Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Login Issue - Being disconnected after selecting a character

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Character Login Issue - Being disconnected after selecting a character
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Graves
02.16.2013 , 11:53 PM | #41
Hey, on the setting clickie in the launchpad, I click yea to enable test server and it is now patching. I will report back to see if this will allow me to get on the regular servers as well.

Graves
02.16.2013 , 11:55 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Graves View Post
Hey, on the setting clickie in the launchpad, I click yea to enable test server and it is now patching. I will report back to see if this will allow me to get on the regular servers as well.
Update - Yes I am now on the regular server. So the fix is go to settings on the launchpad. Change to yes on the test server option, you'll start patching right away. Once you're done, you're in.

Evonaut
02.17.2013 , 12:20 AM | #43
my game had crashed for the third time today which is usual for me ill admit but then i tried reloading my launcher typed in my email and password as usual and then beside the log in button i pressed came the loading circle that went on loading for 5 minutes straight so i restarted my computer multiple times and ended up with the same results it says the login service is currently unavailable but im in mumble and my friends are logging into the game just fine and i checked my connection and its nothing on my end.

kealthoris
02.17.2013 , 01:26 AM | #44
Same with me, error 2005 your account has been disconnected worked fine before the bran knew patch.

kortow
02.17.2013 , 08:57 AM | #45
woop woop! I'm workin now!

CountOryansen
02.21.2013 , 04:43 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Naugor View Post
Greetings everyone,

We have identified a patching issue affecting a small number of players.

The symptom on the players side would be connecting to the character select screen as normal, however as soon as you would connect to an area, the character would be disconnected from the game and back to server select.

If you are experiencing this issue, we would like you to take the following troubleshooting steps as a temporary workaround:
  1. Close the game and the launcher.
  2. Navigate to you your Star Wars: The Old Republic installation folder. In a default installation these files can be found here:
    • 64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
    • 32bit: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
  3. Delete the "retailclient_swtor.version" file
  4. Restart the Launcher and let it patch the game. A few files will be downloaded but the process should be swift.
  5. Proceed to login to your character.
Should the problem persist, please let us know.

Thank you.
I have been having this exact problem. It just started today for me February 21st.
i did the above exactly and it did reinstall the client. It would be good to note also that swtor is dropping in and out of supposed internet connection. But that is not the case, in fact I am losing no connection whatsoever and it is telling be the connection is lost.

This did not fix my problem either. After re installing the client I am having the exact same problem.
I can easily get to the character selection screen but after it loads and I enter in, all activity except my toon is frozen. Chat does not work, i can open windows like invintory but cannot r/e or do anything with them.
Shortly after that i get booted to the server selection screen.

What exactly is going on here?

Count Dooku: It is obvious that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force... but by our skills with a lightsaber.

Celphish
02.22.2013 , 01:19 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by CountOryansen View Post
I have been having this exact problem. It just started today for me February 21st.
i did the above exactly and it did reinstall the client. It would be good to note also that swtor is dropping in and out of supposed internet connection. But that is not the case, in fact I am losing no connection whatsoever and it is telling be the connection is lost.

This did not fix my problem either. After re installing the client I am having the exact same problem.
I can easily get to the character selection screen but after it loads and I enter in, all activity except my toon is frozen. Chat does not work, i can open windows like invintory but cannot r/e or do anything with them.
Shortly after that i get booted to the server selection screen.

What exactly is going on here?
I'm having the exact same problem!
Their fix doesn't work at all!

Lassabe
02.22.2013 , 08:40 PM | #48
I am having the same issue and tried the fix listed. No luck. I have never had a problem before with server connection. Hope there's a solution soon. Namaste

profhermit
02.22.2013 , 09:39 PM | #49
Found a fix for my CTD problem in this thread

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=585010

ross_madison
02.24.2013 , 09:50 AM | #50
I did all the instructions and it worked