Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

(Spoiler!) Does 'Darth Malgus' Die?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
(Spoiler!) Does 'Darth Malgus' Die?

HANSY
02.10.2013 , 02:45 PM | #1
Hello Fellow SWTOR players! I was originally introduced to SWTOR when i watched the first cinematic trailer; Decived. In it was the coolest Sith Lord i had ever seen, (minus Revan) Darth Malgus. He was a big part of the reason why I purchased SWTOR. Then, after hitting level 50, i had to kill him... :/
However, in an unbugged run, you don't actually kill him. Once his health dropps to around 25% he becomes invincible and you have to push him off the edge of his throne room, very similarly to Sidious and Maul in the original saga. However, more like Maul, you don't see an explosion of Force energy when he falls. Maul was cut in half and thrown into a simular pit but survived.
So here is my question: Does Darth Malgus survive?
There is every reason to believe that Bio-Ware has something planned for Malgus, as you don't actually see him die. "No body, no crime." But i want to know what you guys think post below!

Tahrl
02.10.2013 , 04:50 PM | #2
If you don't see a body, then the odds are they are coming back (and sometimes even with a body)!
"Weakling! You will never reach your potential if you falter at the slightest obstacle. Beyond that wall lies your destiny. Beyond that wall lies the full power of the dark side. If you do not have the strength to reach it, then you do not deserve to become a Sith sorcerer!"

thomasbaxter
02.10.2013 , 06:15 PM | #3
Yeah it's left ambiguous but I think the star wars canon is that he is dead as it signifies the dawn of the new Empire (just my take on it obviously)

saremun
02.10.2013 , 06:54 PM | #4
i just wish they bring him back too, i followed the journey in Ilum until he defected and i actually believe in what he says about the empire being weak because of the idiots who rule it plus Aliens are strength not low life as some Sith believe etc...

so i really hope they will bring him back and give us the option to join him instead of killing him again, iam sure 85% wouldn't kill him if they had the chance.

HANSY
02.10.2013 , 08:44 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by thomasbaxter View Post
Yeah it's left ambiguous but I think the star wars canon is that he is dead as it signifies the dawn of the new Empire (just my take on it obviously)
They might have left it 'Ambiguous' to give themselfes wiggle-room. They now have the option to bring him back.

DarthVitrial
02.10.2013 , 11:05 PM | #6
He's dead, it's possible to kill him without knocking him off the ledge.

Philelectric
02.10.2013 , 11:19 PM | #7
According to The Book of the Siths he die. maybe not when you push him down but he die. Otherwise nobody would have been able to get a part of his diary.
Guarding a healer is not only the job the the skill ''guard''. It is also your job to stay around the healer to be a plague for the people attacking the healer.

Zaxem
02.10.2013 , 11:21 PM | #8
i'm just gonna keep telling myself he's still alive some how because it's way to early in the game to kill him imo anways i think he should of died in a operation as a raid boss
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

BrianDavion
02.10.2013 , 11:34 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Philelectric View Post
According to The Book of the Siths he die. maybe not when you push him down but he die. Otherwise nobody would have been able to get a part of his diary.
Yes I think it's a safe bet that sometime in the next 3600 years Malgus dies

Fiamma_Verde
02.11.2013 , 12:22 AM | #10
I dunno, I've had a few marauders force leap just as he was going over the edge. They've assured me that he is in fact dead. :P