Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why don't you stop damned cheating and hacking

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why don't you stop damned cheating and hacking

Quinlynn's Avatar


Quinlynn
02.11.2013 , 08:40 PM | #11
While there is an expertise trick, it involves using a companion and once you travel to another location it resets. As far as I know. I have only accidently encountered this when at a mod station on fleet making a piece for my companion. Once I travel it is gone so no idea how to replicate otherwise.

The lag you are describing could be a lag switch (lag hack) that players turn on to put other players around them in a state of non-actoin. Think of it as a way of controling the pace of the game. IE, they start an action, then hit the switch. Eventhough all of you are lagged out, there action will execute while you're left lagging not knowing what is going on. Like playing green light red light and your in control of the signals.

However all that said, it is most likely that it was a better geared team that came in after several peeps quit.

The lag? Well if it is a lag switch, it is difficult to detect without actively monitoring a specific player.

Most of the suspect game play for all online games occurs on weekend nights because that is a low staff / less trained staff time slot.

For me personally when I suspect such activity, just leave and re-queue. Not worth blowing a gasket over.

danielzig's Avatar


danielzig
02.11.2013 , 08:49 PM | #12
Yeah, I've had that happen too, when a player *seems* to be pretty much unkillable. And just today, while doing huttball, a player fell straight through the ground (ignoring geometry of the game) . A lot of the hackers have become more clever, so you won't notice what they'e doing unless you really pay attention. But it seems there are tons of different hacks out for this game.

Baalzamon's Avatar


Baalzamon
02.11.2013 , 09:48 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by danielzig View Post
Yeah, I've had that happen too, when a player *seems* to be pretty much unkillable. And just today, while doing huttball, a player fell straight through the ground (ignoring geometry of the game) . A lot of the hackers have become more clever, so you won't notice what they'e doing unless you really pay attention. But it seems there are tons of different hacks out for this game.
I have seen this hack alot of times players with no stealth just fall through the ground and you cant target them, same hack was in warhammer online.

Soulwave's Avatar


Soulwave
02.11.2013 , 10:28 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
Personally, I have never seen, nor heard, of this type of thing happening...and all I do is PvP, on two different servers no less.

You have video documented proof of this? Because that is what BW will need to take any sort of action whatsoever.
You a troll for the hackers and cheaters? Or do you just play blind?.. Bioware stated that they are on the hunt for cheaters.. Plus i have seen it for myself.. Players become unstoppable

So Overtone...Nice try

iDraxter's Avatar


iDraxter
02.11.2013 , 11:03 PM | #15
I try not to belive in hacks but seriously the only thing that makes me wonder is when an enemy crosses the last firetrap and suddenly goes 100meters+ underground(my PT is aiming at the floor can`t cast sht because of the insane range) and then target reappers 4-5 seconds after on the score line?......................LAG MY *** everybody else is moving normal but the ballcarrier REALLY? happend several times, once i wasn`t even alone but with a guy in voice chat! target had 15% hp left both me and him (sniper) was burning him down when all of a sudden poof gone->5secs later poof on scoreline we both got lag at the same time? we are from different countries

EDIT:
Quote: Originally Posted by Baalzamon View Post
I have seen this hack alot of times players with no stealth just fall through the ground and you cant target them, same hack was in warhammer online.
THIS^ is what i`m talking about
Firebat: Wanna turn up the heat?
It`s your money-but if I have spent as much time killing Jedi instead of your own kind...you might be winning this war

biguydeadd's Avatar


biguydeadd
02.11.2013 , 11:22 PM | #16
There was one assassin on the other team a few days ago,who during that warzone nearly every time he came near me i would lag ,almost freeze.These would always last until he'd killed me.No other enemy player had this effect on me,and 2 others on my team reported him due to the same thing.

So i haven't played that long,and already come across more than one cheater,doesn't say much for bw/ea anti cheat measures(of which there are none)
Do you say "could care less"? Please,for the love of god,watch this instructional video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw

DonCardinale's Avatar


DonCardinale
02.11.2013 , 11:26 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Quinlynn View Post
While there is an expertise trick, it involves using a companion and once you travel to another location it resets. As far as I know. I have only accidently encountered this when at a mod station on fleet making a piece for my companion. Once I travel it is gone so no idea how to replicate otherwise.

The lag you are describing could be a lag switch (lag hack) that players turn on to put other players around them in a state of non-actoin. Think of it as a way of controling the pace of the game. IE, they start an action, then hit the switch. Eventhough all of you are lagged out, there action will execute while you're left lagging not knowing what is going on. Like playing green light red light and your in control of the signals.

However all that said, it is most likely that it was a better geared team that came in after several peeps quit.

The lag? Well if it is a lag switch, it is difficult to detect without actively monitoring a specific player.

Most of the suspect game play for all online games occurs on weekend nights because that is a low staff / less trained staff time slot.

For me personally when I suspect such activity, just leave and re-queue. Not worth blowing a gasket over.
Unfortunately this was discussed a long time ago...applications like PunkBuster are null, and void due to the fact that the "Hero Engine" creates a base, but substantial amount of lag to begin with. PunkBuster in other games (IE Counterstrike, etc) monitors the client/server relationship. a certain amount of lag is assumed due to the range of connection speeds 'round the world from ISP's but if that latency exceeds a certain level, the client will be kicked from the game/server/match. That's one of the great things about PunkBuster-no lag switches. Also, since PVP is not hosted client side in SWTOR....nor is it in most any game these days, the use of a lag switch would only effect the connection of the person using it. They will "ghost" and it will be hard to track them, and even kill them most likely, but a lagswitch can not effect any other player's connection on either team due to the fact that the match, or instance is hosted on a server that everyone is independently connected to. Lag switches were a plague back in the original counter strike days, and even older FPS' like Jedi Knight, Quake etc...but not since the advance to hosting games on servers and not on the client's connection. If they are ever able to make the Hero Engine cooperate with DX 11, something like PunkBuster could certainly be implemented to monitor for things like lag switches or a modified client, but not now, and most likely not for a long time considering how "heavy" the engine actually is.

Moral of the story? If you are facing me and I use a lag switch, or "Net Limiter" as it is actually called, your connection to the server will not change, only mine, making it difficult to target, and actually keep dps on me since I will ghost all over.

DarthRaika's Avatar


DarthRaika
02.11.2013 , 11:37 PM | #18
There was one premade on my server that whenever they were in huttball about the first 30secs to 1min would be a huge lagfest and lo and behold they'd often get a score. Luckily they sucked though and if there was any premade on the other side then the cheaters would often end up losing but it was still obvious and crappy on their part.

Also, all I do is pvp and I witnessed this (both on their team and on the other team) over 20 times. I haven't seen them in a long time though.

KettleBelll's Avatar


KettleBelll
02.11.2013 , 11:47 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Desplain View Post

Do you think when I'm pulling someone over for driving to fast he would get away with it?
I find it frighting if you are actually a cop.

You don't have the smartz to be passing any kind of judgement. By no means should you have the ability to assign a ticket to anyone.

I hope that on some level you actually do understand that lag in this game does not mean the players you are against are cheating. I'm hoping you are just a Troll on an internet forum.

Monoth's Avatar


Monoth
02.11.2013 , 11:52 PM | #20
Get used to it as Bioware won't do anything about it.

People post videos of people hacking and months later these same people are still playing and hacking....
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile