No Companion needed for Heroic Moment

CharlieMitchell

Now I understand that using heroic moments in PvP might be OP, regardless of the long cooldown. However, I think being able to use heroic moment abilities in PvE wouldnt be OP at all. I don't think getting to use your legacies abilities once every 15-20min isn't anything game breaking.

I can solo many champions at level when I use lightning, choke, flamethrower (particularly in the lower levels). I can only imagine that a full group of four doing it would be incredibly OP. Heroic moments are great solo and duo to get through tough moments when AI just limits appropriate strategy, but the healing and damage given by Heroic Moment is just too powerful (in my opinion) to give a full group unrestricted ... can't even imagine the power of an ops group letting off all their HM's.

Except that the difficulty of FPs and OPs is set to what characters can accomplish.

Having a minute of bigger attacks and health regen would make boss fights either a joke or unwinable every man without using a heroic moment.

Ten stack dreadtooth is hard enough without requiring all 24 players using heroic moment with minimum of 6 of the 8 classes bonus attacks.

Well part of the reason I would like this change is cosmetic. I rarely do daily quests, so at level 50, when the majority of my time is spent in groups doing PvE, I never get to use my heroic moment and therefore never get to use my awesome legacy abilities.

The legacy abilities themselves all have a 10 minute cooldown as well. So in one heroic moment duration, you could only use each of your legacy abilites one time. Do you think it is still overpowered if everyone in a group where allowed to use each of their legacy abilities one time during a fight?

I just feel like at level 50 I never get to use the abilities I worked so hard to get, and I wish there was a way to allow me to use all my legacy ability unlocks.

Edited by CharlieMitchell

No.

If you have several level 50s, doing it without a companion would make you obscenely powerful, and near-invincible. It'd let you solo heroic bosses, flashpoint bosses, etc.

Plus, it would be exploited and used in operations. idk about you but having everybody in an 8 man group spam legacy force leap, flame thrower, and legacy kick to the coin purse on Gharj, Soa, Kephess, Karagga robot, etc. would completely defeat the purpose of a DPS requirement. It'd make said bosses defeat-able by undergeared teammates.

I think it's like that for a reason.

Also, heroic moment abilities aren't meant for level 50s to use, they're meant for level 15s to use when they get their heroic moment ability. It's the same thing as demonstrating your blankblank legacy. It's meant to be a memento for leveling a different class to 50. So even if you don't have use for them at endgame, that doesn't make them useless.

Edited by snoopdogbaby