Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Bank

snoopdogbaby
02.09.2013 , 06:06 PM | #1
I don't know if this has been brought up before but this would be a fantastic implementation. I'm talking about a server-wide inventory menu where you can store commendations, money, items (such as resources) so that if I chose to put in 100 daily commendations on one character and 100 on another into this bank, I can have one character withdraw 200 and buy something worthwhile with it.

This'd also be fantastically useful for a quick way to put your credits/items somewhere safe before you delete a character or before they go inactive (for preferred/F2P players) so that your active characters could make use of them, instead of having to mail them (and there have been a couple of times where I have mistyped a name because I was in such a rush.).

I have 11 characters, and 4 of them are off of the capital world. 2 are level 50, one is level 37, one is level 20. I can't even express how irritating it is that I cannot transfer their leftover commendations from the capital worlds to newer characters to buy something that would actually help them.

Only problem I foresee is that it'd take some tweaking of the whole binding system. I don't think stuff should be changed to bind to legacy for this idea (I actually do, but that's for another thread). We can still keep cargo holds for BoP stuff and such. On top of that, you would have to put some sort of "bound to imperial characters" and "bound to republic characters" thing on starter/capital world commendations.

That's it. Thoughts?

Jasil
02.10.2013 , 08:14 AM | #2
Alternatively, change the flags on all commendation bought items from "bind on pickup" to "bind to legacy". This was you could buy stuff on one character and mail them to the other.

Brent-Starkiller
02.10.2013 , 03:27 PM | #3
i like this idea.
Shields can't repel the magnitude of the fact that Han shot first!
ị▓]]]]ị!▐i ˚ ▐!▓ק//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

snoopdogbaby
02.10.2013 , 03:29 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Jasil View Post
Alternatively, change the flags on all commendation bought items from "bind on pickup" to "bind to legacy". This was you could buy stuff on one character and mail them to the other.
True, but this is for more than just commendation-related stuff. The idea is to merge comm amounts so that one character can get, say, 300 commendations spread throughout all of your characters and buy something with it.

Though alternatively, they could make everything in the game that's not bind on equip, bind to legacy and then make commendations tradeable (to characters in the legacy) but part of me just likes the feature more than the function. A legacy bank would be cool. They could put terminals in the same place that the guild banks are in.

snoopdogbaby
02.15.2013 , 06:23 PM | #5
Bump.

obydon
02.17.2013 , 11:00 PM | #6
I think the comms consolidation and the legacy wide bank would be a great idea . too many times i have played the log in shuffle . to get crafting mats from one toon to another .to be able to make a mod weapon or armor gear . just my two cents ..

BIG BUMP ! ! !

snoopdogbaby
02.18.2013 , 05:34 PM | #7
Make it happen!

VixenBelle
03.14.2013 , 09:36 AM | #8
I was going to suggest a legacy bank; however, I would love it to be able to store crafting materials. Any of your legacy can deposit crafting materials into it and their companions can withdraw materials as necessary. It is frustrating to shift through toons to see if you might have the needed components to make an item.

AussieAlan
03.14.2013 , 11:47 AM | #9
Excellent, but would be better if it also was like cargo bay, so you can share all stuff, not just comms and money.

I was thinking of getting people into a group then leave just so i can make a guild to store all my stuff.

KingpinDragon
03.14.2013 , 02:28 PM | #10
/signed