Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Would you support being able to change armors colors

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Would you support being able to change armors colors

02.08.2013 , 08:16 AM | #41
Fully supported being able to change colour of your armour !!! I want black for my smuggler

02.08.2013 , 08:21 AM | #42
I would support this as well. Just, lets not go crazy with the color selection.

02.09.2013 , 08:19 AM | #43
yes i would suport the idea, in fact i have already done so in the 10+ threads about the same ..... maybe next time suport one of the existing threads in stead of creating a new one?
"Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"

02.09.2013 , 10:28 AM | #44
Everyone in this thread should do some research. Here are some things for you to read.
Make sure you read question 14 in the interview from Dulfy, then look at the highlighted portion of the dev post

Phantom and Spymaster gear changes | 01.09.2013, 09:50 AM
Hey, guys --

We care a lot about the fact that you care about the appearances of your characters. In fact, the Mod system is my baby, largely because it allows players to customize their appearance to your liking. We have another, similar, one of my babies coming in the near future, which will allow even greater customization (you guys may have seen me hinted about it in recent interviews). Short form: this is real important to me, and we're not happy that we've created a situation that makes people unhappy. We didn't think through the ramifications of the bugfix that we've made, and we're acutely aware of the financial angle (cartel coins as well as in-game credits on the GTN) involved.

We are still discussing potential fixes to the issue -- and there will be fixes -- but there are ramifications to all fixes. Players should keep in mind that previously, we had players who were upset in the other direction. We have a couple of directions that we can go, but we need to explore a couple of things, and regardless, it is not a fix that can happen instantaneously. I do think we can get something in a patch very soon.

We are pretty sure we can avoid a solution that forces players to spend additional cartel coins, and I'm not interested in letting a situation linger that leaves the player's faith in what we are offering on the cartel market in a reduced state. It is incredibly important to me, and the rest of the SW:TOR team, that players have a high degree of confidence in the market as a whole, and how we deal with issues like this. This has been a learning experience for us, and won't happen again.

In short: we'll fix this. Give us a little time to do so.

Damion Schubert
Lead Designer, SWTOR
"You know spies, a bunch of *****y little girls!"

02.09.2013 , 11:04 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Monkeyshi View Post
I'd support customizing costumes. City nof Heroes had the best costume creator. Ever.
If BW implemented something like that I'd be for it. Most likely, however, it will be more like guild wars, or involve the CM. I'm not sure if I'd want them putting that much effort and resources into it, then.

02.09.2013 , 11:11 AM | #46
I remember in Star Wars Galaxies you could apply a 'paint job' to your mounts.

And, you could go to a 'barber shop' to change appearance. I know this has been mentioned.

Player cities
Player housing
Player bounties
Groups hanging out on your Yacht

I miss that game so much.

02.09.2013 , 11:37 AM | #47
Yep, any thing that might add to more options, dyes, color changing, hair styles changes, I am always for QOL, updates of any kind..
Do not dwell in the past, do not not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Expectations lead to suffering

02.09.2013 , 12:22 PM | #48
Yes. Definitely yes. Whether is a small change, big change, two color change... any idea would be nice to have in effect.

02.09.2013 , 01:07 PM | #49
I definitely support an armour recolour kit,and hope that this is going to happen soon,
we are asking for this feature from more than a year.
I'm not a prophet or a stone age man,Just a mortal
with the potential of a superman,I'm living on"

02.09.2013 , 01:21 PM | #50
I'm 100% in favor of allowing us to recolor gear! I think that would be awesome. And FWIW, I heartily disagree with all those who think it's necessary to limit the color selection. If it breaks your immersion, then you're not really very immersed -- because 'in reality' (meaning in-character) folks could wear whatever color they want.

The only ones who are really in a military unit that would require uniformity are the Troopers. Drab colors may be the norm for Jedi, but they don't really enforce any specific dress code. Likewise, I doubt the Sith care -- heck, they're into passion -- probably would say go wild. Bounty Hunters? Totally up to personal choice. Same with Smugglers. There's no precedent, in the lore, for limiting what color a person can wear. (No, a 'tendency' is not an absolute limit.)