50's. Plus the components are BoP not even legacy. I'm not sure if I do all the missions as much as I can if I'll even get 1 gree weapon.

Seems like a shooty event if it's that short with no reward. I would say extend the event or raise the component drop a bit. I understand they will bring this even back, but if you want people to be engaged, might not want to shaft them on dedicated work throughout this event.
Do the operations boss on SM and HM. You get 4 gray helix components on SM and 6 on HM. So do SM and HM this week and next week and that's 20 components right there + 1 for each day you do the rep quests and that's 34 components.

Kiniski
02.14.2013 , 03:42 PM | #110
New repair costs make this patch one of the black list ones, near 75 subscribers included me, are cancelling and already cancel the subscriptions with this new patch, only in my know poeple group, we want a BioWare answer, this is going to be fixed or not, 3 deaths 70k in repairs, is absurd, so, want to kill the game, fine, this working very well for that. I'm in a PvE server, so Op, HM, and FP are how we play.

Please, reverse patch 1.7 this is stupid, I love support the game with my subscription, but looks like BioWare and EA don't care about his customers at all.

How i can ask for refund about expansion?