Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Unicorn Stampede Superque Stalemate

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Jedi Covenant
Unicorn Stampede Superque Stalemate

mmerry's Avatar


mmerry
02.11.2013 , 02:21 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by OmniParadox View Post
Guess the alternative is to face tank a team of 4 smashers? I'm proud of this video because I kited the hell out of them in order to survive and didn't resort to something like bubble stun, which I have never even tried. The point of this video was never to whine that I'm getting focused as you seem to imply that I'm doing, it is to show how I believe healers who have odds stacked against them should play in order to be effective. I'd love to see your games where you get focused but apparently don't try to LoS or kite and come up with high numbers. Better yet, as I would love for anyone who tells me that I should play better do, queue with me, and then if you're so much better than me after the match is over you have the right to talk ****, and I will bow down in submission.
I out healed you in that huttball that one time I must be better than you.
Jedi covenant

Raspberry Poptart - Dot Spamming Sin <Postmortem>

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
02.11.2013 , 02:23 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by OmniParadox View Post
Guess the alternative is to face tank a team of 4 smashers? I'm proud of this video because I kited the hell out of them in order to survive and didn't resort to something like bubble stun, which I have never even tried. The point of this video was never to whine that I'm getting focused as you seem to imply that I'm doing, it is to show how I believe healers who have odds stacked against them should play in order to be effective. I'd love to see your games where you get focused but apparently don't try to LoS or kite and come up with high numbers. Better yet, as I would love for anyone who tells me that I should play better do, queue with me, and then if you're so much better than me after the match is over you have the right to talk ****, and I will bow down in submission.
I'll give you props for not hiding your identity on a server forum. honestly, I have to just ignore ppl who chime in w/o so much as a mention of who they are. waaay too easy to troll. love or hate troyy or the pd twins, they don't hide. if I were you, I wouldn't even bother with someone who won't even be clear about who s/he is. not on a server specific forum at any rate.
Krackerjäck VG | Krackerjak PT | Krackcommando | Deinon Merc | other stuff on Jedi Covenant.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Krayshawn's Avatar


Krayshawn
02.11.2013 , 02:28 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by sabbrina View Post
Nothing special about this vid, other than to poke a hot iron into a beehive and stir up more crap.It's nothing more than i encounter on a daily basis on my healer. Healers gonna get focused(or should) premade or not, just the way it goes, so you got some nice healing hiding behind a pole the entire 1st 1/2...congrats?
I have recently become a tank on my jug and can tell the good healers from the bad. You sir sound ignorant.

If you are one of those who think face tanking works as a healer, you are wrong. It pains me (literally) to guard a healer who is standing in front of the door in VS while defending. You may have a guard on you, but, guess what? I die first .

I spam AoE snares, utilize my AoE mez when i know the situation is getting hairy, and taunt DPS off Cool down.

On a lighter note, well done simple! I would love to see you flashing around that IBG guild tag every once and a while .
The Krayshawn Legacy:
Krayshawn - Vanguard El'Diablo - 29/12/0 Jug
Mufasa, GM : <Hakuna Matata> - Jedi Covenant

sabbrina's Avatar


sabbrina
02.11.2013 , 03:57 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by OmniParadox View Post
Guess the alternative is to face tank a team of 4 smashers? I'm proud of this video because I kited the hell out of them in order to survive and didn't resort to something like bubble stun, which I have never even tried. The point of this video was never to whine that I'm getting focused as you seem to imply that I'm doing, it is to show how I believe healers who have odds stacked against them should play in order to be effective. I'd love to see your games where you get focused but apparently don't try to LoS or kite and come up with high numbers. Better yet, as I would love for anyone who tells me that I should play better do, queue with me, and then if you're so much better than me after the match is over you have the right to talk ****, and I will bow down in submission.
I am not asking you to play any other way than what you are playing, i was just pointing out that this is a direct poke at US, which i could also give 2 ***** less about. I guess RG has lost alot of members and this is a fail attempt to get back into the spotlight. I have played with and against you, was even a member of your guild for a brief time. And i in no way implied that you were a bad player or that your numbers werent just, just explaining in my own opinion, that this is what effective healers do on a daily basis

Partygurl's Avatar


Partygurl
02.11.2013 , 04:25 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
I'll give you props for not hiding your identity on a server forum. honestly, I have to just ignore ppl who chime in w/o so much as a mention of who they are. waaay too easy to troll. love or hate troyy or the pd twins, they don't hide. if I were you, I wouldn't even bother with someone who won't even be clear about who s/he is. not on a server specific forum at any rate.
PD twins? Hmmmmm are we talking about hmm?
Prime-Defense
Post Mortem-DUH

OmniParadox's Avatar


OmniParadox
02.11.2013 , 04:34 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by sabbrina View Post
I am not asking you to play any other way than what you are playing, i was just pointing out that this is a direct poke at US, which i could also give 2 ***** less about. I guess RG has lost alot of members and this is a fail attempt to get back into the spotlight. I have played with and against you, was even a member of your guild for a brief time. And i in no way implied that you were a bad player or that your numbers werent just, just explaining in my own opinion, that this is what effective healers do on a daily basis
I love how you imply that RG was ever in the spotlight as far as pvp goes. We have never formed a ranked team because we are a pve based guild, and the several good pvpers we have do it for fun and aren't too serious about it as making pvp better doesn't seem to be bioware's priority. This has nothing to do with RG being in the spotlight. And honestly this isn't a direct poke at US. If we played any other 8 man premade this video could have just as easily been named Uncensored Superqueue Stalemate (though I'm not sure if they superqueue). Not once in this forum will you see me putting down US in any way. Honestly Troyy handled this thread better than most people who thought they needed to drop their opinion in. What makes this match different than any other is that it was against an 8 man premade of a pvp guild. And to be honest, I doubt most healers would've handled it the way I did. Which apparently isn't impressive. Also don't worry about our member base, we're doing fine. We've lost maybe 3 important people in the last few months and have gained plenty of people to replace them. You are speaking out of turn.
Simple (Republic Gentlemen)

OmniParadox's Avatar


OmniParadox
02.11.2013 , 04:52 PM | #27
On a lighter note. Thank you to everyone who's being supportive. I assume that everyone here trying to troll is either in Unicorn Stampede and is trying to defend their honor (which I'm not challenging), didn't actually watch the video all the way through, or just has some grudge against me that I'm unaware of. (or any other egotistical "I can do better" reason).

Also, Krayshawn. Sadly I'm the sole member of IBG. And currently have higher priorities (and am kinda lazy) than trying to revive it with my alt. (yay college) However I do love when anyone recognizes the guildtag, and plan to keep wearing it. Who knows, maybe one day IBG will return to its former glory, though for now I have more important rl things to worry about :P
Simple (Republic Gentlemen)

Partygurl's Avatar


Partygurl
02.11.2013 , 05:41 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Krayshawn View Post
I have recently become a tank on my jug and can tell the good healers from the bad. You sir sound ignorant.

If you are one of those who think face tanking works as a healer, you are wrong. It pains me (literally) to guard a healer who is standing in front of the door in VS while defending. You may have a guard on you, but, guess what? I die first .

I spam AoE snares, utilize my AoE mez when i know the situation is getting hairy, and taunt DPS off Cool down.

On a lighter note, well done simple! I would love to see you flashing around that IBG guild tag every once and a while .
Agreed... Healers that face tank are retarded. I used to be always aoe spec and learned to kite and heal that way from launch and be told I can be a pain to kill. It's take practice. But with stun bubbles survivability is better of course. I hate watching healers who allow their tank to die but anyways simple good job and I miss IBG also lol.
Prime-Defense
Post Mortem-DUH

Krayshawn's Avatar


Krayshawn
02.11.2013 , 06:20 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by OmniParadox View Post
On a lighter note. Thank you to everyone who's being supportive. I assume that everyone here trying to troll is either in Unicorn Stampede and is trying to defend their honor (which I'm not challenging), didn't actually watch the video all the way through, or just has some grudge against me that I'm unaware of. (or any other egotistical "I can do better" reason).

Also, Krayshawn. Sadly I'm the sole member of IBG. And currently have higher priorities (and am kinda lazy) than trying to revive it with my alt. (yay college) However I do love when anyone recognizes the guildtag, and plan to keep wearing it. Who knows, maybe one day IBG will return to its former glory, though for now I have more important rl things to worry about :P
Give me Jake, Zeph, and Nagooglian, I'll be enamored once more.
The Krayshawn Legacy:
Krayshawn - Vanguard El'Diablo - 29/12/0 Jug
Mufasa, GM : <Hakuna Matata> - Jedi Covenant

TMurdaJedi's Avatar


TMurdaJedi
02.11.2013 , 08:05 PM | #30
Simple.. gg.

And sabrina.. who are you? We never had anyone named Sabrina in the guild.. People who don't name themselves in their forum sig aren't worthy of opinions in a thread like this.. especially when you put my guild's name in your mouth.

Much love to US.. and IBG.

And while I'm at it LD50 too since I saw their name mentioned.
Murda
Guild Master <Republic Gentlemen>
Jedi Covenant
Alts: Buh'zinga, Medikal, Miister, Adrum, & Felöny