Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do you need to seek permission?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do you need to seek permission?

Eldriq
02.09.2013 , 09:26 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by KariTalRathe View Post
My take is, if someone is fighting near a node then I go to the next one. I will check back and see if they have taken the cache/blown the box up as sometimes they may have completed these missions and only need the mobs. But no I generally wouldn't interfere as you did, but it is players like you that mean we have to go for the node first, rather than do the sensible thing and kill the mobs first.

I suspect you know you were being a little selfish, especially in the first instance, but I would never dream of whispering my disapproval at you if you did it around me. Though you might hear me mutter "Jerk" under my breath
This ^^^^^. Pretty simple as a lot of people have said if someone is fighting that mob they are most likely going for that node otherwise they probably would not be there give it a minute or just move on. This is not that complicated just be respectful if you are in line to get something do you just run the to the front knock the guys teeth out and say well I am the strongest so I can go first? No because there are consequences to your action unfortunately in an MMO we can't really do anything to you so people feel free to do what they want.
El'drik - Sorcerer- War Hero - Harbinger Server Care Bear/White Knight
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. Friedrich Nietzsche

Voxx_Voltaare
02.09.2013 , 09:36 PM | #22
It comes down to how you want to play. You can be courteous and move on to the next one or just go in and grab whatever you want and be a male appendage protruding from the pelvic region(hope I don't get banned for that).

It's like people who will at all costs try and get ahead of you in a merge while driving. I'm not able to change their behavior and the only thing I have control over is how I react to it. I can either let it piss me off or I can just let it go. Same thing in this game. Act like how you'd like to be treated and don't sweat the jerks.

Try as I might to follow my own advice there have been times where I have let people get under my skin. Like this one time when I was doing my dailies on Section X and there's this one place where a loot chest is guarded by a mob of beasts. It's only accessible from one direction, I'm sure you know the place. So I had just cleared the mob and I'm picking up the drops. I'm about 10-15m from the loot box and I see someone racing up the incline towards the box, and I say to myself that this guy is making a run for the box. I was like hell naw and jet boosted to the box and started accessing a split second before this guy does. Of course the loot was lousy but maybe a good 7-8k worth of creds/gear. So I speed off to my next objective and here comes the whispers. "Hey a**hole you totally stole that box from me!" Against better judgment I was compelled to ask back if he had not seen me standing there in the middle of a freshly slaughtered mob and start making my way to the loot box. Of course he proceeded to claim to not having seem me and that I somehow raced up behind him and beat him to the box, lol. I mean really, what are ya gonna do with these people"
The Voltaare Legacy /// Harbinger
Ætheriä - SentinelDöctör-Stränge - Scoundrel

SithKoriandr
02.09.2013 , 09:36 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
I was unaware of the instance when common courtesy gets tossed out of the window because the player did not click the item first.

That is one of the lamest excuses for inconsiderate behavior that I have ever seen.
So, I take it you don't pick dark side options at all, as that is exactly what some of them are.

Or are you speaking strictly from a player to player perspective. In which, first off, it was a bit of RPish reason, second off, I thought it was obviously a comment made as a joke.

If I see someone fighting mobs nears what I want as well. I either wait and see if they grab it or move on. If the players are just going to stand there and stand there some more, I'll grab the item (and you can tell if they're healing up, because all classes have a healing emote). If I see them just going mob to mob without grabbing any of the items, I'll grab the items. If they're fighting mobs, grabbing the items and moving on, I go find my own mobs.

In fact, most of the time, if I see them fighting mobs near an item, I just bypass them and go to the next group, but if you look back and see them skipping them, yes, take the item.

KillaDeuce
02.09.2013 , 09:43 PM | #24
LOL, everyone ignores the simple logic of course.
Situational Awareness: improve your Unranked WZ experience
Charric - sniper - POT5 / Bastion
Verbäl - PT - POT5 / Bastion

Aelther
02.09.2013 , 09:47 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
I was unaware of the instance when common courtesy gets tossed out of the window because the player did not click the item first.
There is no "courtesy" in a modern MMO. You either click asap yourself or watch someone else click it for you.

ziphii
02.09.2013 , 09:59 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
There is no "courtesy" in a modern MMO. You either click asap yourself or watch someone else click it for you.
That may be true, but it will never change unless we start being the change. Just sayin'

SithKoriandr
02.09.2013 , 10:03 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by ziphii View Post
That may be true, but it will never change unless we start being the change. Just sayin'
Honestly, is it really that big of a problem? Or is it getting blown out of proportion from a poster because it just happened to them?

I have run into someone just taking the item I was clearing around first, one time. I've only run into one pug member who clicked need on every item.

Is it that it happens a lot, or people can't handle that it happened to them the once in a blue moon that it happened, or have I just gotten lucky with PuGs and random quests not to have that problem?

TheBBP
02.09.2013 , 10:06 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
Courtesy is a choice. As-is the "me-first" selfishness mentality.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

SamuraBob_Fl
02.09.2013 , 10:07 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Honestly, is it really that big of a problem? Or is it getting blown out of proportion from a poster because it just happened to them?

I have run into someone just taking the item I was clearing around first, one time. I've only run into one pug member who clicked need on every item.

Is it that it happens a lot, or people can't handle that it happened to them the once in a blue moon that it happened, or have I just gotten lucky with PuGs and random quests not to have that problem?
I've had it happen to me several times in one night. Remember, not every quest objective/chest can be practically accessed in combat.
...they'd never come to see me in this dive, where bikers stare at cowboys, who are laughing at the hippies, who are praying they'll get out of here alive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bplt6CQ3MyE

DMOMO
02.09.2013 , 10:10 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Asavar View Post
It's called courtesy, and when some moron takes one I'm fighting to get near, I follow them purposely waiting for them to get in combat and take theirs.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Sometimes, if I'm in the mood, I'll follow them for a bunch of quests.
"They always lock the door. You’d think they’d have learned by now. Doesn’t look like there’s a key – that would be too easy. The console to unlock the door is probably hidden in some room twelve floors up or something… how does that make sense?"
―Kyle Katarn