Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Galactic Reputation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Galactic Reputation
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sarathis
02.11.2013 , 01:47 PM | #341
More bait for the hamster wheel. And yet another way to make this game exactly like every other MMOG on the market, though people have long since stopped hoping for anything else from SWTOR. Even if they have things for sale from Rep vendors OTHER than *yawn* more re-colored gear, I can't see any reason to grind moar.
Proud Member of Altaholics Anonymous
No new characters made in: 4 days, 1 hours, 12 minutes...

Akomo
02.11.2013 , 02:14 PM | #342
Whoa whoa whoa! Wait a cotton pickin minute here!All you folks are complaining about another grind?When you brag about having 8 alts?When you brag about being pvp masters with 100 valor level?Bragging about your gear , not only on your main toons but your alts as well?Both PvP and PvE gear?

Youll pardon me while i chuckle at your complaints about grinding.I got ONE max level toon after one year.I have multiple alts as well.To tell you the truth ,people DO grind for titles and reputation since its something that will make their own character more rare and unique than others.

No one looks like me or is specced like me.When they do i can change it thanks to the customization system in game, thank god!

So we get 1.7 and an expansion pack this year.Thats good.Heres to hoping for quarterly world events every year.
Super Muppet Extraordinaire!

Urael
02.11.2013 , 02:37 PM | #343
Quote: Originally Posted by Akomo View Post
Whoa whoa whoa! Wait a cotton pickin minute here!All you folks are complaining about another grind?
No complaining that it:
  1. Looks like it's "bolted on" (much like the legacy system ( I am looking at you legacy levels 26-50)).
  2. Not retroactive (penalizes long term players, poor design).
  3. Nothing new (WoW and other games have rep grinds).
  4. Yet another thing that "won't have an effect" on your character ( vis a vie "choices have consequences").

Same old same old ... unless it's in the cash shop and shiny it's not scottish (or so we are lead to believe).

keitzy
02.11.2013 , 05:35 PM | #344
Well they really listened to our concerns in this thread.
I left wow and came back to SWTOR because of gated content rep grinds. Might as well go back.
At least wow didn't have major bugs like SWTOR.
BIOWARE ..... Fix your bugs first then content last especially when rep grinds mean nothing if your falling through the floor or cannot target npc's or that switch cannot be used or the game is crashing constantly for some.
I see nothing has changed in 6 months with BIOWARE. Same bugs from a year to 6 months ago still exist and they still don't listen to their community.

Sydth
02.11.2013 , 06:44 PM | #345
Quote: Originally Posted by Astoncam View Post
Limit the reputation gained by week is the best idea ever.

Because i don't want to compete with anyone. Please BioWare, put a time limit to spend in Operations. For the same reason. And also, put a cap in the number of times you can send your companions to do crew skills. Because if a person spends 6 hours playing he can make more money than me.

/irony

NO CAP. I'm a suscriber. NO CAP. Freedom for the people.
you do understand that the cap is only per organization, right?

at the moment there are six organizations. the cap doesn't apply to them all at the same time.
Khajjo'panåka Pårüshå
Begeren ColonyHarbinger

“You seem about as trustworthy as a used-speeder salesman"
"Really? Most people find me harmless and kind of charming. Never mind."

mulzii
02.11.2013 , 07:42 PM | #346
if they make more rewards that give people an advantage in PvP only if they group in PvE, it will be time for me to find a new balanced game...

octagramt
02.12.2013 , 02:15 AM | #347
how about a reputation system that is geared towards PVP skill, as that is the true testimate of a player's ability?
In my world of enemies I walk alone

octagramt
02.12.2013 , 02:19 AM | #348
better yet, there should be a system that takes into account the entire Account's activity. If a person has mulitple chracters, and they all have high social levels, or high valor levels, there should be an Account level title that shows their proficiancy, just like 'founder' is account level. that way, people would know your level of skill, no matter the level of your currant character
In my world of enemies I walk alone

POPsi
02.12.2013 , 03:29 AM | #349
Quote: Originally Posted by Griad View Post
I have to admit i would rather sit around fleet waiting for WZ or FP pop than do dailies and maybe even this new grind. I did dailies once where i did them all and have never done em since and i will never do them again its boring.
Man I hate them dailies, can't imagine why on earth they keep coming up with them patch after patch. Most content patch is "oh look, here are some dailies for you. And don't forget the dailies in SPACE. " I'd gladly switch section x and the reputation grind system for a solid card minigame or swoop racing or similar.

Amlici
02.12.2013 , 09:20 AM | #350
Eh fun event. Managed to not get flagged the duration of the dailies so that was good Rep grinding now to see if we can kill the boss in the ship. Good to see that part of Ilum actually put to good use
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC