Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.7 going live on 2/12

Rafaman
02.09.2013 , 09:21 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Shwarzchild View Post
Buh bye! Can I haz your stuff?! Seriously though, I hate this mentality. This is entertainment, if you are not entertained do not pay or do not play! Simple! It's not like you just hate your left leg or something. If you did, yes you'd be stuck. But, this is a game! Life is too short to be so upset with a game.

To the person who responded to me and said that character copies don't allow for what gear you have is this true? can someone verify this? That seems a tad bit weird. If you copy something, you copy the detail of it as well which would include gear.
FYI, I was part of the group that had character copies done waaaay back when. And no it is not true. Character copies are an exact copy of your character when the copy is executed. This includes every aspect of your character inlcuding inventory and gear. In fact, I now wish I could mail some creds over from my PTS toon to my live server toon... I used to be rich.

Anyway, I wanted to clarify. Your End Game gear will be there for you once you log in to the PTS.

Oh, one more thing. We should rename the PTS server to the Public Preview Server. That is in fact what peeps do. There are few that really do any testing. And now with open character copies more players will jump on the server to get their little preview with little or no thought of wringing out the content or environment.

Whining about the lack of testing on the PTS is ridiculous because peeps don't use it to test... lets just be honest about that.

Tando-Fett
02.09.2013 , 09:28 AM | #92
Very cool update - is this Event going to be permanent? I have a LVL 42 character, who is still on Hoth - haven't reached Ilum yet!

Awesome that they're patching it in the morning, SWTOR should be back up after lunch here in Europe. ^^

Spartanik
02.09.2013 , 11:59 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by theborch View Post
Yeah, I don't understand the no PTS. Every major patch they have released has had a wide range of bugs and that was after atleast a week of PTS. I don't get how they think it will be ok without any testing.
Maybe because PTS as proved to not be reliable at all.
Maybe they can filter and then fix the bugs more efficiently once the pacth as come live.
In anycase i dont remember ever them testing any event on the PTS.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

islander
02.09.2013 , 01:08 PM | #94
This just confirms what we all knew, PTS is worthless - we provide feedback, it gets ignored, and every patch is a train wreck despite we testers best efforts.
Ǵllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

sandisrd
02.09.2013 , 01:16 PM | #95
Hi,

I got question, for example if I'm level 43 character can I participate in coming event, I mean can I survive there or only level 50 is most likest level to be for that event?

Thank you!.
Collector's edition owner
''I do not believe in the false stories of the evils of the Sith Empire, they're nothing compared to the oppression and stagnation that the Republic represents at it's core!''

Karquile
02.09.2013 , 01:26 PM | #96
I'm not surprised at the precipitate release of 1.7. Concurrents are shrinking again - the post F2P surge may finally be fading, and this title is on a short leash nowadays. Major releases always boost the numbers. I think they'd rather take the heat for bugs than risk further attrition. We'll see how it goes.
Welcome to the Public Test Server! / PTS Forum Guidelines
Friendly testing guilds to join: Primus (Republic) and Alpha (Empire).
Chat with other testers in-game: /cjoin Test
PTS Ventrilo server! gametest.typefrag.com port 23300

islander
02.09.2013 , 01:35 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Karquile View Post
I'm not surprised at the precipitate release of 1.7. Concurrents are shrinking again - the post F2P surge may finally be fading, and this title is on a short leash nowadays. Major releases always boost the numbers. I think they'd rather take the heat for bugs than risk further attrition. We'll see how it goes.
Considering the bugs still in the game a year later, yeah.

I mean I always thought pure F2P was just a bit too restrictive.
Ǵllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

JimG
02.09.2013 , 01:54 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by SteelsBrighter View Post
I smell weeks of bugs ahead with no PTS testing.
Yep. I've got a bad feeling about this.....

BadOrb
02.09.2013 , 01:57 PM | #99
All these pages for this subject ? Phew , anyways it's an event , events don't ever go on the PTS. Also if you are worried about bugs then don't play in the first few hours and read the forums. The character transfer is for Makeb testing. I guess you can't please everybody or even anyone it seems.

oops iv'e actually added to this long pointless thread , iv'e been tarnished and I also took the bait , meh.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

Dawginole
02.09.2013 , 02:02 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Karquile View Post
They just reported over a $100 million profit off the CM market since release. The game is no longer about numbers because it is no longer dependent on subscriptions. You have to change how you think of this game and success. If there are only 100k players and they are hitting their numbers through CM then BW/EA are going to be happy.
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.