Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.7 going live on 2/12

SteelsBrighter
02.08.2013 , 04:50 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
So same as usual with the PTS testing.
I'm at the point of thinking that they fired everyone who knew how to utilize the PTS.
Server: Previously Darth Bandon, Xferred to The Shadowlands
Allegiance: Imperial

Redsnow Legacy: Steelus - Juggernaut \ Ephyris - Sorceror

TUXs
02.08.2013 , 04:52 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DaRoamer View Post
Do people actually think that just because it doesn't go on the PTS that they don't actually test stuff? They have had people testing this at their facility for a while. Without character copies there won't be many people capable of testing this properly on PTS anyway.
It's not that we don't think they don't test it...it's that thousands of people testing an update is 100x's better than just a group of locals.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

chuixupu
02.08.2013 , 04:52 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SteelsBrighter View Post
I'm at the point of thinking that they fired everyone who knew how to utilize the PTS.
I don't see how they'd need a "PTS specific" team. The server tech is essentially the same.

Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
It's not that we don't think they don't test it...it's that thousands of people testing an update is 100x's better than just a group of locals.
I don't think there was even a thousand people on the PTS server when they had the character copy option available and various rewards for 1.3. That's part of the problem.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

FrogSkin
02.08.2013 , 04:52 PM | #14
Id say Bioware have upped their internal testing teams for ROHC and therefore this was tested with that extended team.

Didnt they advertise a month ago they wanted part time testers?

My guess is they are the people that did the testing.

Also putting on PTS hasn't proven to be that successfully anyway, you only have to look at the last 3 major patches and the number of bugs the PTS testing didn't identify.

Mugen_no_Jidai
02.08.2013 , 04:55 PM | #15
Well that was...unexpected. We'll see how this pans out.

Quote: Originally Posted by FrogSkin View Post
Also putting on PTS hasn't proven to be that successfully anyway, you only have to look at the last 3 major patches and the number of bugs the PTS testing didn't identify.
To be fair, testing did often identify a number of bugs that I read reports about, bugs which still managed to make it to live every time a patch was on the PTS.

Aehwe
02.08.2013 , 05:00 PM | #16
*facedesks* After all the failures with previous patches... After the gigantic f***up with 1.2... They still haven't learned a damn thing... A major patch like 1.7 straight out on live servers.... I might aswell not log in the first couple weeks...

Why Bioware, WHY? Have you no sense left? The only senseable thing that can cause this would be that you're gonna push for Makeb to make it to PTS next week. CUZ BIOWARE! THAT REALLY NEEDS TESTING ON PTS!!!
Legionnaires
Venitous Juggernaut Vuspo Assassin Aillynn Mercenary Theyla Guardian

DaRoamer
02.08.2013 , 05:01 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I haven't seen thousands of people testing since probably the first time they copies characters over. The last patch that was on PTS there were barely 50 people on the fleet, if that.

metwars
02.08.2013 , 05:02 PM | #18
I have a feeling there is no testing to keep the event somewhat a surprise

Icebergy
02.08.2013 , 05:05 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by metwars View Post
I have a feeling there is no testing to keep the event somewhat a surprise
This is what I thought too, but damn doesn't the rep system etc need to be tested? I would think so...
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

dipstik
02.08.2013 , 05:07 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by DaRoamer View Post
I haven't seen thousands of people testing since probably the first time they copies characters over. The last patch that was on PTS there were barely 50 people on the fleet, if that.
because it was only for grade 7 space missions (which no one pts has) and PvP... which requires a lot of ppl for fast queues, and since copies were limitied for that test, not many people coule get queue pops.

but yeah, they dont put eventas on the pts cuz they like the suprise factor. rak event and gree events were never on pts.