Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Galactic Reputation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Galactic Reputation
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

augustgrace
02.05.2013 , 03:06 PM | #101
Once we grind out these rewards are they fully available to our characters? Or do we have to then pay credits/cartel coins to "unlock" the rewards we just earned (like the legacy system).

Urael
02.05.2013 , 03:08 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by augustgrace View Post
Once we grind out these rewards are they fully available to our characters? Or do we have to then pay credits/cartel coins to "unlock" the rewards we just earned (like the legacy system).
Given the way the current legacy system works ... what do you think?

ztee
02.05.2013 , 03:08 PM | #103
I'd also like to know the answer to this. I assume credits each time you want to buy.

that being said, they didnt really explain what type of items will be available.

throw us a freakin bone here ....

HybridCode
02.05.2013 , 03:16 PM | #104
I don't see how this would interest most. Seems like a lot of work for minor cosmetics. How does it improve your character statistically?

So this is what they are working on instead of fixing bugs and balance issues huh?
The only Commando left sitting...

Slaven_claw
02.05.2013 , 03:22 PM | #105
When can we test It. We have done the character copy a few weeks ago and no pts server up. Its pushing the "content every 6 weeks" over its due date.

tanktest
02.05.2013 , 03:28 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Luniara View Post
I'm thinking they won't have a way to track how many times we've done quests for Voss so I suppose we'll be starting out fresh; which is annoying but its still gonna be fun. I love grinding rep.

Please add special rep stuff! D= Mounts, pets, gear!!
yea they do , they must we can't get those same mission again unless they reset it for us or just give us the credit ...

But can track it , ill even bet they have those logs some place safe and knew they were gonna do this a long time ago ...

gabarooni
02.05.2013 , 03:34 PM | #107
Seems like a chore to me. I'll have to see the rewards before I know for sure but "I got a bad feeling about this" They may call this endgame solo progression but it looks like a daily grind for worthless titles to me. I cant wait until TESO's Adventure zones (Actual gamplay and progression zones for single or duo players)
New Gear is the ONLY type of character progression at endgame. Raiders are not the only ones who want to continue to progress their toons throughout an expansion. Im a bad bad speller.

TUXs
02.05.2013 , 03:38 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by odericko View Post
Finally SWTOR gets some (partially) self sustainable content. Looking forward to them building up on it.
I remember thinking that about Legacy long ago too...
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Quraswren
02.05.2013 , 03:39 PM | #109
If it's like most other MMO's around I'm sure you will have to pay something.

You will need to reach a rep level to purchase anything on that tier. Just cause you reach a rep level, as far as I know, it has never meant you get the gear on that level for just grinding to that level. You always had to pay something more.

Mevan
02.05.2013 , 03:44 PM | #110
Only worthwhile addition is the Legacy title system which, in my opinion, should be how titles are presented anyway. Why commas are used (not even hyphens!) is beyond me; it looks ugly and amateurish. Titles should have been underneath your name from launch. The rest is 'meh', seems like an incredibly lazy attempt at keeping players spending their money. Try and make more of an effort next time please- there's only so long we can keep playing without new content.
Quit as of 2.4. Because the Star Wars IP can only get bad developers so far.