Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Relics of the Gree Event

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Relics of the Gree Event
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AshlaBoga
02.17.2013 , 09:20 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by jedislayer5000 View Post
Ya I know, like why the hell would you attack your own side, and not just go after the enemy lol.
Probably RP - the Empire does tend to feed on itself, it's a Sith eat Sith galaxy out there my friends
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Ailie
02.17.2013 , 09:54 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by jedislayer5000 View Post
Ya I know, like why the hell would you attack your own side, and not just go after the enemy lol.
Because we can... and hey just because they're on my 'side' doesn't mean I have to like them
The Azure Wings of Dawn - Against All Odds
azurewingsofdawn.enjin.com

soneil
02.18.2013 , 10:11 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
Because we can... and hey just because they're on my 'side' doesn't mean I have to like them
Yeah yeah - attack me when I'm on the ground. You know it's about the only way to bring down a hot shot pilot like me.
Academy Exemplar - Gav Daragon
Republic 50s - Nefash, Tal-Hirron, Delin
Imperial 50s - Terrill, Rending, Vermeesa
Nefash's Pilot Training School - Space missions resource.

Ailie
02.18.2013 , 07:47 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by soneil View Post
Yeah yeah - attack me when I'm on the ground. You know it's about the only way to bring down a hot shot pilot like me.
ZOMG! Blatant plug...
The Azure Wings of Dawn - Against All Odds
azurewingsofdawn.enjin.com

Zonderz
02.19.2013 , 12:14 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Arthuriuan View Post
Everyone griping and complaining about their particular favorite item of the game (PVP/PVE, etc.). But, I have yet to see a single comment about what will really toast your wheat bread. Have you looked at the levels required to buy the Bind to Legacy weapons from the vendor? Short answer...Champion level. You are limited to 12k rep per week, the first four levels to become a "Friend of the Gree" take a total of 15k going up in increments of 2500. So, the next level should be somewhere around 10k to finish (not, Champion, BTW). Sooo, in two weeks you can earn 24k, but 25k is going to be required to hit that 5th level....you won't be able to buy any of those nice, pretty weapons that they hung out there as teasers until BioWare decides to have the Gree return for the next episode of their "recurring event." Nice, thanks for the Dirty Kick BioWare.
Does anybody know if the devs have addressed this? Relentlessly grinding dailies and bosses for two weeks and not being able to purchase these coveted weapons will be enough for me to unsub. Two weeks worth of playing for me, will have gone to waste if I cant equip those weapons by the END OF THE EVENT. Very frustrating to have such weak reputation caps.

/em watches as bioware makes me drool next to the reputation vendors for weeks

AshlaBoga
02.19.2013 , 05:38 AM | #116
It's been addressed:

Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey AshlaBoga,

Just wanted to let you know that the Gree Vendor will be sticking around after the event ends
The above means that if in the 2 weeks prior to Feb 26th you collect enough trophies and Grey Helixes (on one toon) to hit a total of 37.5k (2.5 + 5 + 7.5 + 10 + 12.5) you will not have to wait for the vendor to return. When the 2nd reset occurs you can use your trophies and then buy a lightsaber or whatever you weapon you desire from the reputation vendour.

So far I've gotten 13410/12000 reputation by using the gearbox method (get as close to cap as possible and then use a purple trophy).

Repeat the gearbox method 3 times and then purchase your Champion Gree gear
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Heezdedjim
02.19.2013 , 07:39 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
The above means that if in the 2 weeks prior to Feb 26th you collect enough trophies and Grey Helixes (on one toon) to hit a total of 37.5k (2.5 + 5 + 7.5 + 10 + 12.5) you will not have to wait for the vendor to return. When the 2nd reset occurs you can use your trophies and then buy a lightsaber or whatever you weapon you desire from the reputation vendour.
So just camp the world bosses 24x7. Problem solved.

Chesty_Jake
02.19.2013 , 09:40 AM | #118
I'm still trying to gauge how many characters I need to get champion by doing all the dailies for two weeks.

Right now i've done it on two toons... every missions except the first night I only got half in. Then I did HM & SM 16 man Xeno on my tank & just SM 16 man on my sent.

I got the comms for a weapon already on my tank but yah not sure i'll get champion or have enough piled up anyway by the time the event ends. I got a guy almost lvl42 I might try and grind up to 45 to start collecting :/
www.kickingtotalass.com
Streaming here at twitch.tv/guy_gamer/
Server: The Shadow Lands (Republic, Main: Yrk)
Guild: <The Meatbags> (Republic, originally of Tarro Blood & Corellian Run)

DarthNexuss
02.19.2013 , 09:41 AM | #119
I just reached Hero this morning (One level behind champ), i already hit the cap i use the purple trophy thingy and even if you stack lot of them you won't be able to get to champ(3 weeks is what you need for that) im 560/15000 out to get to champ,also i just read that the vendor will stay but if i stack lots of trophys i will need many you know (purple=1600 rep,blue=650 rep and green=420rep) so as i see it is pretty hard to get the rank to buy atleast one of thoose weapons,you'll need to stack lots of them with diferent alts and use them in the next two weeks aftaer the event as i see it.

Out of the topic: what happend to hood toogle??? also i want Kallig mask with hood like a lot of inquis want

MindfullOne
02.19.2013 , 10:47 AM | #120
I saw in a post saying the Gree vender would be up after the event. I sure hope the Gree Vander stays for good. I'm grinding 2 toons everyday to get the weapon I want. The last event to get a legacy weapon you didn't have to jump though as many hoops. I like that is is harder to get them but having to wait for a event to come back around to get a legacy(style) is to much.