Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Galactic Reputation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Galactic Reputation
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

renoxodus
02.05.2013 , 03:46 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by augustgrace View Post
Once we grind out these rewards are they fully available to our characters? Or do we have to then pay credits/cartel coins to "unlock" the rewards we just earned (like the legacy system).
I would imagine that credits will be required to purchase the gear after you reach the required tier, just as it is now for social points, valor, etc. Just because you get to social 10 doesn't mean you should get the items for free. Why would this be any different?

SentinelDranoel
02.05.2013 , 03:48 PM | #112
So they finally figured out a way to get people to do all the heroics, even after they leave the planet. Nice.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix

WHFlash
02.05.2013 , 03:59 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by dpwms View Post
@ Bioware:

Wouldn't the time spent on this have been better utilized creating real content or fixing bugs? I don't mind that this system is being added, but it just doesn't seem to improve the game in any way.
1) Reputation is only one of many things coming. Did you forget the level cap increase and the new planet?

2) Why are you assuming that developers do new content OR bug fixes, but not both? They're putting out a patch every couple of weeks, with bug fixes in each one. Do those not count because they're not fixing your pet peeve first?

3) If this content were tied exclusively to PVP, and if you didn't like PVP, would you say that the developers wasted their time and didn't improve the game in any way? There are too many playstyles to say that any new content, no matter how small, is a complete waste of time. There will always be people that are thankful for what comes out. There's no MMO law that says you as a paying customer have to be happy with everything the developers do to the game you play. Let those who like a grind get something new to grind. They pay money just like I do, which only helps keep the game servers running, and those working on the game employed. This content won't hurt anyone that doesn't want to do it, and they've gone out of their way to make sure it's a grind that's as painless as possible by tying it to legacy.

AshlaBoga
02.05.2013 , 04:01 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by MaliksKid View Post
Slagrida LOL. Seriously, Kudos to whoever got that through.
I don't get the reference. Where's that from?
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

PadawanDavid
02.05.2013 , 04:02 PM | #115
I sure hope this patch isn't going to be like the last one after it updates to the latest file saying, "An Error has occurred please click on Repair." (5 files). Followed by a scan, which when it is over a replay says it found so many damaged files and it takes several hours of my paid subscribers account waiting for it to scan them.

Only to find out after it does that it restarts the update downloading installs the file 101 and says again, "An error has occurred please do a repair. (5 Files found)

I have had this same installation problem happen 3 times since I began with the same number of (5 files) while I've been a paying subscriber of Star Wars - The Old Republic. The first time was just before I would have earned the Founders status symbol and would have been given it for being such a good guy and paying for the game time.

Which I think you should send me to the MMO eMail account so I get it there when I enter the game again, "as promised".

Mevan
02.05.2013 , 04:03 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by WHFlash View Post
1) Reputation is only one of many things coming. Did you forget the level cap increase and the new planet?
A planet nobody asked for or wanted. Content or not, nobody ever really wanted Makeb.

Let those who like a grind get something new to grind.
Find me 10 people who like to grind :')

Blacklynx
02.05.2013 , 04:04 PM | #117
Basically 1.7 and the reputation system revolves around the things less played in the game. Interesting idea but not sure if it's going to work as they want. If the only thing you get with the reputation brackets is acess to a vendor then is not going to do well, considering alot of the things will be overpriced, if we consider everything they've done so far (legacy, dailies). It's going to have to be some really sweet stuff for ppl to do it (outside of those that play those parts of the game).

Gree reputation (seems to be linked to pvp, no real information yet).
HM space missions - few ppl play the space mission thingy.
Voss-Ka heroics - it's a way to get ppl back on Voss but how many will do it depend on the items you can get.
Section X - plenty of ppl stopped bothering with this area, black hole area is faster and less annoying.

This is just my opinion of course, but we'll see what happens.

Zwippie
02.05.2013 , 04:04 PM | #118

2) Why are you assuming that developers do new content OR bug fixes, but not both? They're putting out a patch every couple of weeks, with bug fixes in each one. Do those not count because they're not fixing your pet peeve first?

3) If this content were tied exclusively to PVP, and if you didn't like PVP, would you say that the developers wasted their time and didn't improve the game in any way? There are too many playstyles to say that any new content, no matter how small, is a complete waste of time. There will always be people that are thankful for what comes out. There's no MMO law that says you as a paying customer have to be happy with everything the developers do to the game you play. Let those who like a grind get something new to grind. They pay money just like I do, which only helps keep the game servers running, and those working on the game employed. This content won't hurt anyone that doesn't want to do it, and they've gone out of their way to make sure it's a grind that's as painless as possible by tying it to legacy.
HEAR HEAR.
Couldnt have said it beter myself. And thats the truth.

But srsly i think this looks nice and im guessing the Hard mode space mission are the heroic ones so that will be a small bi**h but no problem hopefully.
Will be fun to try it out later.

Blackavaar
02.05.2013 , 04:12 PM | #119
I notice that on the image in the blog the options Legacy Surname and Hide Legacy seem to be missing from the Legacy Title drop down. Please tell me that these options are not being removed.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

ObiJuanShenobi
02.05.2013 , 04:18 PM | #120
Reputations: A step in the right direction!!!
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun