Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Galactic Reputation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Galactic Reputation
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AlphaSigChainsaw
02.05.2013 , 12:36 PM | #31
When LOTRO added rep systems, they retroactively applied rep points for missions completed. It's not impossible just because it's new, looks like they just didn't want to spend the time doing so.

augustgrace
02.05.2013 , 12:36 PM | #32
Mindlessly repeating a small pool of old content is the only way to gain rep? Why? Are people at bioware/ea really sitting around a table thinking this is what players want?

Instead give us a multitude of options. Perhaps these groups need items crafted for them. Treasure hunts across the landscape to find artifacts. Thinning out populations of enemy mobs. 100% completion of planet map/quests. Pvp areas/arenas.

There are a ton of options for making this an interesting addition to the game, but instead its like you sat around thinking of the most boring way to implement rep.

chuixupu
02.05.2013 , 12:37 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Mizue View Post
Well... i'm kind of disapointed. I was expecting to see some "hutt" reputation, so we would have a reason to go back to tatooine aside from protect the lowbies from lvl 50 imps =[
Well, it does say: "Players can look forward to us adding more Reputation organizations in the future that will include new and familiar locations!"

So perhaps Tatooine and the Hutts will be in the future.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Gaff
02.05.2013 , 12:37 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by SkuzBukit View Post
The very last thing this game required was a faction-grinding system, of all the many alternate progression systems out there in the MMO space this is by far the laziest dirtiest solution & it's so old boring & lacking in imagination.

I'd rather see more sandbox elements make it into the game than tired old ideas like this.
This. I finally dropped my WoW sub due to the insane reputation grind. It'd take nothing short of getting my own planet to incentivize this garbage. Would have been nice if they had spent the development time on something..... better.

Sorry to offend those who enjoy grind.
"You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Quraswren
02.05.2013 , 12:37 PM | #35
Something else to do at level 50 and not really required from what I can tell.

Sounds interesting enough.

I do hope some FP's and operations have the chance to drop rep items. Such as Battle of Ilum given Voss rep given the ending of that FP.

Urael
02.05.2013 , 12:39 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by anstalt View Post
It is unbelieveably poor marketing to release a blog like this introducing a new grind without even trying to incentivise the community. Sort it out.
Agreed. Once again, "information" that raises more questions than it answers. Poorly written. It should have addressed if it would be retroactive. TBH, there is nothing in the write up presented that would make me go back and regrind old content. Titles? Oh boy! This is just another WoW clone "end game" solution. We grind reps in WoW now as the end game mechanic for gear, mounts, etc. This isn't new.

Bugattiboy
02.05.2013 , 12:40 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Dev Blog
Organization: Republic Fifth Assault Battalion & Imperial First Mobile Fleet

How to Earn Reputation: Hard Mode Space Missions
You just had to cram those abnormally hard missions down our throat didn't you.

Quraswren
02.05.2013 , 12:43 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Bugattiboy View Post
You just had to cram those abnormally hard missions down our throat didn't you.
I have to admit there would have to be some amazing rewards in that rep. for me grind through them.

There not nearly fun enough to grind though presently.

Robbygoof
02.05.2013 , 12:50 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
I have to admit there would have to be some amazing rewards in that rep. for me grind through them.

There not nearly fun enough to grind though presently.
I agree, for getting to a certain point for rep is there something to purchase from a vendor say a speeder or new gear or modifications pieces??? if not I do not see my self purposely trying to get these reputations up.
] Looking for more to do at Endgame than just run OPS, or PVP for better gear, its getting a bit stale!

tekhiun
02.05.2013 , 12:50 PM | #40
NO PVP !

bioware deceived us once again.
Star Wars: Attack of the Cartel.