Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Request To PvEers Who Decide to PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A Request To PvEers Who Decide to PvP

Smuglebunny
02.12.2013 , 09:53 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
That's just stupid. They have to start somewhere.

Contrary to what this guy thinks, I encourage ANYONE who has any desire to PvP, to PLEASE try it. Please do so with an open mind, knowing that practice and gear make all the difference.
Absolutely, but if you join a wz with under 900 expertise I will not be playing that WZ with you. That is all.

Recruit gear is free. You MUST have expertise for WZ's, you must. You dont have to have anything special for pve and pvp gear works just fine for all FP's.

The real issue is that the pve only people are mad that they cant wear the high lvl pve gear in pvp. And get quit on and yelled at. So in retaliation they have started trying to bar people in pvp gear from FPs or groups.

The only difference is that you will be 100% useless in PVP without Exp. and I can do just fine in pve with my pvp gear.

The only solution to this emnity between pve and pvp players is to get rid of Exp. Which I fully support.

But yeah, dont que for pvp without 900+ exp or most will just quit on you and you will not be winning the wz anyway so...

So pve'rs Come que for pvp, just pick up that free recruit gear first thats all.

ufarax
02.12.2013 , 10:05 AM | #22
That is why I don't heal pvp geared tanks. I don't heal them in HM FP nor in any operations. I see eye to eye...with original poster. After reading his amazing post...I will no longer heal pvp geared dps. Thanks for the inspiration.

Joesixxpack
02.12.2013 , 10:57 AM | #23
PVE vs. PVP debate? Talk about stale and boring....

Spoiler
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hot'Sawce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | JadeFox Sorc | AngelEyes Merc | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
DEAD SERVER REFUGEE

criminalheretic
02.12.2013 , 12:41 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ufarax View Post
That is why I don't heal pvp geared tanks. I don't heal them in HM FP nor in any operations. I see eye to eye...with original poster. After reading his amazing post...I will no longer heal pvp geared dps. Thanks for the inspiration.
Yes, because when healers don't heal anyone in HM FPs or OPS, there are no repercussions on the healer himself?
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

funkiestj
02.12.2013 , 02:10 PM | #25
lack of intelligent match scheduling algorithm strikes again.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

Zunayson
02.12.2013 , 03:45 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurvv View Post
Let's fight to see who's right.

I wonder who would win?
Aluvian is baws and would annihlate (Though hes smash spec right now I believe) anyone who wants to fight him.

You have been forewarned.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

DeepFreese
02.12.2013 , 04:42 PM | #27
I was vote kicked from a story mode KP run in full min maxed war hero gear. I haven't queued for group finder or touched pve since.
Creus
The Squirtle Squad[The Harbinger}

criminalheretic
02.12.2013 , 04:47 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DeepFreese View Post
I was vote kicked from a story mode KP run in full min maxed war hero gear. I haven't queued for group finder or touched pve since.
And the people kicking you were probably in un-aug'd Columi....
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

MidichIorian
02.12.2013 , 04:52 PM | #29
Expertise is for baddies.

COMMANDO, BABY!

L-RANDLE
02.12.2013 , 05:11 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Smuglebunny View Post
So pve'rs Come que for pvp, just pick up that free recruit gear first thats all.
So you rather have a recruit than a min/max augmented BH in a WZ? I am more than sure you inspected those low EXP players and documented their END and MAIN, while looking at their gameplay as well?

Sorry, but recruits are no better. They are squishy and useless when it counts. Especially now since gear is given away like candy.

While I don't agree with Luvi, the only unacceptable thing I have seen in The Shadowlands WZs is people queing up without even a basic stim.

That is unacceptable in ANY post-50 activity.
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango