Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Galactic Reputation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Galactic Reputation
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MrSchmo
02.08.2013 , 10:16 AM | #301
Quote: Originally Posted by ramblerdodge View Post
If this isn't retroactive, well... I will be dissatisfied.
It's not. Check the bio post in this thread.

I dont see how it would be considering its a new feature all together. Can't retro active everything.
That's why they call it space, cause there is so much of it.

mrnnj
02.08.2013 , 12:53 PM | #302
Welcome to the grind. Since rep is LEGACY bound going up with a group of related alts should be hella easy. Just saying. This isn't WoW where reputation is character dependent. Having even two characters able to do associated content will make it that much easier and faster.
Knight Officer of the Order of the Silver Dragons
Chief Operating Officer: Mid-Atlantic, TauRadio

Heezdedjim
02.08.2013 , 01:14 PM | #303
Quote: Originally Posted by mrnnj View Post
Welcome to the grind. Since rep is LEGACY bound going up with a group of related alts should be hella easy. Just saying. This isn't WoW where reputation is character dependent. Having even two characters able to do associated content will make it that much easier and faster.
No, it won't. You can't get more than X amount of rep per week no matter how many toons you have because it is legacy wide. You can do a little bit on each one, but all together you can't do any more with ten toons each week than you could do with just one. And since this will likely progress at the same glacial rate as the existing Legacy grind, it's going to take a hella long time doing the same crap content over and over to max out in any of the reputation lines. If anything, this is even a worse grind than Legacy, because at least you gain Legacy XP while leveling alts. You can't gain rep with a toon while leveling at all, until you get to 47-50ish and can do the content that it is tied to.

Polebreaker
02.08.2013 , 01:35 PM | #304
Quote: Originally Posted by odonoghuet View Post
it feels like someone didn't want to code in something like how missions can give positive and negative light/darkside points or companion affections, so they cheaply made it an item you activate to give the points. Short cutting like this gives no confidence in your programers ability to code the game.
Putting the rep on tradable items, however, lets them do two things... allow people to trade them on the GTN, and, more importantly, allows eaware to sell rep directly on the cartel market via rep-prizes in lock boxes and whatnot.

So, probably less a code decision than an actual design and $$$ decision.

And to the people who keep asking... they've already said... it's NOT RETROACTIVE. And anyways... who even did any of those horrible Voss heroics? Why do you think they have to reincentivize them to get people to actually use the content...

Urael
02.08.2013 , 01:42 PM | #305
Quote: Originally Posted by Polebreaker View Post
And anyways... who even did any of those horrible Voss heroics? Why do you think they have to reincentivize them to get people to actually use the content...
Indeed.

Their reasoning is flawed. Poor content is still poor content even if there is a larger carrot.

Instead of designing better content, EAware repurposes the same old little played content. Brilliant!!

*Equip defibrillator* CLEAR!!

darklordpotter
02.08.2013 , 02:47 PM | #306
Quote: Originally Posted by Polebreaker View Post
Putting the rep on tradable items, however, lets them do two things... allow people to trade them on the GTN, and, more importantly, allows eaware to sell rep directly on the cartel market via rep-prizes in lock boxes and whatnot.

So, probably less a code decision than an actual design and $$$ decision.

And to the people who keep asking... they've already said... it's NOT RETROACTIVE. And anyways... who even did any of those horrible Voss heroics? Why do you think they have to reincentivize them to get people to actually use the content...
Funny I thought that as well - the primary reason to do it this is because it allows them to sell the items through the CM as well as the existing increasing effect option they have already implemented.

manchusabre
02.08.2013 , 03:37 PM | #307
Seems awfully gimmicky, so we are supposed to do all this for a title? I noticed they already removed the pic showing some of the titles. I wonder if one of them is to get people to do the section X dailies. I know I don't go there. I agree with the others about when are bugs going to be fixed too. People are still falling through the ramp by the tractor beam console on esseles after more than a year of being bugged. I am not really looking forward to doing any of these things for reputation after hk being a let down and the cartel market being reskins of existing outfits.

BernRod
02.08.2013 , 03:42 PM | #308
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
Damn, hard mode space mission? Remember getting a few upgrades after 1.6 was introduced and giving up
Yea, too hard is not fun. I don't enjoy playing the space missions much. They become clicking mayhem and perfect timing eccentric.
"Yo ho ho Joe"

odonoghuet
02.08.2013 , 06:38 PM | #309
Are we going to know the limit of points per week? My concern is that this might be like the Companion gift system where at set points the value return changes including down to zero. Am I going to lose a major rep points item to get zero if I forget on Monday that I already spent my limit last tuesday (Before weekly reset).
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.

Sithishe
02.08.2013 , 06:41 PM | #310
MORE MISSIONS ON TATOOINE!
Pazaak (PvP)
SWOOP RACING(as PvP ofcorse, not minigame)!
CONTENT THAT WILL REMIND OF MOVIES!
FAMOUS FACTIONS ONLY PLS!!!
REPUTATION WITH CZERKA and CRIME WORLD INSTEAD!
PvP with vechicles and actual warfare please!
Arenas for 1v1 PvP please! With champoin of arena title and epic weapon\mount taht only current champoin can carry!
Adcance Legacy and Social, I want my legacy 50 and Social X meant something, I dont know, what ever, even allow to spit on those who has lesser legacy rank, its all what MMO about!
Solo-PvE chalenges please, tired of soloing End of Torvix, Need to feel Chuk Norris like, not only 8\16men beating up poor litle raid boss.
Guild levels(yes like in WoW) to make less useless guilds who dont do anything disappear, and make pregression PvE. Hard Core PvP more populated
Idea with private spaceships are amazing, Bioware\EA, players like feeling of private property in MMO!!! Make something more about it, private farms on Tatooine, Guild houses, Guild Starships. I want my own teashop on Voss!
Make classes weild more then 1 weapon, Doublebladed lightsabers to Maradeurs\Sentinels, and Dual weild to Assasins\Shadows, like in KOTOR, that person can custumize it. Give assault riffles to Powertechs!
More then 110% mounts please and no NOT 120%, Freaking 200% please
Make Roket boost like activatble mount!
Flying mounts ofcorse!