Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Episode I better than II or III

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Episode I better than II or III

Smashbrother
02.10.2013 , 01:16 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Brent-Starkiller View Post
That is some seriously funny and truthful ****. I'm watching the ep 2 review now lol.

Arkerus
02.10.2013 , 10:29 AM | #13
All 3 are equal parts of awful and terrible. Probably some of the worst acting and directing I have seen in major box office films. Red letter media already covered it so I don't need to go into detail.

(In defense of the actors, they were working from a garbage script.). George Lucas was and always has been a hack. The original trilogy was saved by his friends who took out his ridiculous ideas. They were given next to no credit.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Wolfninjajedi
02.10.2013 , 11:26 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
All 3 are equal parts of awful and terrible. Probably some of the worst acting and directing I have seen in major box office films. Red letter media already covered it so I don't need to go into detail.

(In defense of the actors, they were working from a garbage script.). George Lucas was and always has been a hack. The original trilogy was saved by his friends who took out his ridiculous ideas. They were given next to no credit.
You forgot to put "In my opinion" in that post. Believe it or not, not everyone is wired the same way, and it might be more shocking to know that they can form their own opinions about things rather then having their opinions formed by someone else.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Smashbrother
02.10.2013 , 12:25 PM | #15

The point of entertainment--which is what a movie is--should be to entertain. I was entertained watching the prequels so it got it's job done. Not every movie needs to be Citizen Kane.

Master-Nala
02.10.2013 , 12:34 PM | #16
I think Episode I is better than 2, but not better than 3. The Revenge of the Sith suffered by being stuck wtih the plots of 1, 2, 4, 5, 6. We knew pretty much how it was going to go down and it was just a matter of letting it happen. Episode III did that competently. By contrast Episode I was the least constrained of the prequels and it shows. Episode II really suffered from having to do too much in too short a timeframe.
Republic Level 55s - Alana, Rickta, Nal'aa, Alan, Myschal, Sinbad, Frank'lin, Angiola, Vesnas & Nightsail
Imp Level 55s - Palatine, Ztephanie, Frank-lin, Ka'Mate, Chisami, Azureraven, Curiosi-dux, Vodoun

hyperdragon
02.10.2013 , 01:02 PM | #17
I think that if you know a little bit about what happens before and after the movies they make alot more sense, like the blockade of naboo, that wasn't explained in the movie but it was explained in books. The Clone Wars (tv show) fills in alot about the events between two and three, like anakin's gradual fall to the dark side, if you just go watch the movies and nothing else, he falls almost immediately. The TV show goes in depth on it. Also: the prequels have so much time elapsing between each movie and the original trilogy didn't have those big gaps in time.

I like to view the prequels more as the rise of the emperor because he was controlling both sides of everything, he got the no confidence vote on Vallorum and won supreme chancellor, he was granted emergency powers (among other acts and laws between the movies), and in the end he pretty much had effective rule over everything, the most powerful jedi known, and a clone army at his command.

Just because it "doesn't make sense" doesn't mean you have to tell everyone else it sucks and have to change their opinion to match your's.

Arkerus
02.10.2013 , 02:10 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
The point of entertainment--which is what a movie is--should be to entertain. I was entertained watching the prequels so it got it's job done. Not every movie needs to be Citizen Kane.
And I was not entertained because they were terrible. None of them even make sense when paired up against the original three.

All the comments made in movie and character judgements the viewer (a reasonable viewer) created when they watched the original trilogy don't make a bit of sense when paired against the new movies. The clunky dialogue, the complete butchering of Anakin and the absolute stupidly of the Jedi order is mind numbingly difficult to watch.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Wolfninjajedi
02.10.2013 , 02:13 PM | #19
And I was not entertained because it they were terrible. None of them even make sense when paired up against the original three.
?? Made sense to me.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Smashbrother
02.10.2013 , 06:22 PM | #20
And I was not entertained because it they were terrible. None of them even make sense when paired up against the original three.
This is just stupid. Why do you feel the need to compare them to the originals.

If we compared every movie we've ever watched and will watch to the best movies that were ever made, nothing would be considered good. But that's simply not true.

And the movies made enough sense that a kid could follow it, so if you couldn't make sense of it's barebones plot/characterization, I dunno what to tell you.