Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Animal Mounts in the Cartel market

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Chickensevil
02.11.2013 , 11:51 PM | #61
Screw it... I took it down to good ole in game testing... run away from an object for 5 seconds and write down the distance... I only did it 5 times to get an average distance... but the numbers were not so far off that it really makes a difference here... do it with both sprint turned on and sprint turned off. Apply a bit of math and BAM you know how fast you run!
5seconds distance (avg): 28.414 normal / 37.59 sprint
mps(meters per second): 5.6828 normal / 7.59 sprint
kph: 20.45808 normal / 27.324 sprint
mph: 12.7121 normal / 16.9783 sprint

So whats the difference between the two values? about 35%? yep... The discrepancy is likely an error on my imperfect system to get the speed, and thus would throw the correct value off. But we can say we "run" at 13mph, and "sprint" at 17mph... So a 110% mount is 27.3mph.

So again, why cant animals known to run well over that speed be viable for mounts? That's a verified two species straight from wookieepedia: Dewbacks and Tauntauns which are also the most WIDELY known animal mounts...

Yes, I put way too much effort to discredit an angry few people "if you put animal mounts in the game IMA quit!!!!"... but don't go making baseless claims just because you want to complain... again... the better argument (if all you want to do is complain) is to argue why do our mounts go so SLOW... because clearly 27.3 MPH is far slower than my Lhosan Thunderbolt can take me.

Why if they dont increase the mount speeds SO MANY PEOPLE ARE GOING TO QUIT THE GAME!!!!!!111!ONE
Quote:
First man says to the second man: Why are you hitting your head against the wall over and over?
Second man responds: Because it feels so good when I stop
Zetliam - Empire - Bounty Hunter - Pot5
Armory

lucotas
02.12.2013 , 12:09 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Chickensevil View Post
Screw it... I took it down to good ole in game testing... run away from an object for 5 seconds and write down the distance... I only did it 5 times to get an average distance... but the numbers were not so far off that it really makes a difference here... do it with both sprint turned on and sprint turned off. Apply a bit of math and BAM you know how fast you run!
5seconds distance (avg): 28.414 normal / 37.59 sprint
mps(meters per second): 5.6828 normal / 7.59 sprint
kph: 20.45808 normal / 27.324 sprint
mph: 12.7121 normal / 16.9783 sprint

So whats the difference between the two values? about 35%? yep... The discrepancy is likely an error on my imperfect system to get the speed, and thus would throw the correct value off. But we can say we "run" at 13mph, and "sprint" at 17mph... So a 110% mount is 27.3mph.

So again, why cant animals known to run well over that speed be viable for mounts? That's a verified two species straight from wookieepedia: Dewbacks and Tauntauns which are also the most WIDELY known animal mounts...

Yes, I put way too much effort to discredit an angry few people "if you put animal mounts in the game IMA quit!!!!"... but don't go making baseless claims just because you want to complain... again... the better argument (if all you want to do is complain) is to argue why do our mounts go so SLOW... because clearly 27.3 MPH is far slower than my Lhosan Thunderbolt can take me.

Why if they dont increase the mount speeds SO MANY PEOPLE ARE GOING TO QUIT THE GAME!!!!!!111!ONE
i don't carte the speed for an animal mounts. i want an animal mount for look awesome

Quote:
Varactly?
Working on my english.
PLEASE SUPORT THIS THREAD ABOUT ANIMAL MOUNTS!
Animal Mounts in the cartel market

KepavEgi
02.12.2013 , 09:01 PM | #63
I've been hoping for animal mounts as well (I want a thranta), but I really hope some can be earned, not just bought with Cartel Coins, as I only use my monthly allotment and am largely unwilling to buy them. Also, I would not care, and would prefer, if at least some were comparable in speed to mechanical mounts. Who cares if it's "unrealistic." Star Wars is a Sci-fi/Fantasy universe. There are animals in it that can survive the vacuum of space. Why wouldn't some exist within that can keep up with a speeder.
Main: Rishaz - Vanguard

Alts: Britala - Marauder, Yolama - Sage, Jek'rolo - Operative,
Nastatia - Gunslinger, Jyrth - Mercenary, Zarron - Assassin,
Gandrel - Guardian
Steel Inquisition

lucotas
02.14.2013 , 12:57 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by KepavEgi View Post
I've been hoping for animal mounts as well (I want a thranta), but I really hope some can be earned, not just bought with Cartel Coins,.
i prefer buy these mounts before never get them
Working on my english.

lucotas
02.14.2013 , 09:28 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanEmmott View Post
Howdy everyone!

I wanted to pop in here and let everyone know that we are very much reading y'all's suggestions (and the ensuing debates ). I figured the Animal Mounts discussion would be a good one to jump in and let you know that creature mounts are something we have wanted for quite some time now. Now, obviously I can't tell you anything concrete yet - mostly because there isn't anything concrete yet - but I can tell you that Hoth doesn't feel right without being able to ride a tauntaun.
please remember to add varactly
Working on my english.

genecor
02.16.2013 , 03:13 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanEmmott View Post
Howdy everyone!

I wanted to pop in here and let everyone know that we are very much reading y'all's suggestions (and the ensuing debates ). I figured the Animal Mounts discussion would be a good one to jump in and let you know that creature mounts are something we have wanted for quite some time now. Now, obviously I can't tell you anything concrete yet - mostly because there isn't anything concrete yet - but I can tell you that Hoth doesn't feel right without being able to ride a tauntaun.
Actually I would love to have the option to have special mounts which change looks according to planet/zone... Or heck.. even the option to reskin or re-color my speeders/mounts

HexATL
02.16.2013 , 05:12 AM | #67
I would like my taun taun mount now plz.
I would like my varactly mount now plz.
DecemberCrew pre-order date: Dec 12
Current status: ONLINE

lucotas
02.16.2013 , 11:34 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by genecor View Post
Actually I would love to have the option to have special mounts which change looks according to planet/zone... Or heck.. even the option to reskin or re-color my speeders/mounts
no dude. i want my varactly everywhere even in the imperial fleet
Working on my english.

elfbearpig
02.17.2013 , 04:29 AM | #69
it would be cool to ride a rancor mount

Vitas
02.17.2013 , 11:46 PM | #70
Any animal which is currently already in the game or their homeworld is already explorable I believe should be available not in the Cartel Market but either as a mission reward or purchasable from a vendor. If not then I believe they would be cosidered acceptable as a Cartel Market item.

Those which are already in-game or have their homeworld explorable:
*Bantha
*Dewback
*Eopie
*Rancor
*Reek
*Tauntaun
*Varactyl

Those which would be best suited as a Cartel Item:
*Blurrg
*Bordok
*Foonar
*Equss
*Kaadu
*Kashyyyk bantha
*Kybuck
*Jaboon
*Lava flea
*Maru
*Mogo
*Orray
*Rockhopper
*Tybis
*Vroom
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game: