Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

CC why dont all CC count towards resolve????????????????????

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
CC why dont all CC count towards resolve????????????????????

LarryRow
02.11.2013 , 07:42 AM | #11
Don't like roots when you have full resolve? Roll a spec that can clear movement impairment (combat sent, any operative, assault vanguard, shadow tank/hybrid, healer sage, etc...) or a sniper that stays put anyway.

You're welcome.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

kijthae
02.11.2013 , 08:39 AM | #12
Quote:
????????????????????
Thanks alot for making it easy for us to understand it is a question.

TUXs
02.11.2013 , 09:16 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post
i feel roots should

slows no

*** is the point of having a full resolve bar if i can be rooted in place and eat lightsabers the whole time until my resolve bar fades
100% THIS!!!!! NOTHING is more asinine.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

TUXs
02.11.2013 , 09:20 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Adding roots to resolve would require a massive nerf to melee DPS specs to balance it out.
I play 2 troopers, a Commando (yeah yeah, really funny) and a Vanguard. NEITHER have any roots...it's the leap to root that does me in 99% of the time. So please explain how this would require a nerf to melee?!??? I don't get this...
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Technohic
02.11.2013 , 09:24 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post
i feel roots should

slows no

*** is the point of having a full resolve bar if i can be rooted in place and eat lightsabers the whole time until my resolve bar fades
Unless something changed, you cannot be rooted when your resolve is full. At least thats what I thought.
Technohic - Sniper | Techno-Hic - Gunslinger | Cihonhcet - Scoundrel
Karnrage - Assassin | Egarnrak - Sage
Techen - Merc | Nehcet - Vanguard | Carnrage - Marauder | Egarnrac - Guardian
POT5

LarryRow
02.11.2013 , 09:31 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I play 2 troopers, a Commando (yeah yeah, really funny) and a Vanguard. NEITHER have any roots...it's the leap to root that does me in 99% of the time. So please explain how this would require a nerf to melee?!??? I don't get this...
Make a Knight and you will understand. Blowing a gap closer only to find your target is out of range when you land is not fun.

Edit: I'm an idiot. The root on force leap argument is the opposite of what I meant to say. What I meant to say is: make a melee character and see what happens to your dps when you get rooted. Now imagine how powerful you would be if that root didn't lock you down when you were white-barred.

Ultimately, the way roots and slows presently work is far too entwined with what little class balance we currently have. Changing that system would break a lot more than it would fix.
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Killtastrophe
02.11.2013 , 09:34 AM | #17
Played against a pre-made yesterday in a WZ.

It was a Sniper, Assassin, Sorcerer, Juggernaut.

Sniper Leg Shots me, 2 seconds later Unstoppable Hybrid Rage Jugg jumps on me for a Smash you can't dodge, Assassin opens up from Stealth behind me afterwards...

I think I had enough time in control of my character to pop one of the Sorcerer's bubbles then I couldn't move again.

Our current options are:

Wait for full resolve to pop CC breaker but you're going to die before that happens without pocket heals or all your defensive CDs popped before the first stun.

OR

Pop CC breaker early, get two hits in before you're stunned again with no breaker and die.

LarryRow
02.11.2013 , 09:37 AM | #18
So you got focused by three coordinated people and you're - what? - surprised you got gibbed? What was the rest of your team doing?
Quote:

Killtastrophe
02.11.2013 , 09:40 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
So you got focused by three coordinated people and you're - what? - surprised you got gibbed? What was the rest of your team doing?
I'd say losing but the current meta of this forum would require me to say loosing.

Technohic
02.11.2013 , 09:43 AM | #20
LOL you gotta love when you are the focus of a stunlock and your teamates who might be right around you, don't so much as even push someone off you.

An assist. Thats something just for healers or tanks protecting those healers to do I guess.
Technohic - Sniper | Techno-Hic - Gunslinger | Cihonhcet - Scoundrel
Karnrage - Assassin | Egarnrak - Sage
Techen - Merc | Nehcet - Vanguard | Carnrage - Marauder | Egarnrac - Guardian
POT5